iPhone Firmware 2.2: More Problems and Workarounds to Fix them

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 2.2: More Problems and Workarounds to Fix them

Apple released iPhone firmware 2.2 late last week which includes many improvements such as Google Street View, Podcast over-the-air download and bug fixes for or the Safari crashes, the iPhone Safari exploit and more. We had published an article about some of the problems that iPhone users had reported after...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lutz-R.
    Lutz-R. Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

have you tried to turn the Calculator by 90° to get the bigger display - its completely distorted after 2.2 on my old iPhone

• marc-etienne
    marc-etienne Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Since 2.2 I can't reinstall commandfusion's iViewer app.

This is a home automation app and it's no use without a Crestron processor. But if you guys can try and install it I'll know if it's a 2.2 glitch.

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

For some reason since the update my Edge connection is sporadic. It can be working just fine one minute and the next not connect at all. I have found that the only way to regain my connectivity is by turning off the phone itself or by using SBsettings to reboot my phone.

• futurecode
    futurecode Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just a little tip. I had a problem with apps not showing after an update (jailbroken) on my 3g. I went into settings and enabled restrictions, then disabled restrictions and that made all my "invisiable" apps to re-appear.

• Dre
    Dre Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

I have a factory unlocked iphone and it works perfectly fine after i updated to 2.2. the problem u guys are talking about in categories, just go to bossprefs and use the "poof" thing to unhide them. its that simple. also, i couldnt just update it. it gave me an error when i tried that so i clicked restore n it worked but i had to install cydia programs all over again so i recommend u back up cydia

• Com3
    Com3 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

is anyone facing any problems with the headset button? after updating my headset button stopped working, it was working just fine. now its kinda choppy, sometimes it doesnt even work at all.

is there a workaround for this?

thanks

• Effelle
    Effelle Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Since the 2.2 upgrade, my relaxation apps, Binaural Beat, aSleep and Ambiance stop working if I turn off the display. I definitely don't want the display on for the half hour or so the app is open.

• Effelle
    Effelle Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Update on my previous post. The problem with Ambiance has been solved, and aSleep confirms that their update is ready, pending Apple's approval. That leaves only BinauralBeat.

• Iphoneuser
    Iphoneuser Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone 3G 8GB and have not yet jailbroken it, but did the 2.2 update..

Now I just tried restoring it with the iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw and it did infact downgrade the firmware (acording to iTunes). However it gave a 1013 error. But it would seem my iPhone is now using the old firmware and is sitting is recovery mode... so that should mean I can jailbreak it or whatever I want right?

• LTD
    LTD Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

When I upgraded to 2.2 I have major problems with Network coverage in places that I was fine on 2.1 "No Service" message. If I reboot then it comes back. Also I have noticed that the phone interfears with other devices now, like my desk phone at work. Never an issue before and in my Car or docked in a BOSE speaker system. I have down graded to 2.1 for the FW but still has problems. So this leads me to think there is a problem with the new Modem FW? SO my phone have gone back to Apple for repair. I bet they find nothing and it will come back just the same.

• Eugene
    Eugene Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Hi have a problem with the alarm, it will go off a couple of times and everytime i snooze its ok but after a few snoozes the sound just stops working it still displays the alarm/snooze onscreen but there is no sound. I hope there is a way to fix it as i have been late for work since i upgraded to 2.2

• joseangel
    joseangel Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

gps still not working

• Hen
    Hen Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Im not sure this is 2.2 problem or not, but 2.1 do not have this problem before, i just upgraded on monday night. Everything seems fine, except the caller ID problem are not fixed.

But tonight (Wednesday), when i opened my FaceBook app, it just hang there, so i press Power + home button to force reset. Suddenly my iphone turn in DFU mode, and ask me to plug into iTune to restore the firmware...

I wonder am i the only one who have this problem? Anyone there?

• Adam Luftig
    Adam Luftig Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hello, I have a problem that is unique, I don't think anyone else has it, and I don't know what to do about it. I have an iphone 3g 16gb running a jailbroken 2.2 firmware that was jailbroken using quickpwn. Everything was going smoothly with this new update and jailbreak until I tried to use that new "Update All" button from the appstore on the iphone. It brought me back to the springboard, and the application said "Loading" like usual. When it finished loading it said "installing". But the blue bar started this time. It just stayed there frozen. I can still install a NEW application from my iphone, but I can't update any of my old ones unless I'm on the computer which is NOT okay with me. What did I do wrong? What should I do to fix it?

Respond back at aluftig@optimum.net

Thank you

• asle
    asle Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

YouTube does not work after 2.2. upgrade.
    I upgraded a 16GB 2G and a 8GB 2G iPhone. The upgrade went smooth with Pwnage Tool but after the upgrade YouTube does not work. "YoutTube is not available" (translated). Also MXtube from Cydia does not work.

• Nilly
    Nilly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Im not going near this FW 2.2, how it is physicaly possible for Apple to get this so wrong! think we deserve some answers and a new FW Update

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I have factory unlocked iPhone 3G. Update 2.2 was very usefull:
    -significant batter improvement
    -significant increase in terms of OS speed
    -No crash noted in Safari even after jailbreak it with Quick PWN 2.2
    It works flawlessly!!! A must upgrade.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

Try not to upgrade to 2.2 but restore your iphone 3g with 2.2.
    Know it painfull to reinstall all software again, but it worth doing it.

• asle
    asle Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Suddenly YouTube started working! I went to one of my YouTube bookmarks and loaded it. After that I was able to connect to YouTube. Overall successfull upgrade! I also recommend doing a restore. That cleans up things. My iPhone seems much snappier now. I had a lot of apps and things were crawling. I think a restore gives a fresh start. All my apps and info are back like before the upgrade.

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

I finally broke down and restored to 2.2 with Pwnage Tool. Everything worked fine except Cydia wouldn't load, it just kept crashing. And without Cydia, I couldn't restore the backup because I need to add a couple of programs before I do that. So I went back to 2.1.

• Puchito
    Puchito Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Somebody knows why Cydia doesn't work after upgrade to iPhone v. 2.2.
    It's an iPhone1 (2G) upgraded (from v.2.1) with PwnageTool_2.2.1 & iTunes 8.0.2, Cydia shows and opens but closes whatever i choise -user/hacker/developer-.
    I tried QuickPwn_2.2 with same results Cydia shows and opens but closes automaticaly after level choise.
    Thanks & regards,
    Puchito

• Puchito
    Puchito Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I solved problem my self.
    Apparently I did a mistake:
    At the PwnageTool in the steg Cydia Settings i added Cydia.
    As it's going automatically in next step it has to be a crash.
    Then when I used QuickPwn_2.2 to repair it apparently QuickPwn took the wrong iPhone1,1_2.2_5G77_Custom_Restore.ipsw.
    SOLUTION: I started the upgrade from the begining with PwnageTool_2.2.1 & iTunes 8.0.2...
    Now both iPhone and Cydia work fine!

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

...“but when i try 2 browse da internet it just says dat im not connected”...

speaking like that (dat) im not surprised your having problems you stupid doofus.. (duh? da phone aint working dis time..." man I could punch people that use shorthand like that.. sound so infantile

• Dustin
    Dustin Posts: 116
    via Wordpress

I cant get my phone to unlock. I have a 3g version 2.2 and the quickpwn locks up on the wait for iphone to connect in recovery mode. My phone says connect to iTunes and i have to restore it every time. Any advice?

• ALICE STEINEROVA
    ALICE STEINEROVA Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I jailbroke my phone 3g, worked ok for long, now the "phone app" does`t work, I cannot dial. I open it and it closes after a few secs.

• ewan
    ewan Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Alice, I have the same problem. So how is it now? Problem solved? Can you share your solution?

Thanks

• JayRolled
    JayRolled Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my handset button doesn't work either! i try to make a call but it just goes to the home screen when i hit a button. any help??

• Randi
    Randi Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I updated to the 2.2 and my problem seems pretty unique. Everything works fine and I have no functional problems, but when I receive/send a text, email, or phone call, my time is wrong. I can receive a text at 10am and it shows up with the time of 3:48pm. My time is set right on the homescreen. Anyone else have this problem?
    Thanks

• viktor
    viktor Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I had the same problem (Phone button not working), and what I did was

Reinstall KATE
    Go to settings, check the licence box on Kate (RIP Dev Section) and ask for a trial licence.
    Once KATE is active, I went to INSTALLER and uninstall KATE.
    Back to settings and in the RiP DEV box I hit restart springboard

• Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

since the upgrade to 2.2 i can't refresh cydia anymore, it keeps on crashing everytime i try to refresh it...i tried restoring twice and still same probelm, it was working flawlessly on 2.1