Apple Granted Patent For Inductive Charging Dock

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited June 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Granted Patent For Inductive Charging Dock

Apple's looking at a future where all our iOS devices are fully untethered. While the company did take some steps towards a wireless future in the form of ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Ciprian B
    Ciprian B Posts: 12
    Options
    inductive charging is not new. besides EMI, there is low electrical efficiency. it was studied for charging even electrical vehicles but it is not a future. maybe in low power application like the iPhone it would work. but inductive charging, why a patent on something already invented?
  • THExREALxTACO
    Options
    MAYBE... And this is a WILD idea, I know...

MAYBE Apple made it.... BETTER!?

That IS, after all, Apple's MO. Find great potential technology floundering on its own, adopt it, make it over, and "produce" amazing technology.

Mouse? Yep. GUI? Yep. MP3 player? Yep. Smartphones? Yep. Tablets? Yep. Inductive Charging? Apparently.
  • s0ulo
    s0ulo Posts: 34
    Options
    MAYBE... And this is a WILD idea, I know...

MAYBE Apple made it.... BETTER!?

That IS, after all, Apple's MO. Find great potential technology floundering on its own, adopt it, make it over, and "produce" amazing technology.

Mouse? Yep. GUI? Yep. MP3 player? Yep. Smartphones? Yep. Tablets? Yep. Inductive Charging? Apparently.
    Agreed
  • Ryne Zuzinec
    Options
    KNOWING APPLE, IT WILL BE SEPARATE
  • THExREALxTACO
    Options
    And yes, I would assume this will be a separate accessory, probably in the $55-75 range.
  • BCSC
    BCSC Posts: 49
    Options
    Wow kinda like the Samsung Pebble. Very innovative Apple. Just like how the got a patent for a stylus 2 months after the release of the note. And another for Face Unlock after ICS was released..
  • MuscleMass
    MuscleMass Posts: 20
    Options
    @ RealTaco. I agree with you. I think the inductive charging dock/station will be sold as an OPTIONAL accessory. The phone will come with standard apple usb cord. @BCSC and @Ciprian, come on, really? Y'all can't compare an "apple" to an orange.
  • THExREALxTACO
    Options
    As much as I love Apple, and believe me, I am a HUGE fanboy, I have no illusions as to where most of their "incredible innovations" come from: other companies.

However, they definitely take it, make it 1,000% BETTER, then sell it as their own.