iPhone 3G Jailbreaking help?

Options
Alright, So I am using windows 7, and My iphone is running 4.2.1 firmware. I've spent hours trying to figure this out but no luck. Here is my story.

The iPhone has a broken power button :( so I found an alternative to put it into DFU mode. It worked. Now I used iReb to put it into pwned DFU mode so I can restore with a custom firmware. I am getting the 1600/1601 error. I try to run iReb again to see if It can put it into pwned dfu mode again and I go to restore and no luck. Now After 3 tries, my luck ran out. My computer won't detect the iphone when I plug it in so I'm stuck. I wait until the next day, and I give it one more try and now my iphone is detected! So I try to put it into pwned dfu mode again and custom restore, same outcome. error 1600. I tried a few times and again It is undetectable by my computer. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Rounak
    Rounak Posts: 269
    Options
    Why aren't you using the standard redsn0w jailbreak instead of putting a custom firmware?
  • ajaya
    ajaya Posts: 1
    Options
    friend update your iTuens to 10.6 and try to restore after restarting your PC.That may work.
  • BOOOOOOM
    BOOOOOOM Posts: 1
    Options
    Try this, I have iPhone 3G, broken power button, just managed to get 4.2.1 jailbroken with broken power
    button, and downgrade the baseband! (I had 4.0.1 with jailbreakme, but I will tell you all how to get 4.2.1 JB)...
    What I did was MAKE SURE iTUNES HAD
    A BACKUP, then shift-restore the ios 3.1.2 firmware to downgrade the
    baseband, then use tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery mode or errors.
    Then I restored the ENTER_DFU 4.2.1 firmware to get into DFU using redsn0w-0-9-14b2 - click extras, even more, then DFU-IPSW.
    Then I used Sn0wbreeze v2.9.6 and made a custom firmware (advanced, to NOTupdate the baseband). Next, in Sn0wbreeze, I clicked IREB, then NO (notapple 2 tv), and it put my iPhone 3G in Pwned DFU mode. Next I opened upiTunes and did the shift-restore to the custom Sn0wbreeze firmware. Now I have jailbroken with cydia iPhone 3G 4.2.1 with broken power button. :D