Apple Threatened With Temporary Closure Of Its Operations In Italy Over Product Warranty

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited July 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Threatened With Temporary Closure Of Its Operations In Italy Over Product Warranty

Rueters reports that Italy's competition regulatory authority, ACGM, has threatened Apple with a temporary closure of its operations in Italy along with ...

Read the full story here

Comments

• @geekinit
    @geekinit Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I always wondered why Lamborghini vehicles were so expensive
  • akakig
    akakig Posts: 2
    Options
    point is: you pay for product, you get proper support and quality. not like here in north America, where companies try to take every cent from you.
  • akakig
    akakig Posts: 2
    Options
    plus Italy lost chempionship, and they are angry.
  • MuscleMass
    MuscleMass Posts: 20
    Options
    This really surprises me. Because when I visited Italy (Venice, Verona, and Rome), I was cheated twice, at 2 different stores. People also warned me to keep close track of my wallet and pockets. Italians supposedly are known for ripping tourists off, not just Apple.
  • Apple replies well b4 the 30 days deadline : "go and Fck Yourself ! We have no problems closing down to allow your Italian lazy/buggers sales team employed at apple , a few extra holiday weeks. unpaid holiday to be more precise.

I bought apple device in Italy & it is not even a problem with apple policy trying to hide the two years free warranty , it's the insufficient education level (ignorance of their own law & EU law as well) , that makes sales attendants at apple Italia or stores inadequate to operate. after all, what can you expect by a subsidiary in Italy where all they do is copy and paste & translate every line of apple website, ad campaigns & TV ads translated in the local language. (a local subsidiary with a job of a secretary) ... but of course as every north-African citizen they can only see what they want to see like donkeys. (' business development senior team leader' outside the entry of their cubical )
    marc