Absinthe 2.0.4 on iphone 4s 64Gb version IOS 5.1.1 Symlink Question

Options
iphonefr33k
iphonefr33k Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in Jailbreak Forum
Is it possible to symlink the entire /system folder to /var or private/var? I did a google search and the answer to this question is vague. I have read things like in IOS 5.1.1 there is a sandbox security layer that may cause this to fail, yet Sysclean Pro seemed to symlink some items in the /System folder successfully and free up space on the System Partition? Sysclean Pro gave me 40% free space from my original 15% free space. I am still curious though what might happen if I just symlinked the entire /Ststem folder in the system partition to the user partition /var or private/var. Will this fail and have to restore? I am sure the chronic team already have an answer to this question and thought mayve someone here with experience would know or have actually ever attempted this and was successful or not? I know your next question will be WHY? Well my question to you would be then why limit that space you have 64Gb total space on the user partition to play with. I am unsure why that 1.6Gb System Partition ever got even near 85% full to begin with. I just want to make sure this does not happen again. If there was a way to easily increase that partition space I wold have done it already and avoided this messy post!! Thanks

Answers