Can't sync 3gs after jailbreak/unlock

Options
ledavies
ledavies Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in iPhone Forum
I have done a jailbreak and unlock on my 3gs. Now I can't sync it with iTunes. Initially I got an "unknown error 0xE8000012" I reinstalled iTunes and restarted phone and computer and now I get "iTunes could not connect to this phone. Could not establish a secure connection to the device." Is this because of the jailbreak, or something else? Any suggestions?

Answers

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Options
    Are you using a USB hub? Try connecting directly to your computer or connect to a different USB port or another computer to see if you hit the same issue.
  • ledavies
    ledavies Posts: 4
    Options
    I am not using a hub.
    I have an iphone 3gs with ios5.1.1 and ipad baseband 6.15
    I think I used Redsn0w 0.9.12b for the jailbreak and ultrasn0w 1.2.7 for the unlock.
    I did the jailbreak on a friends Mac Mini but now I can't sync with my computer. I am using a MacBook with a 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor with OS 10.5.8 with iTunes 10.6.3 installed. I am connecting directly to the USB port on the laptop. I just tried connecting to an older iMac running an older version of iTunes and OS 10.4.xx and it wouldn't let my sync with that either (also connected directly to the computer USB port). It gave me a different message than my laptop...something about not being able to recognize the device or something like that.

Will downgrading my baseband make any difference? Any other suggestions?