AT&T Offering iPhone 3G Online with Home Activation; Including Free Shipping

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAT&T Offering iPhone 3G Online with Home Activation; Including Free Shipping

If you were in the US and planning to buy an iPhone 3G this Christmas then AT&T has just made it a lot easier. You can now buy it from the comfort of your home. AT&T which was earlier offering the "pre-qualification" program online is now offering customers a chance...

Read the full story here

Comments

• PennySeeds.com
    PennySeeds.com Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Wow.. way to kick existing customers in the shins AT&T! That makes zero sense that only new customers can buy online. >:(

I want a new iPhone 3G, but I'd prefer to purchase it the way I bought the original.

If they offer the 8GB at Wal-Mart then I will probably buy it there.

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

something sounds off here. I'm an existing ATT customer; and, I bought my iPhone four months ago - online.

btw, online is a great way to purchase your iphone -- no waiting in line, no waiting for an Apple employee to stumble through the activation process.

• PennySeeds.com
    PennySeeds.com Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Well, as soon as I log in the option to purchase a phone online (new or refurbished) disappears for me.

I also e-mailed AT&T, and was told by their representative I had to go to a retail store to purchase one.

I bought my first iPhone when I was a new customer online, and didn't have a problem.