Octopus Keyboard: Jailbreak Tweak Brings BlackBerry 10 Inspired Keyboard to iPhone

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited July 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageOctopus Keyboard: Jailbreak Tweak Brings BlackBerry 10 Inspired Keyboard to iPhone

One of the features that we really liked in BlackBerry 10 that was unveiled back in May was the predictive keyboard. The good news is that iOS developer M...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Paul Compton
    Options
    blowed if i can get it to work at all, shows the suggestions but no matter how i swipe it wont insert the word on my pad or fone?
  • deepansteven
    Options
    Swype wont work with this installed ? As I had it installed before this app was installed and now it doesn't work with the other tweak. Other than that it works with many dictionary, just add the repo to see which languages that are available.
  • deepansteven
    deepansteven Posts: 2
    edited July 2012
    Options
    see description and compatibility issues related to this here: http://ok.k3a.me/
  • Dave
    Dave Posts: 1
    Options
    I installed it and it works as it is supposed to. I'm thinking that Apple's word suggestions are much better though. With Apple's you just hit the space bar and it moves on. With this, you must swipe "up" from the next typed letter to input the word (More work) in addition, if forces you to look at the next letter to see if it has anticipated your next word correctly (even more work).
    Pros: If you're a slow typer it works good and flows nicely with the fingers.
    Cons: If you're a fast typer it will slow you down. You're more apt to finish typing the word instead of looking to see if Octopus has correctly anticipated your next word and then requiring you to stop typing to swipe "up" in order to finish a word that, in most cases only saves you a few letters worth of typing.
    Summary: It's fun to use if you're not in a hurry.