Samsung’s First North American Retail Store Inspired By The Minimalist Look of Apple Stores

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited July 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
image Samsung’s First North American Retail Store Inspired By The Minimalist Look of Apple Stores

Samsung's Canada Retail Store Inspired By The Minimalist Look of Apple Stores -m----WebKitFormBoundaryblzk4Gfs6eVESdur Content-Disposition: form-data; name=length1 77

Read the full story here

Comments

• s0ulo
    s0ulo Posts: 34
    Options
    Samsung just won't stop >:)
  • Ricardo Nunes
    Options
    I just wonder... where is the frigde's section? lol
  • Neil
    Neil Posts: 4
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Let's not forget that blue is Samsung's corporate colour
    Post edited by Neil on
  • PJC
    PJC Posts: 4
    Options
    Some of this is true and some of it is ****! Do you want them to have no employees walking around offering advice on their devices and accessories? The store layout is definitely a ripoff but come on every store has to have employees selling their ****. Before apple had "geniuses" best buy, wal-mart, and any retailer had "ASSOCIATES"
  • THExREALxTACO
    Options
    They blatantly ripped off the iPad's form factor, many of the iPhone's attributes and technology, and now their stores.

Why not just rename the company Apple Jacked?

I mean, sure, they need a team of employees to mingle and assist customers. Couldn't they use RED, BLACK, WHITE, or ANY OTHER COLOR but the exact blue Apple Geniuses wear?

Does it make sense to have iPads... I mean Samsung Tablets showing demos of products. Sure. Could they have rearranged the layout so it doesn't look just like Apple's? I think they could have.

Why use the exact same light-colored wood tables? Why not a richer cherry finish, or paint them (any) color?

Imitation is indeed the sincerest form of Flattery. Apple should be supremely flattered.
  • Alec Pirillo
    Alec Pirillo Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Options
    BLUE IS THE COLOUR OF THEIR LOGO.

It makes perfect sense to use blue, I can't believe no one noticed the connection. Their logo is a blue circle/oval with white background and white text. This perfectly fits their store colours, and is by no means a copy of apple.

Its like the fashion industry. Pants are pants. If one place makes green coloured pants, another place making green colour pants isn't a 'rip off', its just what people want. The mobile industry is restricted with the strict obessions of the target market, and that happens to be minimalism.

People are too obsessed with Apple to think any other company has rights to use certain designs that actualy suit them, and aren't just ripping off Apple. If you really think iPad was the first tablet device and everyone copied them, then you are grossly misinformed.
  • THExREALxTACO
    Options
    BLUE IS THE COLOUR OF THEIR LOGO.

It makes perfect sense to use blue, I can't believe no one noticed the connection. Their logo is a blue circle/oval with white background and white text. This perfectly fits their store colours, and is by no means a copy of apple.

Its like the fashion industry. Pants are pants. If one place makes green coloured pants, another place making green colour pants isn't a 'rip off', its just what people want. The mobile industry is restricted with the strict obessions of the target market, and that happens to be minimalism.

People are too obsessed with Apple to think any other company has rights to use certain designs that actualy suit them, and aren't just ripping off Apple. If you really think iPad was the first tablet device and everyone copied them, then you are grossly misinformed.
    You said it yourself, their logo is blue and WHITE. Why not TRY TO DIFFERENTIATE yourself in SOME WAYS from Apple? I mean, seriously...

And no, the iPad wasn't the first tablet. It was the first widely-adopted tablet and Samsung blatantly ripped off the aesthetic.

If you're a huge company in direct competition with another huge company, why make your stuff look JUST LIKE theirs. SET YOURSELF APART, or you're a copycat.
  • mirixee
    mirixee Posts: 1
    Options
    Dear Samsung, Please compete with Apple, Nokia, RIM, and Jesus. BUT don't do it by copying others. That's really boring, and lacks innovation. Create your own style. Like Madonna does.
  • THExREALxTACO
    Options
    Apple sent Steve Jobs to offer Jesus a seat on the Board. Samsung doesn't have a CHANCE in Hell now!
  • BCSC
    BCSC Posts: 49
    Options
    The difference in these 2 stores is that the Samsung store is loaded with option. There is more than 1 phone, 1 tablet, 1 mp3 player and 3 versions of an over priced laptop. The Samsung store has 3 tables of different phones, multiple shapes and styles of tablet, and rows of different laptops. Apple is a 1 trick pony, who probably made the choice of blue so they could sue Samsung down the road.
  • yasser
    yasser Posts: 7
    Options
    Come on guys .. Do you really think that this is the ONLY WAY to design a store ??its not just down to the store .. It's everything .. Just like when you want a fast saloon .. You buy an M3 .. Not the audi rs4 .. Sure it's good .. But it's no m3 ;)