Apple Takes Steps To Block In-App Purchase Hack

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited July 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com
imageApple Takes Steps To Block In-App Purchase Hack

The last week saw Apple's in-app purchasing system being compromised by a Russian hacker named Alexey Borodin, who used a man in the middle attack to bypas...

Read the full story here

Comments

• King0fHartford
    Options
    **** apple.. always trying to dominate everything.. once they receive my $700 hard earned dollars that iPhone becomes my property, it should have no fucking business addressing anything within the firmware or demanding nothing be changed... theres a reason why the jailbreak community is still alive & thriving might i add, theres a reason for hackers to do their job. i applaud the russian hacker
  • Abel Goddard
    Options
    No, dude. This guy is hacking the process for legitimate apps to get paid. I jailbreak and agree that Apple shouldn't be able to stop me from tweaking the OS, but outright stealing from app developers is wrong.
  • Dude, maybe u dont know what the word "stealing" means?
    You can steal a bike or a goat. But not some pixels or bytes. So stop bitching
    It is up to devs to make good games, which may cost any price they want.
    Its only greed makes them develop games with shitty freemium model or so called "in-app purchases"
  • Titanss
    Titanss Posts: 31
    Options
    Why do we have to Pay for Apps that are Free in the Android Market?

Example: All the Angry Birds apps are Free on Android, I have them all on my Asus 500, FREE with No Root or Hack.
  • dankvwguy
    dankvwguy Posts: 16
    edited July 2012
    Options
    i bet you the money lost wouldnt even go to the developers. they probably just get paid a small percentage. apple could give two shits about the developer, all they are always worried about is their money, regardless of how small of an amount it is.
  • Abel Goddard
    Options

Dude, maybe u dont know what the word "stealing" means?
    You can steal a bike or a goat. But not some pixels or bytes. So stop bitching
    It is up to devs to make good games, which may cost any price they want.
    Its only greed makes them develop games with shitty freemium model or so called "in-app purchases"

Yes, you CAN steal pixels and bytes. You are wrong. Just like you can steal music, obtaining access to other people's work without permission is stealing, no two ways about it. It doesn't have to be physical to be stolen.
  • fishnetd
    fishnetd Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd pay the .99 cents for angry birds because it stopped the drop down advertisement on my android phone. I have both android and iPhone. At the end of the day, nothing still out does the iPhone. Only if it had a bigger screen. Only bad thing. So to keep it as good as it is, the developers need to be protected from hackers that steal their earnings. I love the jailbreak etc. that's not taking money out of the developers. Even the hackers want donations to keep working. Just don't steal.