Jailbroken 3GS to use abroad, signal strength is really poor!

euanmarshall
euanmarshall Posts: 1
edited July 2012 in iPhone Forum
Hello all, this is my first post here. I have searched this forum for similar problems but couldn't find anything that really applies to my particular issue.

Situation is this:

I own a UK iPhone 3GS (was locked to Orange at time of purchase), and I have since moved to São Paulo, Brazil. My Orange sim card worked fine here, but the overseas charges meant that I had to go about getting a Brazilian SIM.

I then Jailbroke my iphone and successfully unlocked it, able to use my new Brazilian SIM, however my network reception is so weak, at home I can't get any coverage whatsoever.

I don't think it is just the reception in our area, as my wife has a 3GS bought in Brazil and is on the same network as myself, I can put our 3GS's side by side on the kitchen table, hers will have full reception, mine will display No Service.

However, when I am in the centre of São Paulo, my reception is reasonable and can use my phone with minimal problems.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what this may be. My phone is running an untethered jb on iOS 5.1.1 with the iPad baseband (06.15.00). If I need to provide any other info please let me know.

Also, none of my location services are working, even with stable Wi-Fi connection. Although I believe this is a known problem. Any way to fix it?

Thanks!

Answers