Apple’s Former Retail Chief On Why Physical Retail Stores Still Work In The Digital Era

Options
System
System Posts: 446
edited July 2012 in iPhoneHacks.com

imageApple’s Former Retail Chief On Why Physical Retail Stores Still Work In The Digital Era

Apple's retail stores are a huge contributor to the company's revenues and profits, with its design and simplicity serving as an example to the retail indu...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Apple retails stores have been helpful for recovering serial numbers when products get lost/stolen or when proof of purchase is necessary and we registered products on apple.com (receipt or invoice might be back at home or in a different country for we travel a lot)
    for purchasing apple products i still prefer on-line stores & get delivery to my door & as an alternative ebay or second hand (used) items stores eventually are good to me. in UK for instance & NYC , all sale attendants are trained pretty much in the same way, You can enter a cell operator store to purchase a phone or a hi-tech store for a laptop & u get the same old story about contract terms, debit cards, proof of address, id & so on. there's definitely a social commitment in keeping apple stores open, we mean: giving some catholic-christians the opportunity to wear a clean/fresh T-shirt everyday & stay in the cage amongst others catholic-christians for them to avoid raiding US. i would never release my address to any of these sales team members for the risk of being tracked & harassed or annoyed or abused. i also would never apply for jobs in the retail industry for pretty much same reason & i have never done that (applied) in the past when i was much younger for, i didn't want to stay around sales/retail store attendants. They often come across like liars & money grabbers. take care, m arch Tom's on barnes
  • ERR CORR

Apple retail stores attendants have been helpful for recovering serial numbers when products get lost/stolen or when proof of purchase is necessary and we registered products on apple.com .(receipt or invoice might be back at home or in a different country for we travel a lot)
    purchases of apple products are much more reliable , hassle free & secure when made through on-line stores (over the internet) getting deliveries to my door with a courier & as an alternative ebay.com or second hand (used) apple items stores are good to me. (including authorized resellers where we can often find display items at almost 50% off the retail price,)
    in UK for instance & NYC all sale attendants are trained pretty much in the same way, You can either enter a cell operator store to purchase a phone or a hi-tech store for a laptop including Apple retail store in london & u get the same old story all the time about contract terms, debit cards, proof of address, id & so on. (dumbs for dumbs).
    there's definitely a social commitment (charity, non for profit org) in investing and keeping apple stores open & by that we mean: giving some dumb catholic-christians the opportunity to wear a clean/fresh T-shirt everyday & stay in their cage amongst other catholic-christians to keep them far away from & avoid raiding US even on the street. i would never release my real address to any of these sale team members for the risk of being tracked & harassed or annoyed & abused in addition, i also would never apply for jobs in the retail industry for pretty much same reason. ( never done that (applied) in the past when i was much younger for i didn't want to stay around sales/retail store attendants) . They often come across like liars & money grabbers when they're not behind the cash counter to nick 2 GBP off your change. take care, m arch Tom's on barnes