New bootram
Modern firmware 06.15.00
iOS 4.2.1
SHSH blobs info:
iPhone2,1 XXXXXXXXXXXX full blobs:
4.1, 4.3.3, 4.3.5, 5.0.1, 5.1.1
iPhone2,1 XXXXXXXXXXXX partial blobs:

Hi Team,
I have jailbroken & unlocked my device earlier in 2010 and currently using without having any issues. After that i didn't upgraded my iOS. Right now i am planning to upgrade my iOS to 5.1.1 or 6(please suggest me which iOS has un-tethered jailbreak and unlock procedure) since may apps requires iOS 5 or higher. I searched many tutorials and finally wanted to verify my below queries. (provide links if any)

If I upgrade my iOS do i need to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone?

Since I have already had a jailbroken & unlocked device, is there any process to only upgrade iOS without jailbreak & unlock again?

How to upgrade my device iOS from 4.2.1 to 5.1.1 or 6 (as per your suggestion) without changing my modern firmware with new bootram?

If i upgraded my iOS to 5.1.1 or 6 do i need to activate my iPhone again with AT&T SIM?

If I found some issues once I upgraded to iOS 5.1.1 or 6, can i revert back to iOS 4.2.1(as I had partial blobs available for 4.2.1)?

Answers

• jery2109
    jery2109 Posts: 32
    if you want to upgrade what to do is take the latest version of redsn0w and then use sn0wbreeze to make a hactivate but before any of this make a back up of your iphone and make a list of your tweaks. make a ipsw with sn0wbreeze and in the general click on hactivate then sn0wbreeze will make a ipsw then you use redsn0w to restore and tell redsn0w to preserve your baseband