Firmware Update on a Jailbroken iPhone 3Gs 4.1 (06.15.00)

Options
My sis has a jailbroken iPhone 3Gs with 4.1 firmware and with ipad firmware (06.15.00) because the phone was unlocked as well as jailbroken with redsnow.

Many apps, including Facebook are not supporting the firmware 4.1 anymore, how can I update to a more recent firmware (doesn't have to be 6.1) and maintaining it unlocked and not bricking it in the process.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• matiias
    Options
    Hi guyzz,

I found a website where you can unlock your iPhone. Also you can check unlock status for Free too.
    Visit: http://www.imei.info/

Greetings
  • PaulNewt
    PaulNewt Posts: 1
    Options
    iPhone 3Gs can be updated to the 6.1.3 iOS version if I remember correctly. That iOS version is jailbreakable and also Ultrasn0w should be support it (You will find it in Cydia Store). This is the software method you can use.
    Now, if you want to make an Official IMEI Unlock (Which is permanent), you will have to find the network that blocks your iPhone and then find a company that supports that network (There are plenty on the internet if you make a good research).
    It is very important to find the Network of your iPhone, because all Unlocking Companies require 3 things before allow you to order the unlock:
    1) iPhone's IMEI Number (Easy to find)
    2) your iPhone model (easier to find:D)
    3) The network you want to unlock (Not the one you will use afterwards).

I can suggest you a company that will tell you the Network of your iPhone (IMEI-Index.com - iPhone IMEI Check only), but I cannot help you with a company that will unlock your iPhone (I suggest to search from eBay or spend 10-20 minutes on the internet to check reviews for Unlocking companies).
    Hope I helped!