SlingPlayer Mobile Coming to the iPhone Soon

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSlingPlayer Mobile Coming to the iPhone Soon

There was very little iPhone News at Apple's Keynote address at Macworld 2009 yesterday, however there is some interesting news on the iPhone apps front from the event. Sling Media has announced that their iPhone app - SlingPlayer Mobile which we have been craving for is almost ready for prime...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Mymondo
    Mymondo Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Awesome news! Just what the iPhone needs! Slung is going to be big in 2009

• zorro
    zorro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

My thoughts are, if this is a £20 app as I read somewhere else then sling can go to hell. I can understand RTMs app/sub model, but Sling have expensive hardware to sell, to encourage buyers of their hardware, this app should be free or very cheap.

I don't own sling hardware yet and at this rate I won't. If I did own sling hardware I would be /really/ pissed off...

• TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

I'm going to get myself a slingbox classic this weekend seen as the iphone app has now been confirmed. In the UK you can pick one up for £50 and it also has a built-in freeview tuner. Then I can watch the footy on sky sports when i'm out and about :-)

I currently use Orblive which is a fantastic application allowing me to stream TV, Video's and documents from my home PC. Only problem is that it means leaving my power hungry PC on 24/7.

I agree with Zorro on the pricing of this app. This should be a free app as i'm sure the company will get a big surge in hardware sales coming from all the iphone owners wanting this.

• Bob Easterday
    Bob Easterday Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I'm amazed when folks think that purchasing a piece of hardware gives them a "right" to free software for life. Hey. This is capitalism. Sling will charge for the client for no other reason than because it can. In the mean time, we can all vote with our wallets. If Sling finds that charging for the iPhone client hurts business, they will most assuredly change their policy.

I guess the bottom line is, business is not intended to be "fair". It is intended to make money. Ascribing human sensibilities to a corporation is a sure recipe for disappointment.