Dev Team Update their yellowsn0w App to Unlock iPhone 3G: Fixes Even More Problems

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Update their yellowsn0w App to Unlock iPhone 3G: Fixes Even More Problems

The iPhone dev team have released an updated version of their software solution to unlock iPhone 3G. They have fixed some of the problems which iPhone 3G users had reported with the latest version of their unlocking application yellowsn0w v0.9.6. You can upgrade to the latest version via Cydia. You...

Read the full story here

Comments

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

how do you upgrade if you already installed it beforehand?

• TY
    via Wordpress

correct me if i'm wrong, but i went into Cydia, and under the icon CHANGES there's an update for it. i just click on modify right? and that'll auto update?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

@TY,

You need to update it via Cydia and as you mentioned the update for yellowsn0w should be available hen you launch it.

Tap the changes tab.
    Then tap the "Install" button on the top right corner.
    and then tap "Confirm" button to upgrade to the latest version.

• TY
    via Wordpress

thanks man. finally did the yellowsn0w for tmobile and it worked (believe it was method 3). the crazy thing is i'm getting service in areas where i would never get. nice side bonus effect.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

@TY,

Good to hear it worked.

"the crazy thing is i'm getting service in areas where i would never get"

That's strange but I am sure you are not complaining :)

• I Love iPhone 3G
    I Love iPhone 3G Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

YAP!! yellowsn0w v0.9.6 works just great on My Vodafone UK SIM... With previous version, I sometime have to reboot couple of times for the unlocking to work (yet the signal stays until next reboot).

With this new version, my iPhone just pick up signal straight away after each reboot!!!!!!!

• mt
    mt Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Mine worked only after using Method 3, however the carrier signal was recognized before I got a chance to take out & put back the sim.

PROBLEM.. I have no data access. It says I am not connected to the Internet. I've even take it to the carrier (person on counter is a friend) who ensured that the network APN is correct.

The only way I have data access is if I am using WiFi.

Any ideas?

• Love my iPhone 3G
    via Wordpress

@MT

Have you try Reset Network Settings?

• Hakuna Matata
    Hakuna Matata Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Dev team,,,,a cold TUSKER is waiting this end from me to whoever can help my Iphone get a signal and work!
    I have a Swisscom Iphone with a Safaricom (Kenya) sim. Jailbraked fine, yellowsn0w'd fine too. re-booted, airplane modded too, but still nowt.
    Its ok,,,I'm a patient man,,,,,cold Tusker is awaiting!

You guys @ the DEV are amaising! Hakuna Matata!

• Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Thanks Dev Team. With the new version, it's flawless. Works perfectly. Thanks again for the hard work!!

• Rheeman
    Rheeman Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

China Mobile
    Works asap.
    Simple install and restart.
    Best app ever!!!!
    I wonder will be able to use 3G in the future also?

• furrycreeker
    furrycreeker Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just unlocked i-phone 3g to t-mobile, will not allow any calls, call forwarding active appears on screen when trying to call and ends call after 1sec.

In forwarding to, error on screen and will not allow/detect my changes, although showing call forwarding off!

Any help/ideas?

• Diego
    Diego Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Works perfecly for my carrier Movistar here in argentina. 3G, Edge, Wifi, all working exclent!. Thanks a lot to the dev team for this awseome work!.
    And like TY said, im also getting service in areas where i would never get.

• Jahnn
    Jahnn Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm really happy yell0w sn0w came out right before my trip to the Philippines and worked flawlessly. I got off the plane purchased a pre paid sim from GLOBE and it works just fine. Calls and text work just fine but no data. As far as I know I don't feel like paying for pre paid data and I get wifi when I need it.
    Even the techies at the cell phone places didnt know there was an unlock solution available and they can unlock most phones on the market.

One problem was that I had to use an older Macbook versus the latest gen macbook pro to jailbreak my phone.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

When i try to run cydia I get an unable to load (no internet connection) How can I run cydia with out a network connection?

• Zed
    Zed Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

3G white 16gb iPhone
    Digi simcard

thanks worked without any problem
    upgraded to 2.2... pwned....yell0wsn0w

wish its a permanent unlock.... hehehhe

• Dl
    Dl Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I just updated mine to 0.97 but it cause my dialer to hang but I can still receive calls.Is there a way to downgrade it back to 0.96?

• nimo
    nimo Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have iphone 3G unlocked via yellowsn0w. But yesterday my phone's battery finished because i hadn't charger. I restarted the iphone while I charging the iphone but there is no carrier appears. I rapleced my sim card, it appears invalid sim again and used another sim card it's still the same. I checked the version it looks version 2.2 and modem firmware 02.28.00 and using yellowsn0w version 0.9.5
    Please help me i don't know what to do?

• Adi
    Adi Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Cydia offered me the option to update to 0.9.7 and now I get invalid sim. Anyone know how to downgrade to 0.9.6

thanks

• baset
    baset Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

on Tuesday i went italy !!! my iphone didn't work there !!! after 1,2 hours it worked but when i came back to germany it appears invalid sim ... i tried 3 sim but it still invalid sim !!!! what should i do !!!! i really need it !!!

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

im running yellowsn0w v0.9.8 with no problems

• Pete
    Pete Posts: 92
    via Wordpress

any updates on yellowsn0w for the new baseband?

• Bizzyrich
    Bizzyrich Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Im running yellowsnow v0.98, after i have installed this one and unlock my iphone 3g i tried other sim and ot works, but now my concern is my APP Store. Ihave downloaded an application in APP STORE but it doesn't go through, it only appears on my screen LOADING.....can somebody help me...please and thank you.

• ohyeahilovegirlz
    ohyeahilovegirlz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have an issue iPhone 3G / Yellowsn0w

I JailBreak my iPhone, and it works well with a Pre-Paid SIM card.
    I recently sold it to my friend, and he wants to use a "contract" SIM in the phone.

When everything works well with the iPhone, 3G, Wifi, Recieve calls, Send and reciever SMS.

... But every time he tries to click on the phone buttom (to manualy make a call), the dial pad comes up for 2 seconds, and then it closes on him!

What can be the issue here?

Current stat's of the iPhone
    Software version: 2.2 (5G77)
    Modem Firmware: 2.28.00

• young
    young Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

um..... what about 3gs?