Hacked iPhone works with Bluetooth Keyboard

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHacked iPhone works with Bluetooth Keyboard

If you are a long time iPhone user who is used to its virtual keyboard, you might find the need of a physical keyboard unnecessary. However, some folks insist that its one of deal breakers. We have already seen the iPhone hacked by wiring it up to a genuine physical...

Read the full story here

Comments

• zyzzyva
    zyzzyva Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

This is huge. BT keyboard support has always been my #2 wish for the iPhone, after copy and paste. If they can get this going, it eliminates most of the need to carry a laptop.

...And I've always maintained that that's the exact reason Apple has never had this in the first place: can't have a $200 iPhone take the placce of a $1200 MacBook!

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

no offense, but you're not going to not have a laptop because your iphone has a bluetooth keyboard that can connect to it... I don't think that's the reason...

• Arsenic
    Arsenic Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This is amazing!!! I've always wanted to have a bluetooth keyboard interface with the iphone!! If only they could make a bluetooth mouse work too, then we could play multipler games like Doom and Starcraft! Just imagine..you wouldn't need to carry a laptop anymore...if you had the cable you even interface this with a TV!!!

• Lurch666
    Lurch666 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I wonder if this means we can have more bluetooth connectivity like picture and video sending between iphones?

• Lurch666
    Lurch666 Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I wonder if this means we can have more bluetooth connectivity like picture and video sending between iphones?

• blather256
    blather256 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Lurch, if you read the website that Bluesnow is about, you'll see that they are working on bluetooth connectivity for file transfer and A2DP. Actually they are up to coding the GUI for it. It wont be long.

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

Iphonehacks I am not getting any props for providing the bluesn0w project website? =(

• pointdexter
    pointdexter Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

the whole point of a touchscreen is to also type on a touchscreen. it is what makes the iphone keyboard unique.get used to a touchscreen keyboard or..if you idiots want a physical keyboard get a freakin blackberry.

• TC Rhino
    TC Rhino Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It amazes me that people don't get the point of the external bluetooth keyboard on the iPhone. The touch keyboard is great for on the go, quick notes, etc, but is not optimal for longer documents, blog posts, email, etc. Neither is a Blackberry/G1/Windows Mobile physical keyboard.

The point is to have a way to enter lots of information comfortably. Years ago, I had a keyboard that plugged into the dock connector on my iPaq. It folded up into a nice hard-sided package about the size of a large deck of cards and slipped into a pocket. Best form factor for writing emails and long notes on a plane that I ever found, better than a laptop, more versatile than today's netbooks.

Instead of hating on people who see a need in the market and ask for it, why don't you folks who like only the touch screen just enjoy the fact that you have a great one on your iphone and move on?

• Tyson
    Tyson Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I love this external keyboard. It is so amazing that it virtually has the capacity to allow any man on this earth to get his **** blown from essentially any woman around!

Tyson

• patoloco
    patoloco Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Totally AWESOME, am not a BT keyboard user, but have since day one had the lack of real BT support as my top issue with the iphone, starting with must have expanded BT headset support to include voice dialing for safer in car/pocket use, BT calendar sync for those of us in companies that refuse to support the enterprise push and for a true ipod experience, A2DP stereo BT music support. Bluesn0w will rock this phone once again!!!! - Can't thank the bluesn0w team enough for finally giving me hope for a real BT enabled phone :)

• pdxlager
    pdxlager Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Well, since the bottom portion of the touch screen on my iPhone is BROKEN and completely useless, the native keyboard doesn't work (unless in landscape mode.) Having an external keyboard option would render my almost useless iPhone somewhat more usable. It would at least be inconvenient and frustrating, vs. what it is now.

• Tom
    Tom Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

the onscreen keyboard is okay but not great at all. have used blackberry for some years and the latest models are nice but nothing like the iphone. the only thing that i do think is a plus for a blackberry (except for the push technology then) is the keyboard. not having keys to "calibrate" your hands just makes the iphone keyboard a lot slower to use...

a slide open keyboard would be a nice feature for the next version of the iphone i guess but only if it doesn't make the iphone as bricky as most of the qtek/htc/windows mobile devices around...

• Stephen Brown
    Stephen Brown Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • Phil
    Phil Posts: 87
    via Wordpress

Is it safe to download apps from the apple store on a unlock phone

• Kevin
    Kevin Posts: 154
    via Wordpress

@Phil

Yes, it's perfectly fine to download apple certified applications to your iPhone. I have a jailbroken iPhone 2G and I do it all the time.

• tun
    tun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

zyzzyva is correct, apple doesn't allow the bluetooth keyboard intentionally to prevent people from using the iphone instead of a laptop.
    The onscreen keyboard is ok for English, but if you type simultaneously in more than one language it is a major pain, reducing the iphone to text messaging and short note taking.
    I was an early adopter of the iphone 2G ... I looked at the specs... it said bluetooth... I wanted to use it with a keyboard from the start (I was thinking of the bluetooth laser projection keyboard - it would be great for working on the plane)... it was a major disappointment that it didn't allow this...if the mod is easy I just might upgrade to 3GS... to tell the truth, I also miss not having a real GPS on the 2G :)