unable to update to iOS 6.1.3

Error code 3014. I have updated before from Dallas.sil.org site before to 6.1.1 to 6.1.2. Only big thing that I know of that as happened is now I have now jail-broken, have Cydia APP

Comments

• BTW, I have checked all official areas suggested by Apple: it passed all iTunes diagnostic tests including network Connectivity, so where do I go now?

• 4. Temporarily disable or uninstall your security software
    If the current available version of your security software is incompatible with iTunes, you can disable the security
    software and test if it is the source of the issue. However, a temporary deinstallation might be required because
    parts of some security software remain active in the background though they appear to be deactivated. Only
    temporarily uninstall security software after making sure you can reinstall it and have noted any required licenses.
    To reduce any security risks that security software is designed to prevent, consider making sure all files needed to
    reinstall it are available and disconnect network connections before uninstalling security software. Should this not
    be possible, such as updating or restoring an iOS device, that required step should be the only process completed
    without security software. For assistance in checking your configuration, disabling, or uninstalling your security
    software, please contact the manufacturer.
    Once disabled or uninstalled, perform only the steps required to verify your issue has been resolved. Complete
    whatever update, restore, syncing, back up, activation, or other task you were troubleshooting. Once that task is
    complete, install and configure compatible security software to ensure your computer is protected.

and.......

To help solve both errors, remove gs.apple.com lines from your hosts file:
    Mac OS X:
    1. On your Mac, go to your “Applications” folder.
    2. Now navigate to the “Utilities” folder.
    3. Launch "Terminal".
    4. Type "sudo nano /etc/hosts" (without quotes) and hit return.
    5. Enter your password
    6. Use the down arrow key to find the “gs.apple.com” entries. Once the cursor is in front, make sure you comment out the
    line(s) by entering “#” in front of the text.
    7. Save the file by pressing CONTROL+O.
    8. Exit the nano editor by pressing CONTROL+X.
    9. If iTunes is open, close and re-open it so that it uses the changed hosts file.
    10. Restore your device.
    Windows:
    1. Close iTunes
    2. Start –> Programs –> Accessories
    3. Run Notepad or WordPad (as administrator on windows 7)
    4. Click “Open..” from File menu.
    5. Browse to Windows/System32/drivers/etc
    6. In "files of type:" select all documents
    7. Open "hosts"
    8. Either delete all line that has "gs.apple.com", or add a "#" sign at the beginning of the line to comment it out
    9. Hit Save
    10. Reboot computer for changes to take effect.
    11. Visit http://gs.apple.com/ to verify that the hosts file is pointing to Apple and not Cydia.
    12. Restore your device.

Worked for me.

Source= http://www.jailbreakqa.com/
  • lannister
    lannister Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    I never even updated to iOS 6.1.3.. I just bought my new ipad 4 yesterday and I want to get appcake but I have to have a jailbreak to install **** which there is no safari installer like with appcake soooo I need a jailbreak for iOS 6.1.3 and I have a iphone 4s and the first day ios 6 came out I only updated to ios 6 never again have I updated because it was the same when I had my 3gs i never did minnor updates only major ones like ios 5.0 when it came out.
    http://iphon5s.fr/