Important: Be Careful with Latest QuickTime Update if you have Re-enabled DFU Mode in Mac OS X 10.5.

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageImportant: Be Careful with Latest QuickTime Update if you have Re-enabled DFU Mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6

Though the simple steps to re-enable DFU Mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6 had helped few readers to re-enable the DFU mode in Mac OS X 10.5.6 which earlier prevented Mac from recognizing iPhone in DFU mode, making it impossible to jailbreak and unlock it using PwnageTool or QuickPwn, it...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Taylor
    Taylor Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

this happened to me also. i called apple and they eventually had me put in the install disc and do an archive and install on my system. good as new after that.

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

same here, and that was the moments when I was so happy to spend the money on a Time Machine, all I had to do was, Start from the Leopard Install DVD (comand C) and then restore from the latest back up before the DFU script rewright, and then it was goo as new with all the same as before, so take my advise, buy a Time Machine, u wont regretted, and if u have the money to bye an iPhone then u can afford a Time Machine, believe me, its a wonderful tool.

Peace

cristv77

• CristV77
    CristV77 Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

hehe, sorry about that "buy"

• Azhar
    Azhar Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

It happened to me as well on my mbp (not unibody). script to mod .kext files did not complete and upon restart I had no trackpad or keyboard and couldn't use external devices as well!! Due to this could not sign into my account to fix the problem. I simply took out the hdd and attached it to another mac n downloaded the 10.5.6 update and installed it on my hdd attached via usb. Just told installer the target drive was usb n when done reinstalled my hdd and everything was back to normal!

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

what if i ran the dfu fix scrpit but have not updated quicktime, how do undo that apple script ?

• Kwith8n
    Kwith8n Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

once I reboot do I need to uninstall the files and folders

• Robert
    Robert Posts: 146
    via Wordpress

I lost control of my keyboard and mouse on my MacBook as described. My solution was to connect via screen sharing from another Mac. All inputs were working normally with the remote connection. I was able to use my TM backups to restore the latest kernel extensions and resolve the problem. I then used an older 10.5.4 boot volume to complete jailbreaking my iPhone 3G.