which ios jailbreak be best to get for iphone 5

Options
hooter007
hooter007 Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Jailbreak Forum
i am on version 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 and the windows jailbreak version will be out soon (mac version out now)
now my delima is
should i stay on ios 6.1.4 and jailbreak or upgrade to 7.0.4 and jailbreak
can some 1 tell me what would be the best 1 and why ?
like pros and cons of doing either ?
as i know(not personally) a few who have stayed on ios 6... but none have told me why they waited so long for the 6.1.4 jailbreak
when they could have updated a while back and jailbroke on ios 7.0.4
any help or info would be much appreciated

Comments

• hooter007
    Options
    i am on version 6.1.4 on iPhone 5 and the windows jailbreak version will be out soon (mac version out now)
    now my delima is
    should i stay on ios 6.1.4 and jailbreak or upgrade to 7.0.4 and jailbreak
    can some 1 tell me what would be the best 1 and why ?
    like pros and cons of doing either ?
    as i know(not personally) a few who have stayed on ios 6... but none have told me why they waited so long for the 6.1.4 jailbreak
    when they could have updated a while back and jailbroke on ios 7.0.4
    any help or info would be much appreciated
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    Options
    You should ideally upgrade to iOS 7, unless you have a good reason to stay at iOS 6, since it is possible to jailbreak iOS 7.0.4 currently.

If iOS 7.1 comes out then you may lose the opportunity to jailbreak and will be stuck with iOS 6 if you care about jailbreaking.
  • hooter007
    Options
    its just i have heard a few complaning that when they jailbroke on ios 7.0.4 their fone was going a lot slower

also the jailbreak 6.0.4 is already out and can be done with a mac and windows version should be out before 7.1 is updated
    and afik the 7.0.4 jailbreak will work on 7.1 as it has been tested on the beta

tks for your comment though
  • icon305
    Options
    i have tried downloading the file for mac to jail break my iphone 5 but everytime i finish downlaoding i open the file and get this error messege

"evassion 7 cannot opened because of a problem.
    Check with the developer to make sure evasion 7 works with this version of Mac OS X. you may need to reinstall the application. Besure to imstall any available updates for the application and Mac OS X."

i am running Mac OS X version 10.6.8 and downloaded evavsion 7.1.0.3

can you please help me. thank you