PwnageTool 2.2.5 and QuickPwn 2.2.5 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Mac

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imagePwnageTool 2.2.5 and QuickPwn 2.2.5 for iPhone Firmware 2.2.1 Released for Mac

The iPhone Dev team has released updated versions of their PwnageTool and QuickPwn Tools to jailbreak and unlock the 1st Gen iPhone and jailbreak iPhone 3G running iPhone firmware 2.2.1 that was released by Apple on Tuesday. The updated PwnageTool will allow iPhone 3G users to create custom firmware (.ipsw)...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dr Puttingham
    Dr Puttingham Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Windows QuickPWN released minutes ago, for those of us that care :)

THANK YOU Dev-Team!

• Derek
    Derek Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Where have Windows QuickPWN 2.2.5 download? Dr Puttingham.

• JD
    JD Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

Will uploading a .ipsw from iPhone with 2.2 to another phone already updated to 2.2.1 revert the baseband? I am new to iphone hacking, so forgive me if the question is silly or ignorant.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

Quickpawn 2.2.5-2 is avaliable at Dev-Team page.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Hey JD,

If you have upgraded to firmware 2.2.1 then restoring your iPhone with firmware 2.2 will only downgrade the firmware but not the baseband.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Thanks Dr Puttingham and Chris,

We have updated this post and also published a post regarding QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 for Windows users:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/2009/01/quickpwn-2252-for-iphone-firmware-221-released-for-windows-users.html with relevant information which iPhone 3G users should very carefully read before using QuickPwn 2.2.5-2.

Thanks again for the tip!

• bayz
    bayz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

This update broke my iPhone! It updates fine, but afterwords my phone gets no cell phone signal from at&t. Now I can only get a signal if I'm using the newest (un-jailbroken) firmware. I downgraded back to 2.2 both jailbroken and stock, but they no longer had a signal either.

• Julien
    Julien Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hey,

I got my hand on a G1 Iphone(at&t) already unlock but its version 1.1.1. How should I proceed in order to upgrade it to the recent version?

Do I just Update? which will I think relock it .
    Then use the devteam software??

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Julien,

You can update your 1st gen iPhone with firmware 2.2.1 with iTunes.

If it has already been unlocked using Dev team lower-level ("hard") unlock then chances are it will not get locked.

But if it gets locked then you can always use QuickPwn 2.2.5 to jailbreak and unlock it.

As the Dev team has mentioned above if you have the 1st gen iPhone then you don’t need to worry about anything.

Its the iPhone 3G users who have to avoid updating to firmware 2.2.1 with iTunes or using QuickPwn.

• Ahmad
    Ahmad Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

hi Guys

I have a iphoe 2G which was running fine unlocked on firmware 2.2 theni upgraded to firmware 2.2.1. What happened then was i could recive signal but i could not do anything else with the phone as in get into the phone and only make emergency calls. Even when connecting to iphone it says diffrent sim card detected and i cant do anything else, any ideas? will the nw quickpwn 2.2.5-2 fix this?

I had an old custom ispw 2.0 stored in my comp which i am using at themoment and it works fine but would like to go back to 2.2 or even 2.2.1?

help please

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

ok, i feel retarted, i managed to borrow a friends mac and jailbreak my phone, now i relize that all my contacts, pics and what not is gone (i was so hyped about jailbreaking it that i didnt think ahead of time) luckly i did back up my phone on my PC. So how would i go about getting all that info back on?

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

ok i figured it out, i just hooked it up to my PC right clicked my iphone under devices and selected restore from backup, everything is back, thank god!!!

• jose
    jose Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

Hello. I followed the steps provided but when supposedly in DFU mode iTunes pops up an error (1600) message and won't let me install the .ipsw file with the pwgned 2.2.1 firmware upgrade. I have fixed DFU mode as described, I am running OS 10.5.6 on a MacBook Pro. Any ideas how to fix this?

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

Jailbreaks, yes. Unlocks, no. My 1G iphone is now an itouch. Thanks guys.

• Sachin
    Sachin Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

i have already updated my iphone 3g to firmware 2.2.1 with iTunes and usd QuickPwn to jailbreak.but cant un lock. now please help me wht should i do now.

• Rob C
    Rob C Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I used my friends Mac to jailbreak the iphone 3G with the expert mode and everything, got yell0wsnow n it still says no service, my provider is restricted or sumthing??

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

And it's two weeks later so I think I can say, they officially don't give a rat's ass.

Good job, iPhone Dev team, I'm a little poorer for having known you.

• Rory
    Rory Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

ah pls help - Where do I get the custom .ipsw file from, or how do i create it?

PwanageTool is giving me the option to select one of these 3 files:
    iPhone1,2_2.1_5F136_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw
    iPhone1,2_2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

Thanx in advance! =)

• sebastiansfili@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

hello where is the download button I got it about the step by step but where is thw download button in this web page..thanks saby

• picco
    picco Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i have problem with unlocking iphone 1G
    it has 2.2.1 updated through Itune and i quickpwned the phone. it has been all successful until i faced with activation problem

i am using latest itune 8.0.2.20 tells me the sim card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported.

please let me know how to activate.

• Emmanuel
    Emmanuel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

I thought I read somewhere that you need to be using a USB hub between the iPhone and any Intel based Mac PC's..

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

did the trick guys,well done even an oldie like me (57) can do this,brilliant work

• DJ
    DJ Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

I'm running 2.2.1 on my 2G iPhone and I'm trying to jailbreak using QuickPwn on my Macbook (OS X 10.5.6). I am able to go through the QuickPwn, but it seems to be stuck on "QuickPwn is about to run on your iPhone." How long is this process? I've monitored it for about 15 min before force quiting QuickPwn. Any help please.

• ice
    ice Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

I have the same problem. Where you able to solve this? Thanks.

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

Help!!?? I recently updated my iPhone 2G to firmware 2.2.1, well it was an accident! I have tried running Quickpwn as i need to unlock it from o2 service provider and use my orange sim card. The jailbreak seems to work fine but it wont let me use my orange sim card. Please can anyone help me!?

thanks Alex

• Martinmartin
    Martinmartin Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi.
    I was getting this same error message yesterday and could not restore my iphone. However i discovered that it is caused by some USB glitch in osx 10.5.6.
    If you connect your iPhone through a powered USB hub instead of directly into the macbook, it will work as a charm.

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

I upgraded a 3G iphone from version 2.2 to version 2.2.1 through itune then jailbreaik it but when i install any programme the icon will appear but the programme won,t run/start.
    what should i do?

• ohyeahilovegirlz
    ohyeahilovegirlz Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I have an issue iPhone 3G / Yellowsn0w

I JailBreak my iPhone, and it works well with a Pre-Paid SIM card.
    I recently sold it to my friend, and he wants to use a "contract" SIM in the phone.

When everything works well with the iPhone, 3G, Wifi, Recieve calls, Send and reciever SMS.

... But every time he tries to click on the phone buttom (to manualy make a call), the dial pad comes up for 2 seconds, and then it closes on him!

What can be the issue here?

Current stat's of the iPhone
    Software version: 2.2 (5G77)
    Modem Firmware: 2.28.00

Has a few app's installed.

Poof-Cydelet-Cycorder-Qik-iPref-
    and some other apps, to numerous to mention.

• Mandeep
    Mandeep Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

i have a iphone 3g with latest firmware..which got updated when i connected to itunes. only the emergency call screen is coming. i need to unlock it.. please help?