How to unlock iPhone 4 without iOS 7 (now 5.1.1)

I have an iPhone 4 GSM iOS 5.1.1 jailbroken but cannot unlock it.
I tried to upgrade to iOS 6.1.2 but i keep getting errors. I used tinyumbrella and i keep getting 4014 (tried it with 3 different cables, with 3 Win 7 machines, 1 Win 8 machine, and 1 OSX 10.8.5 machine).
I tried to unjailbreak it by restoring in DFU with a iOS 5.1.1 IPSW untouched, but I keep getting the same bloody error.

I'm starting to think that at this time of the century, while having iOS 7, I can't anymore update to a not-so-up-to-date-iOS... but i'm not an expert and i'm starting to lose patience, i've been on this for over 10hours with lots of freaking research.

So here's what I want : I want this device UNLOCKED preferably with iOS 6.1.2... DEFINITELY NOT with iOS7, please help.

Thank you !

Comments

• alan77
    alan77 Posts: 63
    You can't upgrade to iOS 6.1.2 as Apple has stopped signing the firmware files.

You can try jailbreaking your device on iOS 5.1.1 using this guide:
    http://www.iphonehacks.com/jailbreak#ios511

And then install Ultrasn0w to see if it unlocks your device.

Alternatively, you can use an IMEI based solution to unlock the device and then install iOS 7.0.4.
  • eDadou
    eDadou Posts: 3
    Thank you a lot for the answer ! That's exactly what I did: I unlocked it at 5.1.1 and used Ultrasn0w but didn't work. My only options are Factory Unlock which will cost me 50$ with Rogers, or upgrade to iOS 7. But I don't want to do that as it would become to slow.

Hey, when you say "IMEI based solution" you mean Factory Unlock right ?

Can you please provide me with details as how this works ?
  • Factory unlock cost a lot .it depends on carrier you are locked to .. IMEI based solution == factory .. you can google it to get cheaper price but make sure they are not spam sites as many of them selling actually are ..