Icons disapearing (iPhone 5, JB IOS 7)

I have recently jailbroken my iPhone 5 on IOS 7.0.4, and last night something happened; I installed an app through Cydia that wasn't compatible, and in trying to remove it I've managed to majorly bugger my phone.

The list of apps that have disappeared contains all pre-installed apps (Phone, Messages, Safari, Calendar, SETTINGS(!!), Calculator, Clock), all of my Cydia apps, including Cydia, and the Control Center only shows the flashlight on the bottom bar.

The only apps that are visible now are apps that I've downloaded from the app store, along with any desktop shortcuts that I've made (although they don't work, as there is no safari.

I've tried to restore the phone in iTunes (Normal, DFU and Connect to iTunes modes), but I keep getting error 3004, and I've tried to re-Jailbreak the phone, but Evasi0n won't connect.

I don't have admin rights on my laptop (as I'm at work), and I'm currently working away from home (I have very limited internet access at night).

If anyone has any ideas as to how I can restore my phone please let me know, this is KILLING ME.

Many thanks,

Cap'n Jax

Comments

• I just tried to comment on this, but it didn't go through?

When I receive phone calls I only have the option to hang up (no speaker/contacts etc).image

This is what my homescreen now looks like:image

This is really frustrating, as I'm working away from home, and I'm not able to call my Girlfriend (and to a lesser extent my family).

Cap'n Jax
  • Just thought I'd also mention that Barrel (JB tweak) still operates (it makes the icons behave differently when changing screens), and SBSettings still opens when swiping the status bar, although you can't go into it's settings or use any of the power options (e.g to start in safe mode).

This (and reading on the interwebs) leads me to believe that this is a MobileSubstrate problem. I have no idea what I can do about it, or if anyone has ever come across this before. The only items I've found on the internet have been people who still have settings and can restore, or people who have been able to restore through iTunes.

Cap'n Jax
  • kolt
    kolt Posts: 2
    I recently jailbroke my iphone 5 with 7.0.4 and have a similar issue. But the only icon that is missing for me is Springtomize. I havent been able to figure out how to even get back into it to fix the problem.
  • If you use SBSettings there is an option to hide applications, which may have been set.
    Have you tried searching for springtomize (swipe down (from the middle of the screen) on the home screen to search.

Cap'n Jax
  • kolt
    kolt Posts: 2
    I dont use SBSettings. But thankfully there was an update to Springtomize and after allowing Cyida to update it, the icon came back and has been working fine. I made another backup of my phone post-iOS7 jailbrake and hopefully if it happens again I can wipe it back to that point. Really odd that the icon when i tapped it, went black and vanished.
  • capnjax said:

Just thought I'd also mention that Barrel (JB tweak) still operates (it makes the icons behave differently when changing screens), and SBSettings still opens when swiping the status bar, although you can't go into it's settings or use any of the power options (e.g to start in safe mode).

This (and reading on the interwebs) leads me to believe that this is a MobileSubstrate problem. I have no idea what I can do about it, or if anyone has ever come across this before. The only items I've found on the internet have been people who still have settings and can restore, or people who have been able to restore through iTunes.

Cap'n Jax

I have a suggestion. If you still can use the AppStore or Facebook, perhaps you can find the application known as Onavo. It's a app for iOS that contains a Virtual Private Network (VPN). You can install it on iOS as said above, or probably find a compatible network VPN to install on your work computer to unblock evasi0n.exe or Mac OS. Or, in other words, you could also go to your local library and ask for access to a computer and go to evasi0n.com to install and run a jailbreak without being blocked. But again, it may end up blocked just like in your work. Either way its good to try and help.