Running iOS 6 on iPhone 5S???

greatjay
greatjay Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in iPhone Forum
Hello,
I have been trying to make this thought into a reality the past couple days, and figured this would be the best place to ask this question...

I just got an iPhone 5S, which of course comes with iOS 7. I've been determined to see if I can't get iOS 6 on it and see how it runs. Naturally though, it isn't that easy.

Since the 5S came with 7, they never had anything less on them, so even though I've downloaded the 6.1.4 firmware to my laptop, iTunes won't restore it into my device as I believe it said it wasn't compatible.

But! I haven't lost hope. I believe there has to be a way, whether through a different program, or through a little trickery, to get iOS 6 on an iPhone 5S. I mean we aren't reinventing the wheel here, just trying to trick a 5S into accepting iOS 6. From what I've seen, these things will do pretty much anything you tell them to do, if you can tell them correctly, and I think that's what I'm stuck on... Telling iOS 6 to actually install to my 5S.

Why would I go this far to try to get iOS 6 on my 5S you may ask? For one, I like iOS 6. But also, this is just the kind of stuff I find interesting to see if I can make work. How it would run with iOS 6? I don't know, but I'm curious to find out!

Does anyone have any ideas how I could make this happen? My 5S is a Verizon phone, is not jailbroken, and I do have an old 4S running iOS 6 if that helps.

Any suggestions, help, or tips would be appreciated! I'd love to see this work just for the heck of it!

Thanks,
Jay

Comments