Sygic Demos Turn-by-Turn GPS iPhone App with Voice Navigation

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageSygic Demos Turn-by-Turn GPS iPhone App with Voice Navigation

A turn-by-turn voice navigation app is one of the most wanted app for iPhone 3G. xWaves had recently announced that they will be releasing an updated version of their xGPS for the jailbroken iPhone which will bring turn-by-turn voice navigation for the first time to the iPhone. At the Mobile...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

ok not a big fan of the voice would prefer probably a female voice he sounded a bit rough like barking orders. Depending how often the maps are updated and how much space it would require to have maps of the u.s. on it, also needed are perks like ability to show restaurants and gas stations and stuff like that, also a true alternate route option not like the tom tom(where it wants u to go one way and will attempt to reroute you back to go that one way) I would be willing to pay 20-30 bucks for it but would prefer to test a lite version of it before making that final decision since you cant get a refund from the App store at the moment.

• InSovietRussiaPhoneEyesYou
    via Wordpress

I like the look of it (that 3D display is sweeeeet), but I have 2 reasons for having serious doubts we'll ever see it. 1: Apple has made it abundantly clear that they will not allow apps of this type in the apps store (presumably because it prevents them from doing it later on and moves the potential profits to another company). 2: Sygic have said that they will not release this app to jailbreak phones if Apple rejects it, which to me is quite possibly the stupidest thing they could do. If Apple says no that basically means that they won't make ANY money back at all, having spent all those dollars and man-hours for nothing. At least if they release to the jailbreak community they'll have the opportunity to make some money back.
    But in any case I think the new xGPS will fill the need for turn-by-turn navigation for the foreseeable future.

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

i agree with you I have xgps so I am just waiting for the update that gives voice turn by turn directions

• fujitivo1do
    fujitivo1do Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

can I connnect my ps3 using the pdanet app in my iphone ?

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

how do i download this this on my iphone 3g?

• iPhone
    iPhone Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

where can i find this app???