iPhone App Update: Lockdown v5.3 Fixes Couple of Issues

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone App Update: Lockdown v5.3 Fixes Couple of Issues

One of my favorite jailbreak iPhone apps is Lockdown which gives users the ability to password protect their iPhone apps. iPhone developer, ipodtouchmaster05 has recently released an updated version of Lockdown (v5.3) which resolves couple of issues that makes the iPhone app even better now. While reviewing Lockdown I had...

Read the full story here

Comments

• iPhoneNinja
    iPhoneNinja Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I would like to report another security flaw. Any app you dock with "SBsettings" may launch without lockdown prompting for a password! SBsettings itself cannot be locked even though the option is there. Hopefully they can resolve this issue on the next update!

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

i upgraded this app from v4.0 to v5.3 and i have to say im really happy to see the upgrades. No launch button makes it quicker to access the app. And one thing i didnt like about v4.0 is that if you locked the Text App, you still couldve send text if you go thru contacts, picked the contact and selected text message. Now it prompts you for the password. Thanks for the fix! Highly recommended!

• Fingers
    Fingers Posts: 71
    via Wordpress

You can still access photos, even with the app locked! I specifically wanted my photos private. If you edit a contact, to add a picture, it shows all! I also only managed to launch the app once, now there is no icon and i can't figure out how to load it again.

• kDub
    kDub Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

I think it is great that the 'quick gold security flaw' has been fix, but for those that wish to restrict their phone/contacts(to prevent dialing), there is still the issue with quick gold showing contacts when you search for the specific names.

I'm not sure if there is anything that lockdown's developer can do about that one..but just wanted to address that issue as well.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I you put an app in categories the lock disappears...

• brick
    brick Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

@Fingers: If you want to keep your photos private, you can use SwapCameraRoll and then Lockdown to keep people from using SwapCameraRoll. You just have to remember to swap your Camera Rolls when you want to load a picture you want to hide.

I can only imagine what you want to hide.

• com
    com Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

First of all i am very glad i found lockdown. It would be *perfect* if it hat some "cache"-mechanism, meaning that if you launched an app and entered the correct passcode, this will stay valid for a configurable time (a few minutes), so i can launch another (locked) app without entering the passcode again.

Critics could call this a security flaw, but i would be willing to pay that price for the convenience.

BTW: there ist "roll swap", which allows 4 camera rolls :-)

thanks
    m.

• Lorraine
    Lorraine Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Once in categories the lock doesn't stand?

• Crazyshark
    Crazyshark Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

when you lock photos then you can't go to camera it returns to photos

• Pakistan
    Pakistan Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

@ iphoneninja: well that is also fixed in this new update and i tell you this is impressive update!

• ramzi
    ramzi Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

If you enter the phone book and then tap on a name and then tap of "text message".. now if you have lockdown enabled on you sms app it will prompt for a password but if you wait long enough (around 5 seconds) the sms app will open in the background and you can scroll through it behind the lockdown key pad

• hua
    hua Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

it is an great app ,i like it very much.
    now my fm is 3.0,where can i get it?

• hua
    hua Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i get it from icy,but if i use it,the iphone is safe mode.
    how can i do?
    thx

• Larry
    Larry Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Great app, but it doesn't like OS 3.0...looking forward to the next update!

• Blaggard
    Blaggard Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

In 3.0 if you simply use the phone search option you can reveal locked app content such as mail etcc

• Alberto
    Alberto Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

It is a great app, but need some updates. When I get on the ''search page''(Iphone 3.0), I can search my emails, contacts(so I can see all the text messages), by pressing: Send message. This need to be fixed, because if someone discover, he can check everything! photos, emails, messages, contacts, adjusts. They also can get on Cydia and remove Lockdown!NEED TO DO SOMETHING!

• PONG
    PONG Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • serdar
    serdar Posts: 1
    via Wordpress