New Apple iPhone Concepts: Which one is your Dream iPhone?

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageNew Apple iPhone Concepts: Which one is your Dream iPhone?

We have already heard rumors and proof that Apple was preparing to launch the new iPhone. So far we have heard that it might be coming in June and folks at Etisalat probably confirmed it, probably with quad-core processors and loaded with iPhone Firmware 3.0, Whenever there are rumors of...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Alessandro
    Alessandro Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

the third!!!
    the first is a kind of oxymoron, in my opinion... You can't put together the words "iPhone" and "physical keyboard"!

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

I would break an "iphone air" in a day

• Betty
    Betty Posts: 2
    via Wordpress
  • Daniel Camarillo
    Daniel Camarillo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

MMS, Sending pictures throught txt is what i want. Video chat is kind of a neat feature as well.

• CARRAZER001@GMAIL.COM
    via Wordpress

I LIKE THE IPHONE PRO... KEYBOARD LOOKS GREAT AND SLEEK!!! TWO CAMERAS IS ALSO COOL!!!
    FER CANO

• Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Macbook inspired is my choice.

• zyzzyva
    zyzzyva Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I like the first, but c'mon, a physical keyboard on an iPhone ain't gonna happen. Its lack of one is practically a trademark, and Apple has put WAY too much effort into making and promoting the touchpad. Besides, the touchpad works damn well. If Apple really wants to improve upon that, they should release a full-sized Bluetooth keyboard.

What I really want, aside from that, are exactly the improvements you describe. More RAM is key.

What I don't get is why MMS is a big deal. I've used MMS exactly once. I've never known anyone who used it more than once or twice to try it out. Email works far better and everyone uses it. Maybe my friends and I are in the minority, but it seems like asking for MMS is like asking for a Laserdisc player with your entertainment center.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah that's true, you have a point. MMS is really not a deal breaker for me.

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

Why fix what isn't broken?

The look won't change drastically, if at all. A physical keyboard will never happen and the air seems too prone to breakage. Also, it would probably be hard and costly to make the bottom part so much thinner. Also, the 2nd one is just plain ugly.

No, the outlook of it all will probably remain the same, except for the possible addition of a front-end camera, but even then, the changes on the exterior will be minimal. The true dealbreaker will come from within, with new, upgraded hardware, cost-effective measures to reduce the price to make each one, and newly crafted features to meet a growing list of demands: paid themes, iChat, copy and paste, true web browsing, elongated battery life, possibility of renting or buying movies over the air, improved 3G network capabilities, the list is exhaustive to the point that I can go on and on.

Come on, people need bigger incentives for a, upgrade that just a pretty camera in the front and an uglier view.

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I don't care what new design it has as long as it makes it look different from the touch so people can actually tell the difference without having to look to close!

• Jonny H
    Jonny H Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

I want MMS because personally I HAVE had plenty of times where I wanted to send pictures or look at pictures my friend sent me.

Iphone pro is my choice, without the keyboard of course, but a sliding out controller would be an AWESOME concept. That would make my life so happy to play roms with an actual d-pad and buttons with tactile response. I stopped playing roms on my iphone because it was just too annoying.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Im upset. I just bought my iphone last month n there coming out with a better one. Im going to have to start saving again

• essmoe
    essmoe Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

the iphone pro. looks odd. as if iphone users don't already feel like a flash back to 1980's nerds carrying around an big 'ol calculator. The current 3G is def. a well modified design from the first gen. Thinner and slickier is surely the way to go for the new-age folks. altho. the third choice seems like i could also use it as a emergency tool to slide open locked doors like a credit card. I'd break or loose that in a week. I do like the second choice, tho. it doesn't seem far off for apple to jump back and forth on casing material choices. i.e. ipod, iphone, mac.... It does look more like an big 'ol calculator then any of the ones that are out now, tho.

Keep 'em coming, I know we all have lots of criticisms ready to dish out!

• essmoe
    essmoe Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

you know i forgot all about that. you brought up a very good point, on the actual upgrade on the features. integrating the "new" iphone experience w/ mac more closely would be a bigger step for apple, which seems very logical.

One thing i would like to add tho. is SMS/MMS forwarding. remember when we all had cell phones that were only cell phones, and that SMS/MMS acted almost like emails, where you could forward a message from someone? I think that would be a great add-on on top of the MMS everyone's been so hungry for.

• PennySeeds.com
    PennySeeds.com Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Honestly, I do not like the physical keyboard.I think it takes up too much room, and the touch one works awesome! The only reason I could see needing a physical keyboard would be if you wanted to do some massive typing project, and then I wouldn't want a little crappy phone keypad anyway. I'd need a full size keyboard of some type.

I like the second phone. Front camera would be cool, but I'd much rather them do a software update for the already here iPhones. Including native versions of copy paste, MMS, a2dp, ect. There's work arounds, but I'd really like for them to be actually included officially.

• djman10
    djman10 Posts: 94
    via Wordpress

There's only one thing that would make me run to the Apple store for a new iPhone: More storage. That is the biggest issue I have since I can't fit all my music in 16 GB. Icing on the cake would be system-wide Copy & Paste, MMS (for when friends send me pics), MMS forwarding, faster CPU, better camera, and few other tweaks through all the standard apps.

• Zed Sefi
    Zed Sefi Posts: 143
    via Wordpress

If the new iPhone will include a slide physical keyboard, I am defenetely NOT going to buy it!

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

takeaway the physical keyboard on iphone pro and add mms messaging and all the stuff djman10 says and u got a good next gen phone there.

BTW i use MMS messaging everyday so its definitely something I need, oh yea multiple attachment email would definitely be a plus.

• Andre
    Andre Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

Full Bluetooth profiles would be good and the ability to exchange contact info with other phone users, ability to customize without having to jailbreak the phone and to add more functionality with system extensions.

I don't use MMS but some people do like Marcus so it should really be an option.

• Daniel Camarillo
    Daniel Camarillo Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

^^ Im with you Marcus..

Yea, email is the same thing.. But not EVERYONE has a phone with email. I remember when sending a txt and just attaching a pic to it was quick and simple. Not only that.. More people have MMS on their phones then they do Email and the internet activated!

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

i would loveeeeee it if the new iphone had video chat via front facing camera. and mms is a big plus.

• Blaine
    Blaine Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Better camera and a flash. I have always thought they should make the apple sign on the back flash when you take a picture, seems so obvious...would be pretty cool too.

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

Out of all 3 concept, I would go with the first one, cuz it does look cool to have a sideway slide. As for the second one, we all know that apple mostly goes by non-user changeable battery so most likely that won't happen, unless Apple finally decides to change it up a bit. As for the third concept, I don't like it at all because of how it looks from thickness on top to thin on the bottom, it is just plain weird.

• Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

the 1st one wont happen bcuz apple will never do a physical keyboard after working so hard on the touch keyboard. the 2nd one will not happen either cuz its rlly ugly. the 3rd one MAY happen, i give it a 15% chance of happening. but anyways..relax ppl..if a product isnt good and matches all tastes apple wont produce it...(they have special ppl for that) so jst relax ur minds...i promise u guys, u will be impressed by da new iphone...

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Yes, Video chat would be nice but it does consume a lot of battery, if you did that your iphone wouldn't last throughout the day.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

MMS is a good way to get around with people sending pics to your friends, say that something exciting has happened at your location but your friend wasn't there. You can take the pic. and send it. Or if you go shopping but your friend couldn't you can take pictures of the clothings you like or the styles, and send it to your friends and your friends can see if it is your style.

I do this a lot with my girlfriend, especially when at shopping mall, and were not together, we take pictures of clothings and we determine if it's right for us.

MMS is a MUST on all phone (No exception).

Not sure here, but the place I live, if your SMS exceeds the limit it will then become a MMS, so you can basically send long SMS, but it will cost you 2X more, well the place i live the max for SMS is 90 char. any longer than that goes into MMS and you get charged more.

I'm not sure how that works here in the States. I did have Razr phone before i had the iphone 3G so I wouldn't know about the cost of MMS. would be weird if MMS and SMS is in the same message plan.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Well that's your problem because you should have not if not already, that Apple always comes out with the next gen. tech every year. So if you knew you were getting an iphone, and it's February, then wait 5-6 Months for it to come. iPods do generally come out around September or October. Not sure about the Macs, cuz I hate Mac laptops.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Well what your saying is if you take away the physical keyboard on the iphone pro, it is the exact same design as iphone 3G, the only difference would probably be the screen size and the camera up front.

• Kwopau
    via Wordpress

Yes, that would be nice, but likewise it is very power hungry and will probably last 3-4 hours at most if you video chat for that long.