How to bypass the recent facetime issues w/o upgrading?

Options
Considering that FaceTime is down for users running iOS6 or 7.0.3/earlier, what did you guys do if you got caught in the crossfire? Apple says upgrading is the only way to get out of it and I'm running 7.0.3, so I'm not sure how to proceed. I've never updated my jailbroken iPhone to a different jailbreak firmware so I hope to not have to go that route. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is dealing with this though. Help, please?

Comments

• Gautam
    Gautam Posts: 491
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There is currently no way to fix the issues for jailbroken devices, and I doubt there will be one as the FaceTime problems stem from a device certificate that expired on April 16, 2014.

One workaround to fix the issue is to change the date of your device to April 16th or before, but you could run into issues with other apps that depend on date for their functionality.

Alternatively, you could always use some other VoIP app like Skype, Viber etc.

As always, we will let you know on the website if someone figures out a solution to fix the issues without upgrading.