Tip to Take Better Photos with your iPhone's Camera; Also Checkout 100 Amazing iPhone Photos

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageTip to Take Better Photos with your iPhone's Camera; Also Checkout 100 Amazing iPhone Photos

We have been critical about iPhone's 2 megapixel camera and its basic camera app and have written about iPhone apps such as Cycorder which brought video recording, Snapture which brought professional features such as Digital zoom, delay timer etc and ClearCam which turns your iPhone's 2-megapixel camera into a 4-megapixel...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Broadband Phone
    Broadband Phone Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Thanks for the tips. I had a look at the full 100 photos (thanks for the link). They are some amazing photos considering they've been taken on a phone. Absolutely incredible.

• bryan
    bryan Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

I just wish apple would listen and make their camera just a little bit better. It can't be that hard.

• Greg
    Greg Posts: 106
    via Wordpress

Hate to be the one to say it, but good photos are almost always less about the lens and more about the photographer.

Jimi Hendrix can make a piece of crap guitar scream, yet I would still sound terrible on a $5000 guitar. I've seen some great photographers take amazing photos on cheap cameras while most amateurs with very expensive cameras still take terrible shots.

While I agree that some manual settings on the iphone camera could do alot for its photo capabilities, proper photo framing and lighting is 90% of every picture.

• freegadgets4you
    freegadgets4you Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

Apple will always make good products that have one or two thing lacking in them....why?
    so they can make another one

First iphone was released and everyone was complaining that it should have had 3G, months later there is a new iphone with 3G

The next one will have a good camera

the one after that will have mms (maybe) :-)

• ereynell
    ereynell Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

I love my 1G Iphone... Take videos and pictures all the time.
    I think the camera is fine for it´s use. As long as the light is good, the pictures are fine.
    As Greg said, does not matter how cool camera u got if you are a shiti fotograf...
    Have taken alot of pics, and are satisfied with the outcome

Best from Norway...

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

I am quite certain that the next generation iPhone would have a much better
    camera.

• Noogle
    Noogle Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

You speak of MMS like it would be a monumental achievement for Apple and the iPhone itself..

MMS will be something that will come with the iPhone in June, mark my word. When talking about Software vs. Hardware, obviously a better camera is more difficult to fit into it's incredibly slim housing than to create a program that phones assembled half a decade ago have without compromise. A better camera would be great but honestly I am okay with it.

• Noogle
    Noogle Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

"As Greg said, does not matter how cool camera u got if you are a shiti fotograf..."

..am I a shiti fotograf?

• Nick Sharratt
    Nick Sharratt Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I always carry a 14MP Canon G9 in my jacket pocket for those occations when a great photo opportunity presents itself, but I'm perfectly happy snapping shots with the iPhone camera for its convinience of uploading etc. As a result, I've redescovered the challenge of years ago using cheap disposable cameras with fixed focus/no flash/no zoom etc. Having to frame the shot by using the "over ride zoom" of my feet, and seeing the word as the iPhone camera does in spotting opportunities for a shot.

That said, I've not ended up with any shots I'm really happy with yet from it, but I know that's my limitation, not the camera on the iPhone.

Yes, a better inbuilt camera would be popular, but anyone serious about photography wouldn't rely on any camera phone - even the ones which are more camera than phone. So I think it's pleanty good enough as it is for what its intended for, and should be embraced as a challenge if you want to get more creative.

• wakuwaku
    wakuwaku Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I hope that the next generation iPhone hardware would have a much better camera :-)

• shdow
    shdow Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

What App do you use for video'in on your Iphone 1g....I have one did you jailbreak yours to 3.1 cause all the good stuff needs it
    I'm stuck at 3.0 til Beltr0n releases custom 3.1 ghost chili I have 8 gig iphone

Tell me how you have yours setup please
    Krumb.Kather@gmail.com

TIA

• shdow
    shdow Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Correction Krumb.Katcher@gmail

want to know app that you use(d) to video with your iphone 1g

TIA again