BeejiveIM: Awesome Instant Messaging iPhone App was Less Pricey for a Week [Updated]

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageBeejiveIM: Awesome Instant Messaging iPhone App was Less Pricey for a Week [Updated]

We thought, we should let you know that folks at Beejive have just dropped the price of their awesome Instant Messaging App, BeejiveIM for the iPhone. BeejiveIM, one of our favorite iPhone apps is now available on the App Store for $9.99, which is down from $15.99. Update: The sale...

Read the full story here

Comments

• caine09
    caine09 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Would backgrounder work with this app? Has anyone tried it?

• Cameron
    Cameron Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Yes, it does work. More or less.

Sometimes it can be glitchy and not work correctly, and sometimes it works perfectly.

• Mr. J
    Mr. J Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

AIM actually updated their app so now it runs in the background for up to 24 hrs and you get txt notifications when you exit the app. It's soooo much better now. And free txt messaging too! Dare I say even better than Beejive???

• Distortedloop
    Distortedloop Posts: 64
    via Wordpress

The problem with AIM is that it only supports AIM.

Beejive's appeal is that it is multi-client support (AIM, Google, Yahoo, etc, etc).

$9.99 is better than $15.99, but still a bit rich for me for a non-background app that only adds the convenience of having one client app instead of a couple.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

i saddled up and bought it
    its a good program and it works around the inability to run in the background just fine

• Broadband Phone
    Broadband Phone Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Sounds like quite a good deal and the app looks like it is great. Thanks for the info.

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

after buying this thing i have to say that i love this app
    i dont run into that many issues using it with backgrounder, just check the memtool once in a while and clean up the memory (its like 3 clicks to do it anyway)
    but even if you close it after each use, the way they have it setup with email or sms to notify you of new IMs is brilliant and better than anything else out there

10 bux well spent