Dev Team Jailbreak Beta version of iPhone Firmware 3.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Jailbreak Beta version of iPhone Firmware 3.0

Would you believe it? The iPhone Dev Team have done it again, they have already jailbroken the beta version of iPhone firmware 3.0 which Apple started distributing today after their special event to preview iPhone firmware 3.0. But the iPhone Dev team didn't need much time to hack Apple's next...

Read the full story here

Comments

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

Could one get their hands on this 3.0 beta .ipsw?
    I wouldn't mind trying it out for myself!

• geogo3r
    via Wordpress

Oh... Darn.
    Never mind. Found this on another site, "It is available only for those in possession of a developer account and a registered iPhone in the developer program. So no, you should not download this from ****, it will have your iPhone wiped and locked, inactivated unless you have a dev account."

Dang.

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

I was just thinking that and then i read your next post =(.

DUDE i have an idea! Lets go steal Steve Jobs iPhone! lawlz

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah and it's no point as you will not be able to jailbreak it unless Dev
    team release their latest hacking tools which they have only update for
    firmware versions that is released to users (and not for beta versions).

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Some more details for 1st gen iPhone users (or iPhone 2G users):

For the 2G iPhone, the baseband is the same as before, and in fact your 2G unlock will stay without your needing to do anything special.

• Egypt
    via Wordpress

Well its not so much in jailbreaking it now. Personally i just want to try out 3.0 because its got BLUETOOTH!!!!! lol and its features sound sick. You wonder if we can sign up as developers and get a copy?

• Leroy
    Leroy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Dev Team is awesome, but is it really a good idea to give Apple ammo against the jailbreakers and unlockers?

Why let them know ahead of time what you're planning on exploiting? It's just silly e-**** waving. Not that I don't find it entertaining :D

It just seems the Dev Team should focus on cracking the newest baseband so that we Windows users can get in on the latest yellowsn0w fun. I'm stuck with 2.2.0 until they get to it!

• Marcus
    Marcus Posts: 91
    via Wordpress

lol good job guys keep up the good work, apple gave us some of what we wanted but not all so we still need our cydia

• Zane
    Zane Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

For the iphone 2G users unlock to stay do we have to hit update in itunes? or does restore keep it aswell?

• andrevanharen@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

If I had the beta os 3.0, could I use it safely on my iphone or will it become unusable? I just want to see how it works and than restore it again to 2.1. Is this possible or will it be bricked completely?

• ale
    ale Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Are they going to release jailbreak for 3.0 beta? I've got it, but don't want to install if it's not jailbreakable

• chasseur
    chasseur Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Do NOT download from a **** site!!! My phone is currently bricked and I don't know what to do... can anyone help please?

• TRIXXY DIXXY
    TRIXXY DIXXY Posts: 25
    via Wordpress

Didn't the dev team say ages ago that the exploit that they found to jailbreak the iphone could only be patched by apple by making a hardware modification? In which case it should be no surprise to see any version of firmware jailbroken.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

That only applies to 1st gen iPhone not for iPhone 3G.

• babeebugz
    babeebugz Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Can anybody just tell me how can i upgrade my iphone to 3.0 on my iphone 3g without breaking my unlock and in English please

• jongon
    jongon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

my iphone 3g is running the 2.2.1 firmware and its jailbroken, and i want to upgrade to OS 3.0 when it comes out.

if i upgrade, do i loose my jailbreak? if so, anyway to upgrade without loosing everything?

• freegadgets4you
    freegadgets4you Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

You will need to create a custom firmware but you will need to wait for a new version of quickpwn.... at least i think this is the case anyway, anyone feel free to correct me and pile me with abuse :-)

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

You are right, if iPhone 3G users are looking to unlock their iPhone they would need to preserve the baseband by using PwnageTool (not QuickPwn) which is available only for Mac.

We would advice users to avoid upgrading to beta version of firmware 3.0 which is seeded to iPhone developers as geogo3r rightly pointed out:

"It is available only for those in possession of a developer account and a registered iPhone in the developer program. So no, you should not download this from ****, it will have your iPhone wiped and locked, inactivated unless you have a dev account."

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Yeah, you will end up losing your jailbreak. You will need to wait for the dev team to release their latest hacking tools to jaibreak firmware 3.0 and reinstall all the jailbreak apps.

There is currently no way to preserve the jailbreak.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

I don't think they have done anything different to jailbreak beta firmware 3.0, they have probably used the same loophole as they did for firmware 2.2.x.

I am sure they would have been more discreet if they had figured out something new to jailbreak firmware 3.0.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I have Windows and still I've managed to update to 2.2.1 and keep my baseband to 2.28... Just search on google for :
    2.2.1 With 2.28 Baseband Modified
    or
    2.2.1 Without Messing Up The Baseband For Unlock

• Bryce
    Bryce Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Why is the Dev Team focusing on this when it won't be availible till' summer? they need to worry about cracking the 2.30.03 baseband so I can use the software unlock, not these crappy sim card unlocks.

• moz
    moz Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

Seems you'll have to wait for June.

• Egypt
    via Wordpress

Brett I dont like to condone piracy even though i am so tempted to try this out. First of all, it will mess up your phone as George stated. So as much as i wont to, i would be an idiot if i did.

• geogo3r
    via Wordpress

We should. Or something that would be easier, try to figure out how to crack it before they release it :P

• geogo3r
    via Wordpress

Actually... Both of those would be pretty hard to do... I think i'd rather just wait for it and not go to jail for it haha

• Superthrust
    Superthrust Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Do i have to completely wipe my phones memory to install this or is there going to be an easy way to upgrade to the new jailbroken version? If so, how do i make a backup of EVERYTHING on my iphone now? so i dont lose it all...

can someoen email me the answer or something cause i dont come here much...

superthrust@gmail.com

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I half fixed the brick problem. Here is how you have to do it.

Put your phone in DFU mode by holding home and power togethere for 10 seconds then release power and keep holding home. When the USB picture comes up.

Open up Itunes and you will have an option to restore. Try to restore to firmware 2.2.1 it will go through this and fail at some point. Then you need to jailbreak the phone. This has gotten me back to being able to use my iphone, but right now I don't have any cell so the baseband may still be messed up. If anyone gets further let me knwo

• Warebear
    Warebear Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Like they stated earlier -- If you have jumped the gun and put the 3.0 firmware on you can only unlock this by creating a Dev account with Apple and it will sync with Itunes, connect to the Dev server, see that you are a "developer" and give you your phone back. But they will as for the 40-digit UID of your phone. You have to dig through some system items like the usb hub to find it since you have gotten the "lock" screen in Itunes. If you haven't gotten the lock screen just click on Serial # and it changes to the UID number needed.

Also, there is no way to revert back from 3.0 to 2.x -- there are too many modifications to the firmware items that it can't be done. I had a friend add me to his dev team, upgraded my phone. It's really neat, some items aren't supported through AT&T yet, but not worth losing your jailbreak...If you use a LOT of jailbroke apps...I would not recommend upgrading until the official release of some type of Jailbroke 3.0 version.

I had minimal jailbreak apps, and most of them I had were replaced by the new modifications from Apple. Copy, paste, and a few minor things.

I do miss my winterboard though... =/