iPhone Firmware 3.0: 100 New Features Including Copy & Paste, MMS, Spotlight, Stereo Bluetooth, Push

2»

Comments

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

Regarding the accelerometer, there is a SBSettings toggle called 'NoRotation' that should do what you have asked for.

• Kray-Z
    Kray-Z Posts: 85
    via Wordpress

nice, thanks. I guess its a good temp fix. I was looking more for something like holding the corner as you rotate or something that is more temporary than having to go to settings every time i want to change it. You know what i mean? But thanks again, good app.

• TimWetter
    TimWetter Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Prefix & Duplicate!!!

I use prefixes for my contavts folders, always have even before iphone.

Example for you: (persons with this)
    Wife becomes ~ AAA[insert name of significant other] thus propelling her/him to the no.1 slot
    I use AAA, AA, A to sort the most used contacts so they remain first on my list

Companies
    Using the same prefix idea, I use Z for companies, as i find it one of the least used letters and my contacts Z field is always unused so now ALL my companies are listed using ZZZ, ZZ, Z in order of importance
    You will find that if you double up the contacts so as to have 'David' as one contact & 'Davecom' as another, yet the phone no. is the same for both, your display will say 'David or Davecom calling' for incoming & 'David or Davecom' on outgoing calls.
    Takes a bit of time to retype, but helps if you use clippy etc

Hope this helps, it works for me

• TimWetter
    TimWetter Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

Me again :)
    Have a look at ABgrouper, available from Cydia on BigBoss repo
    Quote: "Create, manage and delete groups of contacts in your address book"
    Try and create a Companies group
    (i'm giving it a go, chuck a reply to this and i'll report back on findings)

• carl
    carl Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

I wonder if the battery life is going to suffer because of the new "push" notifications for the 3rd party apps. That's all I need.....or is there a way to conserve the battery by turning the notifications off?

• randy
    randy Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

Will ver 3 let us tether to the internet from a PC through an iPhone?

• Dayve
    Dayve Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

is there anyway to get a hold of any 3.0 apps that developers may have created already like the meebo which takes use of the push notification...

• Hari
    Hari Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

do they charge from us to update the apple 3.0 oparating version?

• subbu
    subbu Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

in 100 features do they provide push mail notification on desk top of the iphone screen.

• Yeah
    Yeah Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
  • sk8addiction247
    sk8addiction247 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is this only for iphone 3G or can I get all of the 3.0 firmware on my first edition iphone. I've been hearing that the new MMS texting wont work on an older iphone?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

iPhone OS 3.0 will be available for free for 1st generation iPhone as well.

What you heard is true, MMS feature will be available only in iPhone 3G.

• james adition
    james adition Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What a nice post. I enjoyed the article from the beginning to the end. I really want to thank you for your great deed. I hope to read more from you on this article.

3G Mobile Phones.