iPhone Firmware 3.0 Wish List

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageiPhone Firmware 3.0 Wish List

When we broke the news that Apple will be hosting a special event tomorrow (March 17) to preview iPhone firmware 3.0, we had asked our readers the question: What's on your wish list? to find out which features they were looking forward to in the next major firmware update. We...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Kilgore
    Kilgore Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Does full bluetooth functionality include being able to have voice activated calling via bluetooth.

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah, currently full means all the profiles, but we are contemplating adding
    the details, so feel free to give the details of the feature you are looking
    for.

• Nour
    Nour Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Can you please include in the wish

list that AT&T should give me my deposit back.
    

• Phaiz
    Phaiz Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

how about forwarding texts?

• Kwopau
    Kwopau Posts: 294
    via Wordpress

How about sending multiple SMS at once. (I'm not sure if this is categorized under MMS, but with the SMS now, you can only send 1 at a time). I would love to see Apple change this and have us able to send more than 1 recipients at a time with the same texts, this way I don't have to write the same text to different people.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Phiaz,

We have just added the details to the features which were consolidated, forwarding texts is now listed under "Better SMS app".

• geogo3r
    geogo3r Posts: 127
    via Wordpress

You can get realistic haptic feedback with an app from the xsellize repo. The app is called, "realistic haptic/vibration"

I'm not sure if you need to be a member of xsellize to get this app or not but it's free to register there. The way the app works is if you have lets say keyboard clicks enabled, then it will make the phone vibrate whenever you press a key. (I hate the keyboard clicks so i just silence my phone)
    It will also vibrate when you lock/unlock your phone and anything else in that list under sounds.

• Fank
    Fank Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

You can already do that buddy...

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey Kwopau,

As Fank mentioned, you can send an SMS to multiple recipients even now.

After adding a contact, tap on the to field again, it will show the add button, tap on it to add another contact.

Thanks Fank

• Kraven
    Kraven Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Where is Wifi Sync'ing ?

I would love to be able to remotely sync my iphone / itouch without having to actually go an connect it to my PC. Better still, over the web sync'ing with my library, now that would be amazing!

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

i am really liking number one. =)
    o and 13 is good so you can show people pictures vertical or horizantal xD

• Andy
    Andy Posts: 1,127
    via Wordpress

Having iTunes work a lot better would be good too...iTunes is very iPod based rather (which works fantastic for that part) than iPhone based...

You have PC apps for Nokia, Motorola, etc which are great phone apps! You can txt from them, edit your contacts on the phone, etc, etc which you can't do any from iTunes.

• Zincous
    Zincous Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

For the mail app. Emails from multiple accounts should all show up in one list, rather than backing out of one to get to another etc.

The stock apps should be free downloads in the app store. And we should be able to delete them off our device if we don't want them. That way if we ever do want them, we can go get them from the app store.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Added them to the list.

Thanks

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hey kraven,

Wi-Fi syncing with iTunes would be really cool. Added it to the list.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

I'm gonna drink until I hear what we're getting. Cheers!

• Vincent Lundgren
    Vincent Lundgren Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I can promise everyone here that apple will let us down once again. by the way mms, tethering , forwarding texts are something that should come with the phone, not something that is given later. apple is the new microsuck. and btw youre a complete idiot if you think iphone will ever get flash. apple is like starbucks--they still charge for wifi at their locations whereas everyother coffee shop in america has free wifi. apple only cares about corporations with crap like push email. when all the humans that buy the phone want mms, video recrding and flash. I own an iphone but the day the palm pre comes out im getting one. who's with me...

• Humai
    Humai Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Are you sure guys want all this things!!!
    Then you need to pay more money for the phone
    

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

you can only do that for NEW SMSs. You can't add multiple people to a threaded conversation. I have done this a ton of times, typed out a long SMS and though, "Oh, Blogs would like to know this," but you can't add blogs to the SMS, nor can you go back to it once it's sent off and forward it to him, or copy it to a new SMS. It's really quite lame.

• Nour
    Nour Posts: 12
    via Wordpress

Kevin rose confirm cut ant past on the iphone

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

I can't believe copy and paste were so far down the list! Anyway, one of my pet peeves with the iPhone is the alarm volume. That should be a fixed value and NOT set to the ringer volume. So my request would be to have the alarm volume set at the time you set it up (you can have the options, default volume, vibrate, and a slider for 50% - 100% etc)

Oh, and a TRUE GPS. go somewhere were you don't have mobile phone coverage (ie, overseas without data roaming) and try and use the GPS. You can't. Even if you have the map in the cache, unless the phone hits a tower or a wifi point, you WILL NOT get the GPS to work. My feature request here is UNLOCK the GPS from the A-GPS.

• bobeast
    bobeast Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I didn't see - The ability to accept invitations in Mail and have them added to your calendar.

• Bob Easterday
    Bob Easterday Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Connectivity with Bluetooth keyboards would be good.

• Davfster
    Davfster Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Great ideas!
    Just one else I'd love to see:
    + With the full bluetooth - bluetooth stereo headset with phone mic. (good-bye cord!)
    Also,
    + Any bets the 3.0 will have a blocker for emoji not being able to use outside of Japan?
    + I think with the 3G,and 3.0 they're setting us up for the 4.0 in June which will be a 4.0 MP camera :^)
    Great Job Iphonehacks!

• jack
    jack Posts: 149
    via Wordpress

its kinda sad this is a wish list and all the money we spit out we dont have the basics........

• Diego
    Diego Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Hi Guys, did you mention set a mp3 like a ringtone for both, calls and sms?.

• modeXmode
    modeXmode Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how about to including call waiting notifies if other phone is on a call.

Right now when you make a call, you want know if other phone is on a call or not. you will only hear the ringing tone same as a normal call.

I am sure most of the Nokia phones show call waiting on display . if other phone is on a phone

• Mako
    Mako Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Apple 3.0 should come wit Blackberry Messenger support.

• kk
    kk Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

better iCal intergation with maps-please add maps search when clicking an address or location in iCal.

• Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 38
    via Wordpress

i would like to add that we want the 3.0 firmware to be already software unlocked inorder to be used with any carrier worldwide...and i think this should be number one on the list bcuz am 100% sure every1 agrees that the iphone should have this feature and it is the most important