Coverage of Apple's WWDC 2009 Keynote Address; iPhone 3G S Announced

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageCoverage of Apple's WWDC 2009 Keynote Address; iPhone 3G S Announced

Apple's Keynote address at Worldwide Developer Conference 2009 should be underway shortly. It is being held at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco, California. Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, will deliver the keynote. We are closely following the event and will keep updating this...

Read the full story here

Comments

• yankii
    yankii Posts: 51
    via Wordpress

Yes! cant wait for good news!!

• 3amer
    3amer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

CAN'T WAIT!!! i hope the iphone OS will be release right after this....

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You bet!!! We can't wait as well.

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

I'm very anxious to hear all the good news from the keynotes today but thought I could share this with all iphone fans. As of yesterday I was running my iPhone 3G on firmwire 2.2. I updated my iTunes to 8.2 on my mac mini $799 model even though dev team claim it will block the iPhone from dfu mode. I used pwnage 2.2.5 to create a custom firmwire and put the phone in DFU which worked just like before. The only difference was that, after pwnage said DFU was successful I noticed iTunes 8 saying it can read my iPhone 3G. I then unplugged it from the USB n plugged it back in. Itunes 8.2 asked for a restore. The restore worked perfect and now my iPhone 3G is working fine. Actually that what I'm typing this from. I'm not going to update iTunes on my aluminium MacBook for now and see what happens with 3.0.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

So what do you think about the Keynote address so far?

• 3amer
    via Wordpress

i like wats coming, but are u sure those features are on the iPhone OS 3.0 and not on the new iphone...i meant the 3x faster safari...we r gonna have that on our 3Gs, 2Gs and iPods?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

So far there is no mention of the new iPhone so it would be for current
    iPhone models.

• yankii
    via Wordpress

im loving everything especially the rent feature thru the iphone.

But they haven't said anything about release date for 3.0 right? what about the rumors on the new iphone? They have neither denied or said they're true!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

No news on the release date or New iPhone, hopefully they should tell us
    soon.

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress

WOOP WOOP !!!!

3.0 Might be released today!!!

Right now, i'm like a retard , humping a doorknob... just waiting for more updates!!! :D

This is sick!!!! We need PHOTOS!!! .... AHAHAHAHA!!!!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Hit refresh, the release date for iPhone OS 3.0 has been announced, June
    17th for your benefit.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Admin@iPhoneHacks.com

• yankii
    via Wordpress

Finally!!! only a week awayy!!!

• bandrax
    bandrax Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

iphone 3GS .... looking forward to see what are the internal changes

• Josh
    via Wordpress

JUNE 17TH !!! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

And now, I shall have dreams of 3.0's release....

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

sAME DESIGN OK THATS IT IM GOING BACK TO NEXTEL AND GIVING MY WIFE THE IPHONE.. I WAS EXPECTING SOME BAD ASS PHONE TO TAKE EVERYONE THAT IS TRYING TO MAKE THEIR PHONE AN IPHONE..... I HAVE HAD A VIDEO CAMERA SINCE IPHONE FIRST CAME OUT, MMS, EVEN GPS WITH VOICE .. NOTHING NEW FOR ME .... MY **** IS HACKED!

THANX APPLE

• Kraven
    Kraven Posts: 4
    via Wordpress
  • Travis
    Travis Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

The caps lock key is 3/16" away from where your left pinky would rest on the letter "a" on a qwerty keyboard. That's all it takes to not look like a complete ass

• 3amer
    via Wordpress

any1 got any idea wat does "the GM seed is available today" mean....?

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

3amer: No idea what the M stands for, but G is general.

I am SO GETTING THE 3GS!!!!!!

I'm selling my iPhone 2G right now for $199, good deal considering it's A) already been jailbroken, B) $10 less per month than the 3G, and C) comes with a case and three pairs of good headphones.

message me at sirtristanc@yahoo.com if you're interested...

• asds
    asds Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

What a crock of $h1t!!! no front camera!!! Glad to see Apple is listening to their customers as to what things they'd like to see.

• Amit
    Amit Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

disappointed by iphone 3gs compare to palm pre. I am a huge fan of apple and iphone user for past 2 n half yrs but i m disappointed by this new phone hummmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Tj
    via Wordpress

Dude, calm down, the major changes are happening next year, when the rest of the industry actually forces Apple to innovate. It'll take that long, since the best they can do currently is make minor software modifications to the basic design of the iphone OS

• Mr 3G
    Mr 3G Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

What a **** keynote man! iPhone 3GS host's more or less things which all jailbroken iPhone 3G's can already do?

And where are ''100 new features'' (i smell bullshit in the air)

I followed the whole thing with gizmondo's live blog. I dont know if i will be buying the iPhone3GS it feels like apple only updated the things which people jailbreak thier iPhone's for! (MMS, VIDEO CAPTURE E.T.C)

June 17th for everyone who want's iPhone OS 3.0!

• Tj
    via Wordpress

Lemme clarify: the best the REST of the industry can do is copy the iPhone OS and hardware. once they start to up the ante then Apple will release a crazy-awesome hardware upgrade.

• moh
    moh Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Very disappointed. I was hoping for a minor change in it's appearance. Nothing major. Might still get it tho since I waited this long.

• SK
    SK Posts: 26
    via Wordpress

Download the 3.0 Software Update.

Available June 17.

Cut, Copy & Paste
    Quickly and easily cut, copy, and paste text from application to application. Select entire blocks of web text with a tap. Copy and paste images from the web, too.

Landscape Keyboard
    Want more room to type? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.

MMS
    Send MMS messages and include video, photos, audio, and contact info.2 Even tap to snap a picture or shoot a video right inside Messages.
    MMS support from AT&T coming in late summer.

Spotlight Search
    Find what you’re looking for across your iPhone, all from one place. Spotlight searches all of your contacts, email, calendars, and notes, as well as everything in your iPod.

Voice Memos
    Capture a memo, a meeting, or any audio recording on the go. Voice Memos works with the built-in iPhone microphone or with the mic on your headset.

Improved Calendar
    Create meetings via Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync and subscribe to calendars with new CalDAV support.

Buy Movies, TV Shows, and Audiobooks
    Download movies, TV shows, music videos, and audiobooks from the iTunes Store on your iPhone.3

Enhanced Stocks App
    Get more at-a-glance information and view charts in landscape.

Safari Improvements
    Enjoy faster performance, autofill user names and passwords, and more.

Internet Tethering
    Share your Internet connection with your laptop with Internet tethering via Bluetooth or USB.4
    4. Tethering is not currently offered in the U.S. and some other countries. See your carrier for availability.

Stereo Bluetooth
    Connect compatible Bluetooth stereo headphones, car kits, or other accessories.

Automatic Wi-Fi Login
    Log in to a Wi-Fi hotspot and iPhone automatically logs you in when you connect again.

Sync Notes
    Never leave a note behind. Now you can sync all the notes you write on your iPhone back to your Mac or PC.

Parental Controls
    Decide what music, videos, and apps your kids can access.

iTunes Store Account
    Create and log in to one or more iTunes Store accounts directly from your iPhone.5

YouTube Login
    Log in to your YouTube account to save and sync bookmarks and rate favorites.

Shake to Shuffle
    Give iPhone a shake and it shuffles to a different song in your music library.

New Languages
    iPhone supports 30 languages and more than 40 keyboard layouts.

MobileMe Find My iPhone and Remote Wipe
    Find your iPhone if you lose it and protect your privacy with Remote Wipe.

Run the Latest Apps
    Run the next generation of iPhone apps, like peer-to-peer games and more.

• Josh
    via Wordpress
  • steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

I was hoping for 3.0 today ;/

• Josh
    via Wordpress

iPhone 3GS 16GB for $199, iPhone 3GS 32GB for $299.

The iPhone 3GS will be available on June 19th.

The current iPhone 3G 8GB model will be available for $99. Apple hopes to open up the market.

What's that mean??? They are opening the market for other carriers?? Like T-Mobile ?? or possibly CDMA ??

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

They hope to widen their target audience by offering a cheaper iPhone.