Coverage of Apple's WWDC 2009 Keynote Address; iPhone 3G S Announced

2»

Comments

• OHHH... ok, I get it now!!

Any news on whether AT&T will be the only carrier ??? Any "hints" or whatnot??

• OHHH... ok, I get it now!!

Any news on whether AT&T will be the only carrier ??? Any "hints" or whatnot??

• Mr 3G
    Mr 3G Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

For people living in the UK here's a link to pre-register your interest in the iPhone 3GS - http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/news/coming-soon/iphone2009

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

AT&T remains the exclusive carrier for iPhone. There were no announcements
    on that front.

• SAiNT
    SAiNT Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

that's a horrible deal. i would sell it for maybe $50. that's 2 year old technology that you want to charge the same price as the brand new product?! insanity.

• 3amer
    3amer Posts: 23
    via Wordpress

ooooooooooh GM is Gold Master

• Tj
    Tj Posts: 102
    via Wordpress

it's pretty much a great deal because it's in perfect condition, it's already jailbroken, and it's cheaper for a monthly rate than the new one.

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

The name of the new iPhone is actually iPhone 3G S and not iPhone 3GS.

• Rgm
    Rgm Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Does the logo glow

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

Doesnt look like it, there were no comments about it.

• Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

EVERY ONE HEAD OVER TO APPLE.COM!!! THEY ANNOUNCED THE IPHONE 3GS!

• MAXMIXDV
    MAXMIXDV Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Image Coverage of Apple's WWDC 2009 at http://maxmixdv.com/blog/?p=622

• iyc
    iyc Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Iphone 3gs is a big disappointment specially with the smartphone market. I won't be upgrading especially not for the price either. Rather buy a Touch Pro2 or XPERIA X2. Only thing the iphone has going is the App store.

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

Did you guys notice that they're not offering the upgrade price for 3g owners?! that's SO LAME! it's 499 for 8gb, 599 for 16 and 699 for 32 gb unless you have an upgrade or are adding a new line!

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

They are, we will let you know the details soon.

• Raffi
    Raffi Posts: 15
    via Wordpress

they're giving special pricing? i don't think they are; check this out:

Requires new two-year AT&T wireless service contract, sold separately to qualified customers; credit check required; must be 18 or older. For non-qualified customers, including existing AT&T customers who want to upgrade from another phone or replace an iPhone 3G, the price with a new two-year agreement is $499 (8GB), $599 (16GB), or $699 (32GB). Visit www.wireless.att.com for eligibility information. Service may not be available in all areas or at the signal strength, rates, speeds, or bandwidth as demonstrated. Wi-Fi Internet access required for some features; broadband recommended; fees may apply. Some applications, features, and services are not available in all areas. Visit www.wireless.att.com to check AT&T network coverage in your area. iPhone is configured to work only with wireless service provided by AT&T. Warranty information available at www.apple.com/legal/warranty/iphone. When available, transferring your mobile number to a different service provider will terminate your service with your existing provider; termination fees and other charges may apply. Some features may require added fees. Contact your service provider for more details. Use constitutes acceptance of Apple’s software license agreement and third-party terms located in the iPhone box. Unauthorized modification of your iPhone software violates the software license agreement. Inability to use an iPhone due to unauthorized modifications is not covered under your warranty. In CA, MA, and RI, sales tax is collected on the unbundled price of iPhone. Corporate Responsibility Users (CRUs) and new Individual Responsibility Users (IRUs) who wish to purchase or upgrade to iPhone 3G S should contact AT&T directly. iPhone is only for use on AT&T’s network.

• ZedSefi
    ZedSefi Posts: 130
    via Wordpress

I have checked the new specs page for iPhone 3G S , and unfortunately the most two important information for me are not listed there which are the processor speed and more importantly the RAM size. Can anybody please confirm what they are 'cause otherwise I won't consider upgrading even thou Apple mentioned the performance has been significantly improved but if that is just the processor (without RAM upgrade) then it is not for me.

• Andrew
    Andrew Posts: 168
    via Wordpress

Ok I'm sorry, but AT&T is just a load of **** and I hate them as a carrier. We have to wait until late summer for multimedia texting AND they won't even let us tether? What a load of crap...gah I hope apple switches carriers soon.

• SAiNT
    SAiNT Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

still no justification. sorry, I just believe that is a deal for chumps. your phone's condition is good, but it's not brand new. I'm betting jailbreaking can be done on the 3GS, so that's out the window. it may have a cheaper monthly rate, but it's for the EDGE network. the extra $10 a month is completely worth the cost for 3G. pull because it's a first gen the biggest it could have storage wise is 8gbs. over all for the price you want, someone could get a brand new iPhone with 16 gbs of storage, 3G network, and not get a product that is 2 years old.

honestly nobody buys last year's model or even a two year old model car for this year model's price. plain and simple. to break this down a little more, you wont pay 26,000 for a 2008 mustang that might have more options. you would however pay 26,000 for a 2010 mustang. why? because it's the new product, not the used 2008. the only type of person that will buy into something like that is someone who is completely out of touch with technology, that has no idea that is the old model and they can get the new one for the same price. and if you do find someone like this you have ripped them off. i wouldn't be able to sleep at night if i did something like this.

• Gilberto Arellano
    Gilberto Arellano Posts: 32
    via Wordpress

I totally agree with you.
    Im Hella mad at AT&T and I'm not so impresed by the new iPhone 3gs.
    And I didn't get any credit for predicting the new iPhone 3gs (speed) name last night.!

• Egypt
    Egypt Posts: 115
    via Wordpress

Any info on trading your iphone 3g for the 3g s?