iPhone 3GS Jailbreak Released; Dev Team Demo iPhone 3GS Unlocking Solution

Comments

• T3ch No1r
    T3ch No1r Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I got a successful jailbreAk restored to my old 3g profile which was a jailbroken (2.2.1). I had issues. SBsettings was ok for a minute, then just froOze. The 3g works better if you jailbreak it with a fresh profile to control conflicts. So I restored to a new install(3.0) and a new profile. then For some reason I can't get past restore mode. How many times do you need to click make it rain for success? Then do you unplug? I can't figuire what I did differently. I remember the picture comes out of nowhere.

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

i've been tryin for awhile to make it work on vista 64 and ended with a couple of restores. if any of you are still clueless out there, i found a site that helps. http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/

• Ali
    Ali Posts: 86
    via Wordpress

nahh,,still not working for me, cant make calls, cant send or receieve txts, i can only get incoming calls and browes online with tmobile edge, are you guys having the same problems or do u just see your carrier name on top and presume everything is working like a charm??

• Gonzo
    Gonzo Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I'm still trying myself, I'm on my third restore....crossing fingers!

• Gonzo
    via Wordpress

How many times did you hace to restore?
    Are you using Vista with 3GS iphone?

• NateDawg
    via Wordpress

yea i think im going to give up. it keeps getting stuck at the damn rain screen...for over 10 mins. so just restart and restore. yayyy

• Wagner
    Wagner Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

actually none i used windows xp since it's the only windows os that works....

• Wagner
    Wagner Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Use windows XP it works perfectly .

Don't attempt to use on Windows Vista or 7.

@.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

Purplera1n is a joke.

All these people are having all these problems. It's not even worth trying. It's no wonder why you "normally don’t make tools for the general public, and rather wait for the dev team to do it."

Thanks for attempting but I'll just wait for the official.

• NateDawg
    via Wordpress

i've tried on my brothers XP laptop. it starts up(unlike vista 64 with compatability check) and puts it into recovery, but gets stuck at the damn rain logo that i know despise lol. Grats Wagz, but im restoring and putting all my **** back on there for another day tomorrow.

• Johnny
    Johnny Posts: 93
    via Wordpress

Worked like a charm! Did it on my laptop using Windows XP and it only took one try. Thanks GeoHot & the rest of the Dev Team

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

What about mac???? WTF The iPhone is mac
    don't forget about us!!!!

• Gonzo
    via Wordpress

I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!

Tried thousand times on main computer running Vista....work first try on my mini dell running XP.

******IT WORKED FIRST TRY ON COMPUTER RUNNING XP******

• jasbirkhaira
    jasbirkhaira Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

iphone3gs freezes after installing some programs from cydia after jailbreaking it, complete freeze only solution... restore. i will wait for the dev team

• Developer
    Developer Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Does this work with 3.1?

• birsey
    birsey Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

i restored my iphone than did jailbreak like written there. But phone says “No sim card installed. Insert a valid…” and i can only do emergency calls. I have no At&t card. And i Do not wanna use phone function (now). Is there a way to bypass this screen and use only other functions?

• Mudshark
    Mudshark Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

No Winterboard. Wifi screwed. Push notification killed. I'll wait for dev team.

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

It took two tries to make it work. Then when I realized I didn't need it jailbroken because the software is good enough now and I want my warranty I tried to restore. I didn't want to work after a few times it kept showing the purple rain screen when it failed. Then it finally restored. **** that ****.

• Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Yes Voipover3g makes some apps close down, Skype, AppStore among others.

Very buggy, difficult to install, 3G & Wifi no working properly, cannot access AppStore because of "no connection" etc etc.

I´m restoring back to original and will wait for more stable solution to Jailbreak

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

You make it rain....Loads a few things and iphone restarts....loads a pic on the iphone i guess its the purple ra1n logo then restarts...looks like phone goes in duf mode then restarts again..... u get a new app called freeze load it and and it installs cydia....note this is only for xp not vista or windows 7...good luck found this on you tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moxvv3-2nyo

• Dan c
    Dan c Posts: 27
    via Wordpress

Worked like a champ for me. had to reboot to see cydia though.

• IphoneC razy
    IphoneC razy Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Geohot, a member of the Dev Team (ha ha lol) many moons ago but not for a long time. I thought you would of known that.

Geohot has since released a revised version of purplera1n/freeze that now works on Win7 x64 and has international language support.

I too could not work out why the Dev Team were holding back.

Don't you think its funny when people fail they blame the software (blah its a beta its buggy) why not try rebooting your PC, make sure you've got itunes set up correctly using default folders, try a different USB port etc.. Its not Rocket Science.

Anyway good luck all u 3GS owners go Jailbraik and have fun, personally I'm waiting till my upgrade is due only a few weeks to go. Hopefully they'll still be shipping them with FW3.0 installed if not I'm buggered.

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

You dumb fcuk, it wouldn't be the fact that you dont know how to use a PC. lol ha ha thousands probably hundreds of thousands have used it successfully, you make me laugh so fcking much.

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

It wouldn't be the fact that the 3GS is running new hardware and new software (FW3.0) and the apps that freeze need upgrading or even rewriting altogether.

So wait for the Dev Team but you'll still have the same problems, der

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

Winterboard needs a lot of work before it will work on the 3GS as Jay will tel you, wifi works so does push.

I forgot the Dev Team are miracle workers and will rewrite all iphone apps as well as bring a Jailbraik out. You'll probably need one of them to nip round to yours and Jailbraik your phone for you you Noooooob or should that be NOB

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

what you realized half way through Jailbreaking that you didnt need to Jailbraik because the iphone 3GS software was good enough.

What a fcuking jerk. Do you realise how retarded you sound.

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

What did you really expect everything to work out of the box with no glitches. Some people just don't have a clue about Jailbraiking or any part of it.

If you don't understand it just stay away from it,

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

You've what? 7 hours to run a program that takes less than 10 mins to run.

You need to stay away from any Jailbraik, seriously just stay away.

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

What are you going on about. ^^^ Mentally ill^^

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

maybe a reboot would help.