iPhone 3GS Jailbreak Released; Dev Team Demo iPhone 3GS Unlocking Solution

Comments

• IphoneC razy
    IphoneC razy Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

Maybe Ultrasn0w that hasn't been fully tested with all scenarios isnt working properly.

Why not do what most do and slag the dev team of.

I can't understand people who expect this to just work without any problems, if this describes you just stay away from Jailbraiking altogether. Do us all a favour, I'm sick off all the forums being full of dumb questions from bumb people that don't know what there doing.

A Tip. Find as much information as you can read it re-read it then find more information and repeat. Belive me this will put you in good sted for all future Iphone Hacks.

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

just un-install winterboard from Cydia, reboot the phone and hey presto. No restore needed.

• IphoneC razySUCKS!!
    via Wordpress

So.....After all of your 'Enlightened Comments' you don't have a 3G S then? Do you? (No is the answer your looking for)
    Your making comments on something you THINK you know all about, yet your just using the same as most of us!!
    I Really, Really, hope that when you finally get your upgrade, The hole HAS been plugged, just especially for you!!
    I also hope that the current 3G S owner manage to get their phone JB'd, i'd be sooooooo happy to hear that you had a standard one

• Eze
    Eze Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Troubles last night at home using Vista... had to restore. Today used XP (although the meister released an updated version for Vista/7) and it processed immediately. Repo's added... sometimes glitchy, sometimes not, but working regardless. Heeding others and not trying winterboard for now. Tried ultrasn0w... flawless. Uninstalled (cause I have ATT... just wanted to try). ****... flawless. Props to geohot for not making me wait. Going to site to contribute some fundage.

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

Somebody's upset aint they. Whats up been up all night trying to run a program that takes less than 10 mins to run?

I might not own one, but that dont meen I havnt Jailbroke one or two or three.

You got to admit my comments were all bang on.

;-)

• Olliver
    Olliver Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Well, I've done unlock and JB since first 2G came out and since then another 20 or so as I've introduced them in my company and we need them unlocked for use overseas with local mobile network suppliers.

I'm fairly familiar with how to JB but this time it was just to many bugs and it actually made some apps unusable and wifi jumpy (with Ultrasn0w I quess).

Understand and appreciate dev-team & Geohot enabling the use of iPhone as it really should be (unlocked from Apple).

I just suggest better wait til more stable solution is out there (as its been back in time). Unless you're hacker-type of user (I'm not).

• IphoneC razy
    via Wordpress

P.S. if the hole is plugged I'm sure Goehot or the Dev Team will find another one - just for me hey

• IphoneCrazy
    IphoneCrazy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Geohot has released the second revision of purplera1n (RC2) to jailbreak iPhone 3GS. The latest version includes:

* Vista, Windows 7, International, 64-bit support
    * Less flakiness in the payload
    * Cydia tar cleaned up
    * Improved logging with slightly more useful errors
    * New kernel patches, codesign errors gone. Props posixninja
    * Added vm_map +x, passed vm_check
    * No winterboard yet, but now that ball is in Saurik's court :-)
    * Still in beta, use caution

• Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

WORKS VERY GOOD ;) WIHT THE NEW VERSION :P THX

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress
  • NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

i work all day, i dont have much time before i have to go to bed and work again. i only got in two restores because it takes 2-3 hours to put all my music and video backs after it gets stuck at the restore. think a lil before u judge.

• NateDawg
    NateDawg Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

to be honest, i dont think anyone here likes you so its probably best to gtfo

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

So if we've already JB'd the phone should I download and run purple again?

• sloppy_joe
    sloppy_joe Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

It's sad seeing alot of you guys had trouble JB. I jbroken it on my very first try on XP sp3, added Ultrasn0w, which works beautifully on T-Mobile (except no 3G). I'm grinning from ear to ear ^-^

• Arvin
    Arvin Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

also been having problems with ultrasn0w... tmobile and wifi keeps disconnecting/connecting intermittently... anyone or anybody able to solve this issues...

• Arvin
    via Wordpress

do you have any problems with t-mobile disconnecting/connecting intermittently... n f u did... how did u resolve this issue... i've already JB on second version of rain but also had this issue with 1st version... reply will be appreciated...

• unlock iphone 3g
    unlock iphone 3g Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

finally I can jb and unlock my iphone 3gs. no more high rates !!

• Arvin
    via Wordpress

try taking ur sim card out and reinsert while ur phone is on... since then didn't have any problems with losing signals... able to make calls now without any problems and receive calls... hope this helps...

• Arvin
    via Wordpress

use the sim card that came with the phone...

• Arvin
    via Wordpress

thanks dev team... finally got everything working right... now able to use phone for tmobile without any problems... just need to stay away from downloading apps from cydia d/t compatability issues... will wait for next patch...

• toni
    toni Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

the winter board issue isnt too bad just stay on safe mode and uninstall it through cydia. i got a little scare but its all groovy now.

• dudecar
    dudecar Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

OK I jailbreaked my iphone 3Gs. Then unlocked it by following the this video. I get the carrier name ROGERS but I keep on losing signal. It goes full and then goes down again. When I try to make a call, iI keep getting call failed and such.

Any pointers? Thanks

• dudecar
    via Wordpress

The signal is stable if I just let it sit there. Signal is strong, carier name ROGERS is there, 3G logo is there.

But when I make a call the signal drops and the call fails.....why is this happening?

• dudecar
    via Wordpress

NVM it worked perfectly fine after turning 3G off. Call/receive works fine. Signal is good and Cydia working flawlessly. Thanks a lot.

• dev sucks ass ring
    via Wordpress

**** the dev-team pissing all us 3gs uses around

thanks geohotz { better than dev }

RIP dev-team, once the best hacker leaves, its just a matter of time be4 it all falls apart

• Flavsfood
    Flavsfood Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

You are a little rude computer nerd bitchass
    go **** yourself !!

• Bdizzle
    Bdizzle Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Winterboard is now working with purple rain . . .

• claudio
    claudio Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi guys,

I tried to unlock my 3gs 32 Gb and cannot do it thru purplera1n.

I always get the error message: the program purplera1n encountered one error and has to be closed.

Can someone advise what to do please ?

Thanks for all the answers.

• Pullback
    Pullback Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I'm nervous, am doing the jailbreak now and my phone just keep in the downloading status no finsih or what ever tale tale sign that it is stilldownloading. Already waited for at 20mins now ang phone is still "Downloading". Can somebody advice