Hack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0

The non-availability of tethering and MMS features in the U.S at the time of the launch of iPhone OS 3.0 was probably the most disappointing news that was announced at the WWDC 2009 Keynote address. Some folks had figured out a simple hack to enable tethering on iPhone OS 3.0...

Read the full story here

Comments

• karl
    karl Posts: 113
    via Wordpress
  • Kingclew
    Kingclew Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I tried that like 3 days ago and I get an error every time I send mms it doesnt work.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Work on 3G and 3G S but dose not work on Original IPhone /2g

Thank You iPhone Hacks

• yoo123
    yoo123 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

RELEASE ULTRASN0W ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W. ULTRASN0W ULTRASN0W PLZZZ

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

How can MMS for Tmobile users be enabled?

• T Payne
    T Payne Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

My question for the tether and MMS hacks is; can att see that we are using these carrier setting hacks or does it all look like regular data being sent via the unlimited data plan?

• mdoubleu
    mdoubleu Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

BS!

Doesn't work for 2g!?

We're getting raped. Does anyone know if Swirly MMS works? I've tried to get it to work before but the att tech didn't want to change the wap settings. They acted as if they had no idea what it was I was talking about.

.. ugh

• John
    John Posts: 790
    via Wordpress

this doesnt work anymore i did it a while ago and at&t blocked it now

• iPhoneFreedom
    iPhoneFreedom Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

settings > general > network > cellular data network

The settings to enable Visual Voicemail is:

APN: acds.voicemail
    Username: BLANK
    PASSWORD: BLANK

BLANK means leave this field empty!

To properly configure MMS

APN: wap.cingular
    Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: CINGULAR1
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.32
    MMS Max Message Size: BLANK
    MMS UA Prof URL: BLANK

The Cellular Data configuration is:
    APN wap.cingular
    Username: wap@cingulargprs.com
    Password: CINGULAR1

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

iPhoneFreedom:
    On AT&T phones
    settings > general > network > cellular data network is not available. How do you enable the Celluarl Data Network option?

Thanks mandeep

• iPhoneFreedom
    iPhoneFreedom Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Follow the directions in the article. Then refer to my additions.

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

i have tried this with swirlyMMS as well it will work until AT&T sees the iphone log back in then they remove it again i have been fighting this battle with them for a long time. when u hook up the iphone the system sees it and somehow flags it. if you go to your online account you can see which phone is hooked to which number. i have 3 phones on my account and it shows which phone is on what number. MMS works 3 to 7 days before they remove it again. I had AT&T enable it on the system a few times but it gets kicked off after a few days as well. How Mad am i paid for swirlymms had it working then the a**holes at AT&T shut it down

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

ULTRASNOW ULTRASNOW, ULTRASNOW, ULTRASNOW

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH 3GS.... JUST NEED ULTRASNOW ...COMMON DEV TEAM

• M
    M Posts: 30
    via Wordpress

= iFail with the 3G S

• Choice89
    Choice89 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I waited until Saturday to upgrade my 3G to my new 32gb 3GS. Walked into apple and was out the front door actvated in 45 minutes no problems at all!!

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

Frank,

Sorry to hear this. I would like to hear more info regarding this. Any others having this problem. This is one reason, I didn't purchase swirly because I felt it deep down, that Apple was going to release a new iPhone, and only that one would have MMS forcing people to buy it.

I would like to attempt this but don't want to lose visual voice. Anyone here lose that?

• Mudshark
    Mudshark Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Where does it say Ultrasnow will work on the 3GS

• cherie
    cherie Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

If Visual Voicemail breaks when enabling tethering or MMS, do this:
    Go to Settings – General – Network – Cellular Data Network
    Under Visual Voicemail
    Change APN to acds.voicemail
    Leave username and password blank
    Restart your phone.

• bastian gatten
    bastian gatten Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

Mine has been working for a few weeks now. Yes I have been running the GM 3.0.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

According to an AT&T rep i spoke to shortly after reading this they are on top of this hack already. if you have MMS enabled then begin using your iPhone it will be disabled after a few messages. This is what happened to me and i called AT&T asking to have MMS added to my RAZR and i asked them why it stopped working and they told me its because after enabling it i had switched to my iphone. GRRR I want my MMS!!

• Brett
    Brett Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

whenever i try to send a picture i always lose my signal and the iphone 3gs says "Searching..."

• at&tHaTer
    at&tHaTer Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

I dont get whats the big fucking deal with iphone users having MMS ?? At first I thought they just hadnt created the app for it but its completely obvious that bullshit is afoot.

I for one will be minimizing my at&t plan down to the bone and going with tmobile as soon as ultrasnow etc work on the 3gs..

EAT MY **** AT&T !!!!!!

• Frank
    Frank Posts: 215
    via Wordpress

HUMMM think maybe the phone is to much for there system and if we are MMSing there system may CRASH.

• Swiftwiter
    Swiftwiter Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Thanks for all the hard work folks. I hate to tell you that, at least for me and my 1st Gen, ipcc is greyed out for selection in step "4. Select the IPCC you downloaded earlier." Any ideas?

• Confusion
    Confusion Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Sorry Swiftwiter this hack is to do what AT&T didn't and enable mms on iPhone just like they will in a few months not an unofficial app and as Apple said in March, Mms just won't work on the first gen even with 3.0 and activation from AT&T their reason was the atenna wasn't strong enough and won't be available that's why I'm pretty sure this file is just for the 3g and 3gs and also why it's greyed out so you don't give it a bad file. If you ask me it's just a trick to get you to buy a new iPhone seeing as how swirly mms works, so I suggest getting that if you really need it.

This is just what I assume from the available facts correct me if I'm wrong.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

i have never had that problem, I have had swirly since I first got my 3g iphone and never had to call AT&T to get it to work

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

there are tons of other phones like blackberry's and stuff that have mms messaging way more of them then iphones so if there not crashing the system then theres no way the iphone should its just bs reason to control us and what we have and to be thankful to them when they throw us a bone

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

This works on my locked iPhone 3G with ATT service. I have the family unlimited messaging. I did not have to put my SIM card in another phone for it to work. I just updated the ipcc file and rebooted my phone. I'll report back if for some reason it stops working. My visual voicemail works as well.

• Swiftwiter
    Swiftwiter Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Once again the unholy union of Apple/AT&T has reduced those who adopted early into curling up in the corner and wishing for a grand easter egg to fix their woes.

I wanted to use/buy SwirlyMMS but could not get it to load. That's why I had hopes that this new option might work.

Since Apple is now down to making incremental changes in the iphone, I think I will be waiting to see what comes out next and to see if this union falls apart. The ad hoc nickel and dimming of their customers has left me, and many other, disenchanted, disenfranchised and disillusioned with the great iphone hope that was two years ago. And now, no tethering in the US unless you use PDAnet or the like.

Hope springs eternal. I feel a little guilty blathering on about this while people in Iran are dying right now. I think I will refocus for the rest of the night. Peace to all and thanks for your help.