Hack to Enable MMS on iPhone OS 3.0

Comments

• JBS
    JBS Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have tried this and it does not work. DO NOT USE ANY OTHER SIM CARD IN YOUR IPHONE. If you use a SIM from another phone (AT&T) the other phone will not be able to access Medianet or send MMS after about a day.

• Spaghetti
    Spaghetti Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I got it to work for about 5 hours but mine and another iphones capability to send mms were wiped out at the same time (IMEI sweep??)

So i think all there is left to do is wait for the new features. I cant think of any way to get this to stick permanently for more than a few hours except alter my IMEI, which I'm really not comfortable doing.

Any ideas?

• TY
    TY Posts: 41
    via Wordpress

Can I restore the iphone afterwards to get at&t's offical carrier file. If this does not work?

• heatherD
    heatherD Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm also not seeing the settings/general/cellular data network settings anywhere.

any help?

• Steven M
    Steven M Posts: 114
    via Wordpress

Sounds like you did it backwards. You're not supposed to put any other sim card into your iPhone. You're supposed to put your iPhone sim card into a non-iPhone. You want your sim card to think it's no longer being used in an iPhone. Now your non-iPhone sim card thinks it is now in an iPhone too.

• Sunshine
    Sunshine Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

i typed it is as
    "%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    and it worked

• Jr
    Jr Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

the ipcc file will download but it seems that there is nothing in it the folders are empty and itunes wont even see the files even when i follow the instructions

• Sunshine
    via Wordpress

I tried both the way given and Steven M's way, my settings are all configured and the option to send is there, but it stops between 90-95% and then says it can't send the picture

• dennis
    dennis Posts: 89
    via Wordpress

Ok. Hi Everyone. Brace yourself because this will be long. For those who dont already know, AT&T has a tight control over their network, just like any other carrier. Apple has nothing to do with that. Apple is just a corparate company that sells high end electronics, and software that are easy to use with a sprinkle of sex appeal. I first noticed when i jailbroke my iphone both 2g and 3g and enables mms with swirly. it worked for a week then it gave me an error. I figured calling and calling would resolve the issue but as you can see the iphone has been out for two years and nothing has been resolved so i just wasted my time. If you have a lot of time on your hand, knock yourself in doing just that, because att has to pay a lot for those who keep calling about issues they cant fix. However, it will not change anything till later this summer when they decide to charge the data plan at $75 for unlimeted data, messages, and tething. And believe me they will. If you do not already know, consumers are paying $25 more for an iphone data plan then any other data plan for another carrier. Its a lot of bull an its a way to rape people of thier hard earned money. So heres what i recomend. Hack your phone. The latest redsnow for windows and the pwnage tool for macs should do the trick. Unlock with ultrasnow. Google what im telling you because i dont want to explain it on here(but to make it short jailbreak and unlock the phone....the). then change your data plan to a $30 unlim.data and message that att offers. But this only works if you take the sim out of your iphone and put in another att phone(a cheap go phone will work just the same.

Ive been reading so many blogs on how to enable tethering and mms. I have no idea wy pple care so much about teathering when the speed is very slow but i guess those less fortunate to go out and get a wirless card dont want come out of pocket.(i totally understand). Ive only found one method to work and this is for anyone with an iphone 3g running a jail broken and unlocked iphone using att's network.

you need to downgrade you itunes to an old 8.2 version. normally you would have t delete your current version in order to do this. next, connect your iphone, shift select ungrade. and a window will pop up and itll ask you for two things the .ipsw or .pcc (carrier bundle).....remeber it has to be 5.0 carrier bundle (google to find where to download) then open it in the window. this should work fine. then using the other att phone. make a few calls. go to your accont on att.com and see if that new phone poped up and then switch sims again and reboot your iphone. a tab in the general>network you will see cellular data and you will need to put the apn and all that in the fields. reset the network and bang you have a camera in your messages. and this should work. i dont know how long though. but it worked for me if you guys have any questions please email me ace636223@yahoo.com i can give you more info tutorial and be a bit more descriptive. I pay only $85 for my rate plan and data and i have it all. tething mms except visual vm. but who cares right. im not getting charged overage but att keeps sending me these free txts stating that my phone is using an incorrect data plan please call cust. service. LOL, yeah right.

• att is in my nut sack fellas!
    via Wordpress

Hi all, I just got my MMS working and its working great so far. I followed these instructions except for the part where you have to trick att. I just done the same thing I did when I had my Swirly MMS and hell it worked for almost a whole year till i updated my software.

• spacejunk
    spacejunk Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Worked for me without doing any of the SIM swap steps, but every time I send an MMS it puts my phone into safe mode. The recipient gets the MMS. Also I lost visual VM. I reset with the settings above and rebooted to get Visual VM back. Sending MMS still resets phone into safe mode.

Is it just me, or is this a friggin joke that we are all hacking our phones to get features that have been around for like 10 years?!?

• spacejunk
    via Wordpress

Justin, are you having any trouble when you send a message? Iike phone going into safemode after sending the image?

• Desiree
    Desiree Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Why can I not get past the IPCC update for iTunes? It will not let me run the command above!

• att is in my nut sack fellas!
    via Wordpress

I had the same problem. Its wrote down wrong here or something. go to krillr.com and it shows it better on how to do this

• spacejunk
    via Wordpress

Anyone else having this issue after applying this ippc?

After sending MMS, phone crashes to safe mode. After sending a group SMS, phone crashes to safe mode.

• yugifan156
    yugifan156 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have windows vista 64 bit and I have iTunes 8.2

I followed the directions perfectly, but when I enter the commands in command line it gives me an error, I even copy+paste it in as well and I still cannot get it to work.

Any tips or suggestions?

• nathanael
    nathanael Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have a 2G with os 3.0 and am using swirlymms2, I receive the notification that I have an mms message and when I go to retrieve it my iphone reboots... any advice?

• spacejunk
    via Wordpress

For anyone that has jailbreak 3G with 3.0 and this carrier file loaded. If you are experiencing crashes, it may be caused by OpenSSH/SSL I have been testing this all day and MMS works right up to the point I install openSSH

• Bedwa
    Bedwa Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Thanks! This worked perfectly. The first few times it said that my phone was not supported by medianet, but after pushing it though (clicking a few more times ;) ) it worked.

Sweet times man!

• Corey
    Corey Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

So I have a iPhone 2G running a jailbroken 3.0 firmware with the new ActiaveMMS2G on Cydia... I succesfully got ONE MMS message to send (to myself)

And now it's all jacked up again... what gives.

• Bedwa
    Bedwa Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Think of it this way.... how many iPhone 3Gs and 3G Ss will AT&T have to reprovision in their system? Plus with how much data iPhone cusotmers use in general, how much more is that going to load the servers? Plus, get over the Customer Service pomp and circumstance. It's all depending on who you get, not the company. The process is the same as it was when they were Cingular. If anything it's harder for the representatives than it was. Trust me... I know.

• Z
    Z Posts: 333
    via Wordpress

its on mine i have the mms icon can compose one but cant send it due to not calling att yet but tethering works fine

• Tony
    Tony Posts: 145
    via Wordpress

I too am getting an error when I enter in the command line prompt. Running vista 32 bit with itunes 8.2

• Sunshine
    via Wordpress

I have done both the sim card swap and registered on medianet, and before I can send an mms message my phone is back to the iPhone on my AT&T account, I have all the options available on my phone but can't figure out how to get the mms to work and keep my phone off the iPhone according to AT&T

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

how do you revert back to the old IPCC file? I tried using my friend's phone to make some calls and it still said i had an iphone, didnt work.

• chrisp
    chrisp Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'll just stick to my swirly, been working just fine. There has been so much posted on how to get his internal app mms on the iphone 3g, i'm almost sick of reading. Best of luck to you all, but I'm sticking with Swirly.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

That's horse ****. I've been using swirly since day one and it's always worked for me. the key is to take the iphone sime and stick it in an old att phone (not an iphone) make a few calls and send a few picture msgs while the sim is in the old phone. change the apn settings to cingular settings. insert the sim back in your iphone, and restart. swirly will work. and will never stop working. don't listen to what those dumb ass att phone reps are saying. most of the time they have no clue. if your mms stopped working after a few msgs or a few days it doesn't have anything to do with att. it's how you have it set up. think about it, doesn't it sound a little odd that att would single out a few people to block mms from but not everyone with an iphone. think mcfly. it's not att. just like half the people in this post that didn't read the directions and tried to apply activatemms to their 3g. well before you get started it says in big bold letters, NOT FOR 3G. the problem is that people don't know how to follow directions.

• wasab1
    wasab1 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Is there a way to get the original Att ipcc on my phone. I did the modified version and nothing seems to be working and my voicemail wont show. Just trying to get it back to stock OS 3.0.

• engage16
    engage16 Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Persistence, it may not work the first time, but keep trying... There are many techniques that you may have to combine together to get it working. I have MMS, Internet, Tethering, and Visual Voicemail all working...