Dev Team Release RedSn0w to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS & UltraSn0w to Unlock iPhone 3GS

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Release RedSn0w to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS & UltraSn0w to Unlock iPhone 3GS

The iPhone Dev Team had released redSn0w to jailbreak iPhone 3G and UltraSn0w to unlock iPhone 3G couple of weeks back. Today they have released an updated version of redSn0w (version: 0.8) which can also jailbreak iPhone 3GS. Dev Team has also released an updated version of UltraSn0w (version: 0.8)...

Read the full story here

Comments

• aj
    aj Posts: 82
    via Wordpress

Does winterboard work after jailbreaking ?

• Deejayyk
    Deejayyk Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

I JUST JAILBROKE MY 3GS ... BUT CYDIA ICON DOESNT SHOW UP?
    HELPP

• Ronald
    Ronald Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

people to get winterboard to work just download any winterboard theme and its going to work on your iphone3GS youll see the winterboard icon and you good to go

• Mili
    Mili Posts: 3
    via Wordpress
  • scantar@vodafone.it
    via Wordpress

Guys, just tried but when I follow the initial instructions after the release of all buttons, the application is waiting for rebooting, but the phone stays in an apparent off status for quite long and nothing move. I waited up to 10 minutes and then had to cancel and restart the phone by pushing both power and home at the same time for quite some seconds. Any help?

• Kunal
    Kunal Posts: 16
    via Wordpress

So I can just jailbreak the 3GS with purplera1n, install cydia and then download and install ultrasn0w to unlock the iphone...or do I HAVE to do it using redsn0w?

• Armanius
    Armanius Posts: 42
    via Wordpress

just use redsn0w it will install Cydia in your device.

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

I have had the same exact thing happen to me. Dont know what's up with that.

• Starlet
    Starlet Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

are you following the redsn0w instructions or iphonehacks jailbreak step-by-step guide for iphone 3G?

• Thomas
    via Wordpress

FYI, I suggest you use purplerain. I was having the same problem as you are on my 3GS. It didn't work with redsnow, but it worked just fine with purplerain.

• Thomas
    via Wordpress

I used the redsnow instructions. It begins just fine, but after about the 3rd "waiting for reboot" it just sits there forever. Had to hold home+power to reset it. (I tried it twice with same results). Purplerain worked first time.

• Thomas
    via Wordpress

Restart your phone. Upon restart, it should be there.

• Armanius
    via Wordpress

its says "waiting for reboot" and nothing is happening... =[ they should update it cuz i think redsn0w got some bugs...

• Thepartyguy
    Thepartyguy Posts: 57
    via Wordpress

Do the first hack with purplera1n and mine worked fine

• Deejayyk
    Deejayyk Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

IVE TRYD THAT ALREADY BUT NOTHING.. I EVEN TRYD JAILBREAKING AGAIN.. =[

• toronto1
    toronto1 Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

How do I actually install this? There are no instructions in the README? I jailbreaked using puplera1n and unlocked using ultrasnow but it was too glitchy - my phone froze every time I made a call.

Now, I restored me phone so how do I install this? I believe after I install this redsn0w, I can install the latest version of ultrasnow from Cydia right?

Please help ASAP! thanks

iPhone 3GS - 16GB here.

• Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a jailbroke 3G running running OS 3.0. all is just fine except one thing...none of the keyboard themes I download through Cydia and activate in Winterboard work. Help! everything is updated on the phone Winterboard, Cydia, Mobile Sat, all up to date. all my other themes like the dialer and sounds work just fine except the keyboard themes. any ideas guys? should I re-jailbreak with the newest redsnow?

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

You can use Purplera1n, install Cydia and then use Ultrasn0w to unlock the phone.

Basically there are two methods to jailbreak you can use either one, same end result.

I used Purplera1n yesterday not knowing Dev team will deliver today and haven't had any issues, so I'm not going the redsn0w route.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

YEA same problem here if i pick cidya and ice to in stall the whole app crashes on vista if i pick cidya or ice i go through two or three reboots and it gets stuck have to reboot phone??? DEV TEAM HELP

• Armanius
    via Wordpress

ok guys heres the deal, if you want to jailbreak it you need correct ipsw for it.. if its "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore" it wont work! you need this one "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" to download go to this link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5G86U46T

• Thomas
    via Wordpress

I can confirm having this exact problem on 2 different Iphone 3GSs. After the second stage is loaded, it says waiting for reboot, but it never reboots.
    Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit
    iPhone 3GS 3.0 Final (x2)

I'm restoring both phones to stock to see if it will let me use redsn0w then since purplerain is so buggy.

• Thomas
    via Wordpress

Good call, looks like a fix. Not really a fix, but this should probably be explained better. I used 3.0 fw to jailbreak my 3G, so I just used that one. Apparently the 3GS has its own specific version. However, why did redsnow not catch this when it verified the fw?

• jumbo
    jumbo Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

I dont know what are u talking about Armanius by providing link to ipsw file. We all all talking about jailbreaking iphone3gs and we dont need any custom firmware for that. we already have that firmware we r just trying to jailbreak n unlock our iphone and for ur info. dev team hasnt released pwange tool for 3gs jailbreak. LOL

• iPhone Fan
    iPhone Fan Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

It's hard playing the waiting game when nothing is happening. If you get impatient and abort, can you brick the phone?

• mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

My recommendation is not to jailbreak again that will not resolve the issue for you. Since the Redsn0w software just came out wait patienly for fixes that come from Dev team or other developers related to mobilesubstrate etc.

There are many apps that aren't working correctly and those developers will need to fix/port them to the new hardware.

• Armanius
    via Wordpress

what i was trying to say is for 3G and 3GS there is different ipsw's thats all. you dont have ipsw for 3GS because you didnt update it so thats why you dont have correct ipsw. the one you have its for 3G. my English is not perfect thats why i cant explain it but i think Thomas got my point...

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

He's talking about the FW redsn0w requires to work bud. The first one listed by h would be used for the older model iPhone. The second is the newest model. Download that ipsw file and use it during the jailbreak, trust me. Personally, purplera1n worked perfect for me and the updated the MobileSubtrate today so all is well. WIFI, WinterBoard, iRealSMS, everything is good so far aside from qTweeter... That seems to put the phone RIGHT into safe mode. Hope this gets fixed fast. Good luck all!

• Nate
    Nate Posts: 58
    via Wordpress

I don't wanna say no, but I haven't heard of a phone being bricked in years so I think you're safe. Just watch for what you install on it for right now there seem to be a few bugs to work out.

• Starlet
    Starlet Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

not sure why redsn0w doesn't catch it - itunes does, keeping hold of shift and pressing restore, then if you choose an incorrect ipsw for that iphone, itunes won't restore it.

• Armanius
    via Wordpress

do you know **** works on 3GS or not?