Dev Team: RedSn0w can Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0.1 and UltraSn0w can Unlock it

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

You should remember to remove apps from the folders before you upgrade. However, GoogleMyName, one of readers had an easy fix for the issue you have reported.

Settings>
    General> Restrictions and enable this. This will unhide all your
    apps. You can then go back and turn restrictions off. After you turn it
    back off, all of your hidden apps that were in categories will be back
    on your spring board.

Let us know if it works.

• Murat Varol
    Murat Varol Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I guess I can not explain my problem with my insufficient english :(.
    İf it is not problem for you, if you can give me a mail, I can send an emial and explain my problem with screenshot..
    if it's possible..
    Thanks lot...

• Murat Varol
    via Wordpress

Yeaahhh... You did it. :) Thank you very much iphonehacks..
    :)

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

does any one know if winterboard is safe to use again or are they still working on it

• Orh Hai
    Orh Hai Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

My iphone is on OS3.0 now, and I have also jailbroken it.

May I know how do I upgrade my iphone OS to 3.0.1? Do I have to go through the hassle of restoring to 3.0 then upgrading to 3.0.1 and then jailbreaking it? Or I could simply upgrade to 3.0.1 on my iTunes?

Also, can I upgrade to iTunes 8.2.1? I understand that there was some concerns earlier to upgrade iTunes to 8.2.

I have no need to unlock my phone.

Thanks.

• Torbor
    Torbor Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Anybody knows how long it takes for the Jailbreaking process to complete? I went through the steps and it recognized my device and started the Jailbreaking process. But it has been stuck on the redsn0w screen that says "Please wait while your device is being jailbroken. Waiting for reboot". I have not yet seen the screen changed to say "Uploading ramdisk" and afraid to interfere with the processin any way. It's been almost an hour now with no screen change. Thanks.

• Man
    Man Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

jailbroke phone to 3.1 but vid editer dosent save and when move icons dosent vibrate !!!!!!!!????????

• Murat Varol
    via Wordpress

I have found a lot of itunes .ipa (games, applications, etc) but I can't use it with my itunes. How can I use it, is it possible or not?

• Top123
    Top123 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I got the same problem as Torbor. How do you solve the problem?Please send us some advice

• reeese
    reeese Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have successfully jailbroke my phone and i see the Cydia app on the home screen however whenever i attempt to pull of the app it wont load please help i am anxious to use the Winterboard themes for my iphone =)

• reese
    reese Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

the process should not be more than 5 mins try starting over and make sure you use the downloads from this site and make sure you upload the links for the programs on FireFox as they mentioned in the tips.

• decoder9
    decoder9 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I was having the same issue with redsn0w freezing on the reboot display . Then i tried using "iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" instead of the "iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw" and it worked great! Apparently i was using the ipsw for the 3G instead of the 3GS.

• El Borracho
    El Borracho Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Did my first jailbreak today following this, all went well started downloading apps themes etc. Downloaded a source (cant remember which one) and now Cydia opens for a few secs, doesnt load and then goes off, everything else works fine...? Re-jailbroke but Cydia still wont work and it kept everything i had installed before second jailbreak. Help anyone?

• mattonik
    mattonik Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hello,
    at first, thanks for this great apps.
    I have successfully updated and re-jailbroken my iphone, i can install apps from cydia, but i can't install apps with iTunes that i have downloaded to my pc (not through appstore). Can anybody help where could be the problem? Thanks

• Avista T
    Avista T Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Ok people - I messed around with this for days, tried to unlock one 3GS and two 3G phones and I kept on getting the 'No Service' message - essentially not taking any cards other than AT&T. I've read about people telling others to get newer sim cards, etc. Bad hypothesis.

I repeated the unlock process over and over again - and no luck.

After trying it countless times, I've figured out what the problem is. The issue occurs in the last suggested step of unlocking. I pre-maturely pressed Home and Power to restart. After you try to install purplesn0w or ultrasn0w (what I used), press the screen button that says something like 'reboot' - do NOT do the hard power+home button reset. Let the software completely finish installing the unlock software, and you'll be good to go.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

• Prawira Yapputra
    Prawira Yapputra Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi,I'm using it to unlock os 3.0.1...
    after it appear to done..
    the devices failed to reboot and become turn off...
    so i switch it on,and it still locked...
    someone please help me...

• Paul leddon
    Paul leddon Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Will jailbreaking allow me to use flash player?

• mattonik
    mattonik Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

finally i have found a solution, **** from hackulo.us is the right way...

• Rimoker
    Rimoker Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

Hi guys, I Jailbreak my Iphone 3g and everithing looks great. but when I sync the phone with I-tunes, my old APP that I downloded by APPULO were not installed on the phone even when I can see all the icons in I-tunes. Can anyone help me with that?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

The solution would be to buy the iPhone app from the App Store :)

• Rimoker
    via Wordpress

I woul like to add that all the free Apps where installed in the Iphone but just the Break Apps were not sync.

• Rimoker
    via Wordpress

so why do you jailbreak the phone?

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress

To install some great jailbreak apps that are not available on the App
    Store, definitely not to pirate iPhone apps available on the App Store.

• Rimoker
    via Wordpress

I am new on this. This is the first time that I jailbreak the iphone and I dont know if I did something wrong

• iPhoneHacks
    via Wordpress
  • Rimoker
    via Wordpress

so how I found those Apps? once the phone is jailbroken

• Suksant
    Suksant Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I'm on 3GS 16GB iPhone. I jaikbroke using redsnOw and unlocked using ultrasn0w. It works fine (with o2 sim). I'm abroad and using a local sim and it seems to work fine. But then there were times when the signal strength becomes 0 and I had to restart my iPhone. Turning on-off airplane mode doesn't help. I have to do this whenever the signal's gone. Is there anyway I can solve this issue? Did I do anything wrong when jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone? Thanks for all the helps...

• xtray
    xtray Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Hi, I have done it, but after the reboot I see the apple only. No answer nothing :(. What can I do????

• hansen
    hansen Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Hi IPhoneHacks,

I have my 3GS unlock by the company, i just want to know how can i install Cydia into my iphone now? do i have to jailbreak it?