Dev Team: RedSn0w can Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.0.1 and UltraSn0w can Unlock it

13»

Comments

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Yeah, you need to jailbreak to install Cydia, if you use redsn0w it will install it for you.

• Armani
    Armani Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hi any can help me jailbreak my iphone 3g 3.0.1 i have been tring for 3 days please

• Guido
    Guido Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have the 8gb 3G running 3.0.1. How do I downgrade back to 3.0???? PLEASE HELP

• Guido
    via Wordpress

the 3.0 firmware upgrade changed the name or extension or something that it used for the sms icon so the theme can't find the icon to change. You need to download google's iphoneBrowser and make some changed. It's too much for details now, but I found the "How to" by googling some thing like "sms icon theme won't work on iphone"....or something. There is info online about it. Good luck!

• Guido
    via Wordpress

PLEASE HELP! HAVE SPENT 2 DAYS ON THIS!

iPhone 3G 8gb running 3.0.1 - redsn0w .8 - Vista Home Premium 32bit

All "How To" guides and videos show that while using redsn0w 0.8, redsn0w has 2 screens after the “Please select which options you would like to have“: one in which redsn0w will ask you to make sure your device is both OFF and PLUGGED IN to your computer followed by rewsn0w asking to connect your device in DFU mode.

OK...well I don't get those 2 screens!!! After the “Please select which options you would like to have“, redsn0w just ask to "Please connect your device in Recovery Mode." and gives me a different set of instructions.

I follow these but the redsn0w crashes during "waiting for reboot".

PLEASE HELP! HAVE SPENT 2 DAYS ON THIS!

• goleafsgo
    goleafsgo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

perfect. thanks dudes

• bboy
    bboy Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

same thing has happened to me as Guido, also when i try to reboot with OS 3.0 itunes wont let me reboot with it...help please

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

Must first put your phone into recovery mode then...alt/option click on Restore and use your custom 3.0 ipsw u used to jailbreak when u had 3.0

• Jeff Fitzwater
    Jeff Fitzwater Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i jail broke my phone know it is stuck on the reboot screen and wont reboot what do i do. it just keeps recycling through the reboot screen.

• Mrpotato00
    Mrpotato00 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

ok i followed all instructions. it worked but after phone rebooted i have no at&t service. what the heck happened. can anyone help?

• robert.los@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I just bought an iphone 3GS with 3.0 software, and updated it already to 3.0.1. Infortunatly I can not clearly find how to jb my iPhone?!
    Does the clearly discribed step by step procedure still apply to me? As I don't have an 3.0 IPSW.

I find all the explanations very good (keep it up)!

But while there is so very much questions and comments and comments and advise it is not easy to keep track on the topic.

• Keith
    Keith Posts: 63
    via Wordpress

I had jailbreak the iphone 3G before and successful. But now after I restore OS 3.0.1 or OS 3.0 and want to jailbreak again. Failed every time. I followed all instructions. it worked until the "Done" but I just get a black screen on my iphone 3G that won’t go away. Then wait about 10~20 mins, the iphone restarted and nothing has changed.

• JDavis
    JDavis Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I found this review to be helpful. I've used RedSnow with success as the dev team keeps putting out better and better hacks out there. Thanks for the share!

• Guillermo Ibanez
    Guillermo Ibanez Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Hi, my question is quite simple.

If I unlock an iphon (i.e running under 3.0) an then install a new OS version using iTunes, Will it lock again?

Thanks.

• Klly
    Klly Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a problem. Everytime I go to jailbreak Iphone 3.0.1 and I select the 3.0 ISP, it goes, and then when I get to waiting for reboot in redsnow Windows comes up with some problem and it has to close..?

• kelvin617
    kelvin617 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

halo,kelvin here...few day ago my friends help me to jailbreak my iphone 3Gs 32 GB which i buy from maxis...when until reboot that time...we all wait 4very long time and din work...try a few time oso the same...so is that anyone can help???

thanks

• ec_13
    ec_13 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I am trying to jailbreak and unlock iphone 3G with 3.0.1 and have followed all the steps exactly mentioned in the instructions. For some reason I can get it jailbroken but I cannot unlock. Cydia is installed and I tried using yellowsn0w to unlock. doesn't work. I still get SIM failure error. Any suggestions?

• hsaccord@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

I upgraded to 3.0.1 and now it tells me to insert a valid sim card (using tmobile) to activate iphone in itunes. "No sim card installed Insert a valid sim with no pin lock to activate iphone' How can I fix this. I get this even before I start the jailbreaking process with RedSnow.

• hsaccord@yahoo.com
    via Wordpress

itunes says "itunes cannot activate your iphone because the sim card is not inserted or a sim pin is required. Disconnet your iphone, make sure the sim card is inserted correctly and, if you use a sim pin, tap unlock to enter it, and then reconnect your iphone'. I do not use a sim pin.

• cockatoo
    cockatoo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

This page helped alot, JBd the iphone couldn't install the opt-out apt without a complete lockup. Otherwise everything was fine and then all of a sudden the screen size expanded both horizontally and vertically. So much so that the dock is almost not visible. If anyone has a solution for this would be greatly appreciated.

• a girl lol
    a girl lol Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well Klly, you have to choose a 3.0.1 ISP or else it wont work.

• MrSweeede
    MrSweeede Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

'Hi, im using redsnow 0.8 right now and its stuck on uploading ramdisk. :( have been like this for 10 minutes. What shall I do?

Best Regards

Johan

• parmjatt007
    parmjatt007 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

well if u running vista run redsnow in administrator mode.you should be ok.