Dev Team Release PwnageTool 3.1 to Jailbreak iPhone OS 3.1

Comments

• adonaki09
    adonaki09 Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

Please help us poor windows users:)) This file that has been placed on here is for MAC users. I have tried converting it to an ISO and burning a disc but that proved fruitless. What do I do next? Is there a windows version due for release? I would so dearly love it now as I had to restore my phone to 3.1 due to my phone crashing. Please help..............................

• bocaj7777
    bocaj7777 Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

only mac os right now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bocaj7777
    via Wordpress

only mac os right now

• Thomas
    Thomas Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

It is for mac only, there is no windows support yet. wait a little longer and hopefully the dev team with release a windows jailbreak tool

• Bazza
    Bazza Posts: 13
    via Wordpress

its a shame that people dont read the comments...
    If they did, they wouldnt all be asking the same damn questions!!!

• bocaj7777
    via Wordpress
  • Superfreak
    Superfreak Posts: 47
    via Wordpress

Ok.... I have a simple question. I bought my Iphone 3GS about a month ago. I updated it to 3.1 when it came out recently. Now, I would like to jailbreak it and unlock it at some point. Will I be able to do this? Please let me know.

Thanks,

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress
  • Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

at some point yes.....right now - no

• geewhiz71
    geewhiz71 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

The update went okay for me on my iphone 3g. However I do not have an ATT logo at the top left. I just have the five bars and 3g so it appears I do not have service but I do. Google Sync also stopped working, I had to remove it and re-add it to get my contact/calender back.

Thanks deve team for this!

• Rob
    Rob Posts: 314
    via Wordpress

I'm confused. Using a Mac, have jailbroken/unlocked 3G running 3.0. Downloaded Pwnage 3.1 and ran it. Now it's asking for the .ipsw file. Is there a special 3.1 .ipsw to use? Do I use the same .ipsw from the 3.0 jailbreak? I would have thought the .dmg would've included the .ipsw... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• cody
    cody Posts: 101
    via Wordpress

I hate how everyone complains that the jb software doesn't come out fast enough. Keep in mind that the dev team is doing this for FREE and they aren't charging you anything.

If the dev team decided to charge you $$ for your jb and you didn't want to pay you'd most likely be screwed. So be patient and thankful! It's a lot of work probably!

Also for people who complain that Mac users can jb first are simply annoying. IPhone is made my Apple not Microsoft. I wouldn't expect to even be able to do anything on my Zune via OS X not to mention break into it and start hacking away. Apple and Microsoft are big competetors and Mac seems to be taking the lead since the past 2 versions of Windows seems to steal everything from Macs OS X. Not to mention the new Zune HD.

• Mikey
    Mikey Posts: 24
    via Wordpress

I'm willing to donate to the dev team. It's worth it to me. They work hard on this and deserve it. Just give me a name for the dev team and do they take paypal. Keep up the great work guys.

• ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

dev team guy's are doing GRATE job!! sinds the first genoration.
    in the past Pwange tool worked on Mac's with IBM prsseesor.

Pwange tool 3.0 didn't...
    so is there any wise guy who can tell me is the Pwonge tool for 3.1 work only on Mac with Intel prossesor. or also with Mac's with IBM prossesors??
    amy one?? hello..??? any one out there??

• bohara
    bohara Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

How do I tether after jailbreaking using the Pwange tool? I have an iPhone 3G running v. 3.1, and a Mac running OS X leopard.

• Iphone luver
    Iphone luver Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Just wanted to express my appreciation to the Dev Team. You guys have done a tremendous job providing for us :-) I got my 3GS in June, upgraded to 3.0.1 in July and Jailbroke it in August and have been loving it ever since. With all the apps that's available I dont see the need for 3.1 at this point and will probably stay on 3.0.1 for a while. More power to you Dev Team

• Thomas Burnett
    Thomas Burnett Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Ok I am stuck! I have the 3g and I just updated my iphone to the 3.1 and then tried to use the Pwnage tool on my MAC to jailbreak. When it gets to the part where it wants to find .ipsw it say it could not find it. However I downloaded theiPhone1,2_3.1_7C144_Restore.ipsw file and when i try to select it, it tell me that it's the wrong firmware. If it's the wrong firmware than which one do I need? Where can I get it? Thanks so much for your help guys!

• Howie
    Howie Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

GUYS, I know I'm an idiot. But I ACCIDENTALLY updated my iPhone 3G to 3.1 firmware through iTunes. So my phone is locked out and is as useless as a paperweight now. Will the DEV team EVER try to hack the baseband for people like me? I will FOREVER be grateful and will donate to whoever doing this.

• LWPeacock
    LWPeacock Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Damn!! I would not have gone out and bought the iPhone 3Gs if I had known it would have screw'd me out of the tethering hack >:-( I used it for work purposes. Why in the hell would they disable the damn thing anyway? Oh I forgot.. FREAKING GREEDY BASTARDS!!!

• ifonix
    ifonix Posts: 76
    via Wordpress

to Thomas Burnett,
    if you have MAC with IBM prossesor (imac befor 2006 for exs.) then wellcom to the club.
    i'm tring now for a time runing pawnge tool on iMAC G4 with IBM prossesor and it don't work!
    but work perfectly on my mac book with intell prossesor.

• steven
    steven Posts: 113
    via Wordpress

I NEED SERIOUS HELP

I have just got an iphone 3g 8gb

(PAID £150 and its not working i was ripped off!!!)

and its been restored

the firmware thats on there is 02.28.00

could some one please be kind and give me the step by step for jailbreaking and unlocking it

so i can use it otherwise i have just wasted my money
    :(

• Preston
    Preston Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

I have a question that I REALLY hope you guys can answer. I have the 3g on AT&T. I have used the pawnage tool many times and have read the Golden Rule. However, when redsnow came out I thought I would install it and use my wifes T-Mobile sim when I needed it, but I am not DEPENDED on the tmobile. So when 3.1 came out I updated it with Itunes. It is jail broken but I can not get service. Why is this? Did I break the golden rule?

• If there is hope then there is faith. Help is coming soon. You got guys behind the scenes with their heads together.

• Leon
    Leon Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

any word on PwnageTool 3.1 for windows. ??

• LordGeek
    LordGeek Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

To the Dev Team .. excellent work. BUT, what are the chances of developing a Windows release of PwnageTool 3.1 for us poor saps that do not own MACS ?? or better yet .. update your existing QuickPwn 2.25 to use the latest firmware releases instead of the old 2.xx firmware !!!

If not of the above 2 .. when can people expect the new release of RedSn0w ?

Thanks

• Coolwave
    Coolwave Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

wondering if you can use the Installer app for desktop to downgrade you iphone from 3.1 to 3.0 . I have a iphone 3g and my son updated my jailbroken iphone by mistake and i'm only have a PC.

• mike
    mike Posts: 489
    via Wordpress

hi, yes, when is the windows version comming? or can you tell us if you are even working on it??

if you are not working on it i will downgrade back to 3.0

just need a straight answer

• HelpClar
    HelpClar Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hey i am currently using iphone 3GS and version 3.1 is there any way for it to be jail broken now?

• Coolwave
    Coolwave Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

i'm using iphone 3G updated with 3.1 firmware. Is it possiable to get someone that has a mac computer to build a custom firmware using pwnagetool 3.1 and send it on here for people to download that are using window computers, and then use itunes to restore the iphone with the customer firmware.