Dev Team: Re-Jailbreak iPhone 3GS After Accidentally Upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team: Re-Jailbreak iPhone 3GS After Accidentally Upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1

iPhone 3GS users who had accidentally upgraded to iPhone OS 3.1 have reported that it was not possible to downgrade to iPhone OS 3.0 or iPhone OS 3.0.1 as Apple has stopped signing older iPhone firmware files. iPhone Dev Team claim that some users (not all) who have accidentally upgraded...

Read the full story here

Comments

• pauldta
    pauldta Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

My iphone 3gs was updated to 3.1.But the modem firmware is 05.11.07.So can i jailbreak and unlock it ?

• Flame Red
    Flame Red Posts: 42
    via Wordpress
  • nsfw
    nsfw Posts: 35
    via Wordpress
  • mbhullar
    mbhullar Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

First in order to downgrade to 3.0 you have to be one of those lucky one's that allowed Saurik's server to capture your signature files. If that's not the case you may still be able to jailbreak 3.1, there are rumors that an exploit may have been found.

However, remember when you downgrade to 3.0 your modem firmware will not get downgraded, so unless a new exploit is found to unlock you are out of luck with a software solution.

Ideally you needed to wait for the Pwnage tool that allows you to upgrade/jailbreak to 3.1 while still keeping your firmware to the older version. Hope that helps or at least clarify what is possible.

• davidc.neto@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

And how about iPhone 3G users who had accidentally upgraded to iPhone OS 3.1??? This post only say about iphone 3GS users.

• mbhullar
    via Wordpress

For 3G users who accidently upgraded to OS 3.1 they can still jailbreak their phone using the new pwnage tool. Unfortunately their baseband is also upgraded and there is no way at least at this time to downgrade that, hence unlocking will not be possible till a new exploit is found.

Furthermore, I am fairly certain that you can downgrade 3G phone to OS 3.0, the restrictions are only for 3GS users.

• Wy
    Wy Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

? if i downgrade my 3G phone to 3.0 will i be able to jailbreak it to use tethering?

• mbhullar
    via Wordpress

Sorry Wy, I don't know the answer since the baseband will not get downgraded, don't know what impact it has, but pretty sure someone on this board will know the answer.

• JB
    JB Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

I upgraded to 3.1 with my 3G but i'm not too techy. I read the board on how to downgrade to 3.0 but not sure how to get started. Can anyone help?

• new_iphone3gs
    new_iphone3gs Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I bought an iPhone 3G S just today and I want to use it on other mobile networks, Any tips? It has a 3.1 software.

• garron
    garron Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

where can i re-jailbreak?

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Please help. I have a 3GS with 3.0.1 software. I jailbroke it and then tried to unlock it with ultrasn0w. It went through with a reboot and froze from there. when i plug it into itunes, it says the iphone is in recovery mode and needs to be restored. When itry to restore it, it wants to put 3.1 on. I tried to direct it to restore with 3.0.1 but i get an error message that says "The Iphone "iphone" could not be restored. This device isn't eligible for the requested build." How can I restore this back to 3.0.1 and jailbreak and unlock it? Thanks...

• adam
    adam Posts: 122
    via Wordpress

I bought an iPhone 3Gs and it has the 3.1 firmware on it. Is there a jailbreak for that yet? I'm worried that if I jailbreak it, my contacts will be erased. There is no way that this could happen right? Should I wait to jailbreak my phone?

• KyleRG
    KyleRG Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I'm in the same boat as Adam my 3gs came with 3.1 already on it. I don't need an unlock I just need the jailbreak. Is there anyway to jailbreak?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Currently there is no method available to jailbreak iPhone 3GS running
    iPhone OS 3.1.

• michael parasdas
    michael parasdas Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

my friend's 3g has froze for months.i gave it a try to fix it.dfu mode,connected to itunes then restored it...when done its on 3.1 already with modem firmware 05.11.07
    its working perfectly...did i just got lucky or what?or this is just how its supposed to be?

• Sam
    Sam Posts: 218
    via Wordpress

Believe me Yes, you can restore your iphone 3gs with 3.1 to 3.0 or jailbreak 3gs with 3.1 . Finally after playing around my Iphone, I did it today with a new iphone 3gs running 3.1 version. Here what I did, if you have any old backup from 3g iphone, you will be able to do it. After I got my new iphone today 9/23. I didn't set it up as a new iphone, instead I restored from old jailbroken unlocked backup 3g iphone that had 3.0.1 version. That's it, go a head and do it. Believe me it works. Now my new iphone is running 3.0.1 and I did do iphone tethring also without any problems. Enjoy

• Simon
    Simon Posts: 134
    via Wordpress

I upgraded my new iphone 3gs to 3.1 by mistake. i do not know what unlocking means or jail breaking means. but i want everything free now. does anyone know a step b y step process to help me with these things? i will hook you up with a swank place to stay on the beach in aussie if you can simplify this quirky conundrum for me. thanks. simonmack@hotmail.com

• vineesh
    vineesh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

have you got any solution for this, i am having the simila problem with my 3gs 3.0.1 iphone.please reply me to vineeshm@gmail.com

• vineesh
    vineesh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

have solve this . i am having same problem here.please reply me to vineeshm@gmail.com

• Ashley
    Ashley Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I just upgradedmy phone : ( and now my Internet tethering doesn't work anymore : ( I'm so bummed any advice? Thanks Ashley

• igrd@igrd.com
    igrd@igrd.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i have a 3gs with 3.0 unlocked and jailbroke that has freezed up. if i restore it wants to restore to updated version (3.1 i guess). i tried to install redsnow again and then see if it would work, but it still froze and i still get message from itunes that it will be updated when restored. is there a way to restore and keep old info, 3.0, jailbreak and unlock without the update from apple to 3.1?
    thanks, steve

• Steve
    Steve Posts: 326
    via Wordpress

damn, put the email address in wrong place. please edit out if possible.

• Peter
    Peter Posts: 110
    via Wordpress

I am on the same boat as pauldta. My iphone 3gs was updated to 3.1.But the modem firmware is 05.11.07. All I need to do is waitting for dev team 3.1 firmware come out. The question is when?

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

i have not found a solution yet.

• gino
    gino Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

Yes - the tethering is not part of the baseband - jailbreak it again if you can and tethering will return as an option. You cannot unlock the sim for use on another carrier however.

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

First, Download the funambol app from Apple's app store. Create an account, and sync contacts there. This works over 3g/edge and wifi.

After jailbreaking, if your contacts are missing, go into funambol Settings (on the phone) and choose Cleanup, and then do another sync.

• SIets
    SIets Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i'm in the just got a 3gs, just want jailbreak, OS 3.1 firm 05.11.07? Can I go to a friends mac? or from the billions of posts Ive read, will that not work for current 3.1 mac release?

• B
    B Posts: 37
    via Wordpress

Dev team i hope you guys find a way to jailbreak the 3gs OS 3.1 i miss my jailbreak =o(

• Stan smith
    Stan smith Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

If you've upgraded from 3g to 3gs then it's possible your using the 3g firmware and not the 3gs. They are different.