AdMob Report Reveals Poor Adoption of iPhone OS 3.1

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageAdMob Report Reveals Poor Adoption of iPhone OS 3.1

It is now close to two weeks since Apple released the iPhone OS 3.1. and according to a new report published by the mobile advertising network AdMob, only 23% of iPhone users have already upgraded to the new iPhone OS 3.1 based on the ad requests coming from iPhone OS...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Lord Evil
    Lord Evil Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I haven't upgraded because no jailbreak for 3.1 on windows has been released yet. I have mms working on my 3.0 3g so I'm not complaining.

• Fingers21
    Fingers21 Posts: 243
    via Wordpress

Just shows how many people jailbreak doesn't it! Maybe apple should take the hint and include all the features that people jailbreak for! Simple things like having tour own pictures as background!

• Chase
    Chase Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

That's my reason for not upgrading as well. I fell in love with my iPhone all over again after enabling mms yesterday. But Apple should have thought the iPhone out in more depths than they did. Especially when their competition is the WackBerry.

• Jacky Chan
    Jacky Chan Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Even if there was a 3.1 jailbreak for 3GS, I still wouldn't upgrade to it since there's a lot of problems associated with it.

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 48
    via Wordpress

Agree with Jacky Chan, shoukd use stable version.

• PsychoKiller
    PsychoKiller Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

i havent upgraded because There is no jailbreak for os 3.1 i love my iPhone with 3.0 jailbreak, think you Dev-team for all.

• dave
    dave Posts: 389
    via Wordpress

Im still running on 3.0 due to the fact i can tether without jail breaking.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

I did not upgrade because there is no jailbreak for the iPhone 3G S and also there are some problems with the 3.1 , and there are not much features in it.

iPhone Hacks you are doing a Good Job!

• luca
    luca Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Well my major reason is that users with 3.1 have had a lot of problems. My friends iphones with 3.1 are getting bricked, turning off by it self, getting stuck in the phone call screen and much more. my other reason is the jail break but I installed the MMS feature manually and I have the best of both worlds, so in conclusion You do not need to switch to 3.1 to have everything you want and as an opinion of mine the 3.1 upgrade its like a bug.

• terry
    terry Posts: 28
    via Wordpress

I also haven't upgraded because there is no jailbreak for the OS for my 3Gs. The battery-rumors with 3.1 haven't helped.

• DeathSpellOmega
    DeathSpellOmega Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

its simple the iphone without jailbreak its not iphone. tnx dev and all iphone hacks team

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

I'm running 3.1 and waiting for the jailbreak. My 3.1 seems to be running perfectly fine.

• Yalin
    Yalin Posts: 17
    via Wordpress

Without jb i feel like my phone is useless or limited alot.i am on 3.0 and its seems to work out fine for me.sick of restoring everything again again btw.and sick of apples sucking firware :)

• asd
    asd Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

Just upgraded my Iphone 2G to 3.1. Works good so far.
    Downloaded a pre-built customized firmware 3.1 (use google) for Iphone 2G and just restored using Itunes 9.0.1.

• hip2bfit
    hip2bfit Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I agree with several comments on here - I upgraded to 3.1 and have had a host of issues with it. My wife has refused to upgrade because she learned from my mistake, if she has a problem, she can't rollback to the previous version - Apple should loosen the noose... I think many previously loyal customers have lost faith in their "Apple" after they decided to put a strangle hold on their consumers out of fear of jailbreakers and the like. Shame on you Apple... What ever happened to the "freedom to think outside the box" - I would akin their behavior to Microsoft forcing windows users to upgrade to Windows 7. I own this hardware and should be able to run whatever software I wish to run on it - any previously released version of the iPhone OS...

• Tsuna-kun
    Tsuna-kun Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have an iPod touch 2g and there's still no jailbreak on 3.1. I'm not going to pay to get so few features, and lose all the ones from jailbreaking.

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

I've upgraded to 3.1 since it came out and so far I haven't had any problems on my iPhone 3GS.

• Vishnu
    Vishnu Posts: 199
    via Wordpress

Yeah me too , i going to wait for 3.1.2 , iPhone dev team is purposely not releasing the hack for 3gs i dont know why?

• jim
    jim Posts: 128
    via Wordpress

I have 2G iPhone jailbroken and never have any problem until I upgraded to 3.1, My iphone get very hot after some use of safari and have shut down for a few minutes before turn it on again, battery life drain 10% faster and wifi is very slow.
    I think Apple is leaving 2G and 3G behind.
    Bye 3.1 and hello 3.0
    My phone is being down graded to 3.0 right now

• Gecko IX
    Gecko IX Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I wonder if apple is ever gonna giv in and accept the fact that a lot of hardcore iPhone users (the ones that they should really b concerned about satisfying) cannot live without their jailbreaks....

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

definitely not getting 3.1 i will stay on 3.0 i am fully jb and have mms and tethering and everything else I need and want. not taking the headaches that comes with that update

• toni_castle
    toni_castle Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

screw 3.1 I have 3.0 running with mms on my 3gs so apple better put out an amazing upgrade for me to move forward.

• Vahan
    Vahan Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Same here. Was using MMS for months now on my 3GS with 3.0 actually I'm on 3.0.1 but thats the same as 3.0

• a.vasquez197@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I upgraded to firmware 3.1 and i wish i never did, 3.0 was by far one of the stablest firmware out and this is coming from a WM phone user...3.1 is very unstable and the fact that i cant jailbreak is a huge plus. I mean with WM u can do w/e u like to the device,from changing UI's,editing registries, changing carrier settings, adding cabs,unlocking it to install bloat less roms. I mean come on apple, in 3.1.1 or w.e it should be called, just put it back how it was and let the dev team do what they do best, if u dont... they still will figure it out anyway in no time and it will make u guys look like jackA#@!s

• Los1015
    Los1015 Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

there is a jailbreak for tha 3.1 on windows, look it up on YouTube n ull find it but there IS NOT AN UNLOCK for it, for those who need to unlock. But im still on 3.0 cuz from wut ive seen n read tha 3.1 jailbreak is causing lots of probs n its not working properly, so ill just wait for tha next upgrade if its any beter. MMS finally got to us iPhone users n people u DO NOT NEED to be on 3.1.

• Mettur
    Mettur Posts: 6
    via Wordpress

I am an unfortunate soul, I downgraded my 3GS to 3.1. Ever since, my iPhone is slow and battery lasts only about 60%-70% of the time as it used to with 3.0.1.

All effect to correct including restoring to new status did not fix the problem.

• Fleur
    Fleur Posts: 21
    via Wordpress

Stayed with 3.0 on my 3G due to lots of issues with 3.1.

I never upgrade immediately, I always wait for some feedback before upgrading.

Anyway, 3.0 is very stable and 3.1 doesn't bring real new features nor solves 3.0 important issues.

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

Im staying at 3.01 simply because of the thetering option. I will not upgrade unless there is one released.

• Rewjr
    Rewjr Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I've been extremely happy with my 3.0 JB. I run categories, backgrounder, numeric status, weather on my lock-screen. Also I still have tethering if I need it (not often, but it's nice when you need it). A new background task manager called Kirikae makes switching/killing a multi-tasker's dream. It will take major new features to get me to "upgrade" at this point.

• Devin
    Devin Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

I'm getting an iPhone 3g Wednesday, and I'm not gonna update to 3.1
    I mainly want the jailbreak so I can install cracked apps, but the battery life and overheating issues are another reason for me not to upgrade
    Plus its less stable(or so I've heard)