AT&T Customers: Is MMS Working on your iPhone?

Comments

• Playafied
    Playafied Posts: 55
    via Wordpress

Did the carrier update manually (thanks to one of the links in "MMS feature is Now Live for AT&T's iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS Customers" comments section) and it works beautifully... Have a iPhone 3G jailbroken w/ 3.0.1

• JT (Chicago)
    JT (Chicago) Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have a iPhone 3g jailbroken on 3.0 firmware I used a mms hack for my iPhone without upgrading to 3.1 my mms works great but I'm pissed off because I can't send video messeges I have cycorder like WTF you know.....it should give me a option for video messeges also I'm challenging the iPhone 3g community to come out with a hack to add option to send video messeges on the iPhone 3g

If anyone can do this it's iPhone dev team so iPhonehacks.com make it happen

• Sam McKenna
    Sam McKenna Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

working perfectly for me

• dageekster29@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I have a a 3g and it does not send or receive

• Domo
    Domo Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

There's an outage in Some Michigan areas, Detroit/Ypsilanti/Ann arbor and mostly everywhere....this sucks asss crack

• Daniel
    Daniel Posts: 173
    via Wordpress

Working perfect for me on 3.1 carrier 5.5

• Stuart
    Stuart Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

If you have a 3g or 3gs jailbroken phone on any firmware from 2.2.1, 3.0, or 3.0.1 you can still get the update without having to update to 3.1 all you have to do is download FWchanger is a program that lets you change you firmware number, after you download, set the custom firmware to 3.1 build 7C144 and then reboot your phone after that plug phone in to computer,open itunes and the carrier update should be available for you to update without really having to update to 3.1 and after updating dont forget to reboot your phone, dont respring turn your phone off then on, hope this help most of you.

• Predator
    Predator Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

So I downloaded the 5.5 AT&T update, on jailbroken 3G running 3.0. The photo icon appeared in messaging but when I tried sending a photo it would get to 90% and time out. After trying it 4-5 times, I called AT&T and found out 2 things that fixed mms for me. 1st they had my phone labeled as a 2G on my account. Remember, 2G is not supported. 2nd mms was not added to my account. After they corrected both issues, mms works, and works great. Hope that helps out.

• Evan B
    Evan B Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I plugged my phone in and started itunes, there's no message coming up for a carrier update. I'm running 3.0 software on the phone (jailbroken) and v9.0 itunes...

• me
    me Posts: 220
    via Wordpress

i don't care if it works. Ill never used it. MMS is what you had to do before your phone had email. I honestly don't know anybody who doesn't have email service to their phone.

Yeah it sucks that Apple and AT&T had to take over 2.5 years to implement something as archaic as MMS. I guess they had to since so many waterheads were complaining about not having this crap. Just like there are still people just like Joe Diertie (quit sugar coating it boy, Its dirt) with mullets listening to Freebird in their Train Am.

• Evan B
    Evan B Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Wow, this really worked. Thanks man!

• laurnzo
    laurnzo Posts: 35
    via Wordpress

@me.. I think you are the one who sound outdated, MMS as well as sms is a quick way of sending message or pics to someone without having to go through the trouble of going through the whole mail thing.

And yes, a lot of people don't have email on their phones so it's convenient for them to receive mms rather than having to get home, work or coffee shop to get to their emails. I for one have an iphone so i have both options but some friends, and bosses of mine don't.

Also i believe, comments here was meant for AT&T iphone uses, who MMS is not working so if your have a hack from where ever and its been working since whenever, just shush it, we don't need to hear from you.

Thank You for reading.

• luca
    luca Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMpzYrsHeJM

follow the instructions and you are good to go.

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

Working perfect for me on 3.0 along with tethering.....

• je
    je Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

works for me! iphone 3g 3.1os(unfortunately, didnt read before updating now my iphone isn't jailbroken anymore) anyone know if theres an expected time for redsnow to come out with a 3.1 hack program? I miss my jailbroken iphone! Having mms helps a little though..

• ej
    ej Posts: 19
    via Wordpress

Did you restart your iPhone?

• Jeff
    Jeff Posts: 126
    via Wordpress

I HAVE BEEN USINGS MMS AND PICTURE MMS FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW. I JUST UPDATED TO 3.1 LAST WEEK, AND I HAVE IT UNLOCKED+JAILBROKEN AND EVERYTHING WORKS FINE...I AM AN APPLE DEVELOPER AND ALWAYS LOVE TESTING OUT THE NEW SOFTWARE AND GIVING A GREAT REPORT ON IPHONEHACKS.COM.... I WORKED FOR AT&T FOR THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK....JKATZ3466@GMAIL.COM

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

I got the 5.0 carrier update to work for OS 3.0 that gave me MMS, however I now get errors when I attempt to send a message to a large group of people. The title at the top of the window says Group MMS and then errors and says try sending in MobileSMS when I turn off the MMS under Messages in Settings it sends it out as a regular text message. Has anyone else had that problem? It sucks for me cause I send out a bunch of mass texts like that I dont want to have to keep turning the MMS off to send out these Mass texts

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

Well I followed the instruction at www.benm.at/att and that updated my carrier to 5.1. I now have the option in settings>messages to turn MMS On or Off.

But the problem is I cannot send picture messages. The send progress bar gets to around 90%, and just stops there, then I get a message indicating sending failed. :(

• Colt
    Colt Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I'm jailbroken on 3.1 and the MMS is working like a champ

• mstadiumvision
    mstadiumvision Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

It might be working, I'm just not sure yet as it's taken now 2 days for my wife, who is also on ATT with an iPhone, to receive it.

For the record, I have the latest software, carrier upgrades and did reboot BOTH phones. I should have printed the picture and walked it to my wife, 10 feet away. It would have arrived much faster.

• Patrick
    Patrick Posts: 124
    via Wordpress

What carrier version does everyone have. I used the hack from BenM, and I'm currently at 5.1 and unable to send messages. It reaches 90% and errors out saying it failed to send. I also on O.S 3.01 and iTunes 9.0.

• Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

I have the camera button now, but keep getting the red !. Where do you get this 5.5 carrier update file? I don't want to update to OS 3.1, so I can't seem to get iTunes to download it.

I watched the YouTube video from the comments, and it had a link to a website with some instructions and a carrier file. Now my phone says it has Carrier file 5.1. Is this a problem?

3G
    OS 3.0.1
    not jailbroken

• Brad
    Brad Posts: 54
    via Wordpress

Amen - MMS is totally pointless. It's like email that you get to pay extra for and your characters are limited. Gee, where do I sign up?

• Wvguy
    Wvguy Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Pictures work fine to send. Videos sometimes dont send though!

• Steveo
    Steveo Posts: 60
    via Wordpress

Where do you get the 5.5 carrier update file???

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

I did not receive the SMS from ATT on how to dl the fix. Does anyone know?

please email
    dieselxdan@gmail.com

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 383
    via Wordpress

I could not send. Called ATT, they said I was on the wrong data plan. Changing to the "proper" data plan would cost an additional $15/month. I declined.

• Sam T
    Sam T Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I Have 3.1 - I have sent out 3 MMS TXT's - none have been received by the recipient. I have been sent MMS txt's but have received none. So... I am having issues