Geohot Releases blackra1n to Jailbreak Any iPhone and iPod Touch Running iPhone OS 3.1.2

Comments

• Who Me
    Who Me Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Can you still tether if you upgrade and jailbreak with Blackra1n? That's the only thing that's kept me from upgrading. I'd miss my tether. LOL

• ryu_190185
    ryu_190185 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

just got an iphone 3gs version 3.1. Can i jailbreak it using this software and how do it do it? by the way, what does it mean by unlocking the phone?

• Nathan
    Nathan Posts: 40
    via Wordpress

Hello
    I have a 3G 8gb with 3.1.2. All I have to do it run blackra1n and my iPhone will be jailbroken?

• angel
    angel Posts: 81
    via Wordpress

cant get phone to work have tried hoding power and middle button.. was i suppossed to update to 3.12 before running blackrain... i was updating my 3.0 jailbroken iphone

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

If you don't care about unlocking your iPhone then you can restore your iPhone from iTunes, which will update it to iPhone OS 3.1.2 (but will also update its baseband so if you care about unlocking then don't restore it) and try using blackra1n again to jailbreak it.

• Crisss
    Crisss Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

hey guys i just got my 3G and all i want is to use the 3G network on my phone to surf the internet on my laptop! Whats the best way to do that? I understand that i have to jailbreak it before, but what happens next? do i need any apps??
    thanks a lot

• hae
    hae Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

how the heck do you do this? T__T

• Danzon01
    Danzon01 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Has anyone else experienced shortened battery life since update or is it just me?

• Javier
    Javier Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I have a 2g running 3.0 jailbroken and unlocked with ATT. Can I restore, upgrade to 3.1.2 and then use blackrain and be able to jailbrake it and unlock it again?

Thanks

• Jared
    Jared Posts: 67
    via Wordpress

I just erased and restored everything but the recovery mode is still stuck on. What do I do now?

• AL3XOVNI PR
    AL3XOVNI PR Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

SO Easy and SO Fast that I said, It Didn't Work.. But Yes.. It was IN !! I can"t believe how extra super simple it was !! I'm shock can you notice? hahaha

• Michel
    Michel Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

If anyone can help me I would be so grateful! I read through all these comments and nothing has quite described the situation I am having. My phone is upgraded to 3.1.2 software, so i was so excited to see a jailbreak for this finally! BUT... the blackra1n gets stuck in "running" mode and my phone gets stuck with the "connect usb to itunes" logo on it. I am forced to shut off and restart the phone to get it back to normal, but have retried blackrain 4 times and always get the same problem. Any ideas?

• Michael
    Michael Posts: 316
    via Wordpress

Can Blackra1n jailbreak iPod Touch 1st Generation 2.2.1

• natalia
    natalia Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Omg I'm going to cry, okay please someone help with my problem. I have an 8G 3rd Generation IPOD TOUCH not iphone. and I totally do not kno or remember my passcode, so I downloaded this blackra1n because it claims it clears the whole iPod Touch? So I downloaded it and i've ran it but it stays on "entering recovery..." and iTunes won't open my iPod either because of my passcode. And this is not the original computer I first synced my iPod with...we got rid of that computer a while ago. What do I do? Is there anything I can do? Any other program that will get through my problem? Email me please (at Natalia137293c4@aol.com) or respond on this website. Thanks so much for the person who answers my problem. I will seriously cry if I get it to work :)

• hin1678@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hi I'm use 3gs 3.1, I'm success to install blackrain and rock but when I try use some app. still not work and another jailbreak app can install to my phone.
    Can some body help???

• mike g
    mike g Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

ive tried all the steps exactly as described above and once i run black rain in dfu mode i have the itunes logo on the phone then it goes to a brick screen (black screen) and it just sits there. balckrain says that its jail broken but when i reboot i dont have the blackrain logo. ive tried this about 15 times following all the steps on here and on youtube but still cant get it to work. i've even restored the phone via itunes, still nothing. i have an iphone 3g running 3.1.2. can snyone help?

• kbtat2
    kbtat2 Posts: 9
    via Wordpress

I tried every "fix" there is, in every possible way but nothing ever worked. I finally just relinquished myself to the fact that I had lost jailbreak ability for a while. I then tried blackra1n on a different computer and it worked in seconds.
    To everyone having problems, try a different computer.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

well i am jailbreaked with blackra1n, i have lost sbsettings as well as winterboard doesnt work at all. Also cant get quickreplysms to work and cyntact and a host of other cydia apps and extensions that I had to work anymore. So I am jailbroke but very limited in what I have and what i can do.

• Wolverinemarky
    Wolverinemarky Posts: 518
    via Wordpress

well i am jailbreaked with blackra1n, i have lost sbsettings as well as winterboard doesnt work at all. Also cant get quickreplysms to work and cyntact and a host of other cydia apps and extensions that I had to work anymore. So I am jailbroke but very limited in what I have and what i can do.

• Chris
    Chris Posts: 736
    via Wordpress

I haven't donted yet... but when I can, I will. this kicks ass.

• Joe
    Joe Posts: 450
    via Wordpress

Does anyone know of a way to jailbreak a 3GS 3.0.1 without updating the baseband (still want to unlock it)?

• ryu_190185
    via Wordpress

will this change my baseband and affect restore to original OS if anything goes wrong?

I am using iphone 3gs OS 3.1.. have not jailbreak before. can i use this to jailbreak my phone?

• ryu_190185
    via Wordpress

to make my question clearer, how to i go about jailbreaking with blackrain? is it to update to 3.1.2 first then jailbreak with blackrain? Also by, jail breaking with blackrain, what does it mean by cannot unlock my phone? i am from singapore and i believe my phone is already unlock

• Blade
    Blade Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

hey guys am i correct??

upgrade 3.0 to 3.1.2 thru itunes then jailbreak it usingb blackra1n??

my phone has not yet been jailbreak or unlock

• W
    W Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

maybe this might help for those who are stuck at running and using windows vista.

1. In windows defender, enable itunes to startup when windows starts.
    2. If you have tweaked your background processes before, enable "Apple mobile devices" to automatic.
    Start button > under search type services
    3. If your phone is stuck at running, press and hold both power and home button and it will attempt to reboot. Release once you see the apple logo. blackra1n will tell you phone is jailbroken. Check and see if the blackra1n icon is inside.
    4. If not jailbroken, close itunes and blackra1n. open blackra1n and try again
    5. Repeat step 3 onwards until you get GeoHot's pict.

Do not try to run blackra1n under winxp sp2 compatibility as it will not work.

• arano@gmail.com
    arano@gmail.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress
  • dougstlr9
    dougstlr9 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i tried running this and it didnt work
    then i held the two buttons when it powerd down and released and it still didnt work , and suggestions?

• blusharky
    blusharky Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

That was great. I had been wanting to jailbreak my 3G with 312 installed but didnt want to go through all the hassle of the other methods. I will definitely be donating to the cause. Now can you disable the photo radar cameras everywhere too. hahah.

• Al_X
    Al_X Posts: 22
    via Wordpress

Hey quick help :)
    I have my 3G[S] on 3.0 with 5.0 ATT carrier
    I have it jailbroken. I don't care for the unlock.
    What should I do to get to 3.1.2, jailbroken and with out having to restore my phone.
    thanks in advance.

• Darryl
    Darryl Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

so do u have to have a simcard in the phone for it to work????