Dev Team Issues Warning to iPhone Jailbreakers or Unlockers to Avoid Upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1.2

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageDev Team Issues Warning to iPhone Jailbreakers or Unlockers to Avoid Upgrading to iPhone OS 3.1.2

Apple has just released iPhone OS 3.1.2 (7D11) for iPhone and iPod Touch users, which includes number of fixes and improvements. iPhone Dev Team has just issued a warning to users who have jailbroken or unlocked their iPhone to avoid updating your device with the latest iPhone OS. iPhone Dev...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Jeremiah Canlas
    Jeremiah Canlas Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i was excited abt the pwnagetool that geohot will realease ~ but then apple~ wow this is sad :(

• bastian gatten
    bastian gatten Posts: 43
    via Wordpress

Looks like apple is ahead of the game. I am still at 3.0.1.

• huff
    huff Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Yea. Is it even beneficial to wait for Sn0wbreeze now?

• David
    David Posts: 225
    via Wordpress

does this mean sn0wbreeze will not work now for fw3.1?

• huff
    huff Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

Reading iH8sn0w's twitter it appears sn0wbreeze will delayed to accommodate 3.1.2 which he says will be easy.

• Petre Cristescu
    Petre Cristescu Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hi everyone,

I've just updated my iPhone 3GS to iPhone OS 3.1.2 and I noticed that the baseband did not upgrade from 05.11.07 (baseband of iPhone OS 3.1).
    My iPhone is factory unlocked, so no problem for the unlock, but will there be any jailbreak available soon for 3.1.2?

I hope that Sn0wbreeze that is due to be released soon will support iPhone OS 3.1.2.

• Tankueray
    Tankueray Posts: 18
    via Wordpress

I think it said that blackra1n works for unlock. It's not out yet, but it will be soon.

I'm hoping you meant baseband 5.11.09 or else you're very special and many devs would like to talk to you. And possibly quantum physics professors...

• Kim
    Kim Posts: 29
    via Wordpress

I hope it is OK to ask this question here. I have read many many posts and am only more confused. I an very non technical and don't understand most of what I read. Here is the scenario:

We have t-mobile service. My son bought a unlocked iphone 3g. It worked perfectly fine. Not knowing not to do it he updated his itunes. Now we cannot get it to work. Does this mean the phone is trashed? Did he just waste $400.00? Does anyone have any advice for us?

Any help (in laymans terms) is greatly appredciated.

• rolisqo
    rolisqo Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

whats firmware is he running on his iphone3g he needs at least a 3.0 firmware to run his iphone 3g on itunes 9

• TimW
    TimW Posts: 430
    via Wordpress

It sounds like when he updated his iTunes (to 9x) he updated the firmware (OS) to 3.1/3.1.2 which took away his Jailbreak (i'm assuming his iPhone wasn't a factory unlocked but an Ultrasn0w unlock. aka soft unlock)
    No, his phone isn't trashed (i hope)
    Can you go to~ Settings/General/About and give us the Version and code in brackets?
    If it says 3.0 (7A341) you should be able to re-jailbreak (full instructions available via this site)
    If it says 3.1 (7C144) then your needing to wait for the official Jailbreak which should be soon. If you have a Mac, you can do the JB now (instruction again from this site)
    Hope this helps

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Forgot to add, if it was unlocked with ultrasn0w, you can only use the carrier (network) sim that the phone was originally on, eg: O2 (uk) ATT, or other USofA networks
    Loss of Ultrasn0w (*sn0w* is with a zero NOT an 'o') will remove 'unlock status)
    If and when you re-jailbreak, do a search for the Ultrasn0w repo and follow the instructions on how to install

ALL IS NOT LOST :-) iPhoneHacks is your friend (as are 99% of it's users)

• gothic
    gothic Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Hi guys ive a question, ive a UK 02 3g Iphone ver: 3.0.1, i Jailbreaked it, and im loving it, nice custom back grounds so on.....neways.. what is the highest version i can go to. 3.1 ?

and are there any step by step instructions i need on how to do this.
    also will doing all this lose info on my phone ?

• MO
    MO Posts: 132
    via Wordpress

no it is 5.11.7...as is mine in the uk on the 3gs running 3.1 firmware

• MAHENDRA
    MAHENDRA Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

hmmm,,,WHAT ABOUT THIS; CAN YOU DOWNLOAD THE OLD ITUNES VERSION AND THEN RESTORE YOUR IPHONE ON IT.WILL THIS TAKE YOU BACK TO A OLDER OS AND BASEBAND??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.IF THIS IZ POSSEBLE THEN WE ARE ALL SAVE,,,PLZ ANSWER IF YOU KNOW about these things!!!!!!!!!!!

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Stick with 3.0.1 unless you have a Mac.
    3.1 will uninstall ALL your JB apps & Cydia/Icy
    Wait for the 3.1.x JB software to be released, shouldn't be too long, there's a few Dev's working on different things.
    GeoHot & Appuloha1l have plans.
    look for ferociousbird too (google)

FULL JB instructions are usually made public and contained within the release (or come back here as IPH usually list them as standard)

• TimW
    via Wordpress

Yup, i did that.....but it worked for a /short/ while before going **** up on me. now have a 3G on 3.0.1 (JB'd) & a 3G on 3.1.2 (bog standard)
    I'm going to wait as i learned from my mistake

• metromepmb
    metromepmb Posts: 36
    via Wordpress

tutut this is why you don't give children expensive things they don't understand :P

You will need to identify what version of the iphone firmware under settings it has been upgraded to. If he's updated the firmware to 3.1.2 the phone cannot be used with t-mobile until and if a hack comes out.

In the meantime give him a good telling off for messing around and his punishment is no iphone till a hack comes out. Lol had it been before ultrasn0w you may have been waiting months :P

• zincmask
    zincmask Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have a apple iphone 3gs, that came with 3.0, and have 3.1 now. I have never JB before. So, is Blackra1n the solution to my situation? Thanks!

• Stevo
    Stevo Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

help!!! i accidently installed os 3.2.1 on my unlocked iphone (2g). what can i do now?? am i screwed?

• RAM
    RAM Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Well, it seems it is a bit TOO MUCH late to read about you guys, i just downloaded the latest OS 3.1.2 and here i am with locked iphone (i'm in Lebanon- Middle east and bought my iphone from France) thus it is not originally unlocked.
    However i am seeing lots of "Except you have a MAC" i do have a mac, how this could help me to restore my iphone 3G to unlock it and jailbreak it.

Thanks for your help,

Ram

• James
    James Posts: 258
    via Wordpress

um is the new update for jailbreak iphone out yet?
    i still uses the 3.0.1 version
    plz help
    i'm still new to this
    i dont get it, my iphone was jailbreak then given to me

• Desperate
    Desperate Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I'm in the same EXACT boat as kim here, except the idiot in my case is my younger brother. He upgraded the firmware to 3.1, I do have a mac but very little experience in this area. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

• Will
    Will Posts: 104
    via Wordpress

guys is it gona take too long for the 3.1.2 jailbrakor to be released????i mean more than a month from now :s

• RAM
    via Wordpress

Ok... Guys... it seems i'm stuck again, i already downloaded 3.1.2 since 10 oct before knowing it is a bad option and am on unlock and not original-country sim card, which means... i'm #@$#@#@...

Soo i did the jailbreak of balckra1n and still nothing but"emergy calls" ...

As for itunes it gives me : The SIM inserted on this phone does not appear to be supported"

Emmm does that mean THAT'S it??? i wish i have read your comments guys before updating this stupid firmware...

Any advice before throwing my iphone from my 4th floor???

• RAM
    via Wordpress

Do you guys think that if i can purchase the "Unlock iphone 3G" http://www.onlineprnews.com/news/8457-1255280711-unlock-iphone-3gs-or-unlock-iphone-3g-312-today-for-only-2499.html

or "Unlock the iphone" at
    http://www.unlock-the-iphone.com/

They are something btw 25 and 30 $...

Please advice, will it work????

• ken clarke
    ken clarke Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

I have a 3g phone that has been updated to 3.1(7c144) via itunes can I jailbreak and unlock this phone from o2 {im in uk) I am running Vista.
    ken

• r4 games
    r4 games Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

i still uses the 3.0.1 version
    plz help
    i'm still new to this......I dont get anything......

• sky
    sky Posts: 8
    via Wordpress

i have bought a used iphone 3gs and am tearing my hair out trying to work out if (or when) i will be able to use it or if i should just get rid of it.

phone was re-set with firmware 3.1 installed when i received it, (but as bought new from apple store (london uk) in july must presume have run 3.0.1 then).

it is locked to 02. i thnk i could jailbreak this with blackrain, but can i unlock it? or is there any prospect in near future of being able to unlock it?

i run windows xp. the phone modem firmware is 05.11.07 and firmware is 3.1 (7c144).

any help very much appreciated. thanks in advance.

sky

• Capt
    Capt Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Hey Guys Need Ur Help..Have an Iphone 3gs (32gb) with 3.1 firmware by default..I was able to jailbreak with purplerain,but unable to unlock,tried adding ultrasnow to cydia and installed it but my network wont come up..Any help really Appreciate.