How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS running iPhone OS 3.1.2 Using PwnageTool

^_^
^_^ Posts: 4,429
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS running iPhone OS 3.1.2 Using PwnageTool

iPhone Dev Team released PwnageTool 3.1.4 for iPhone OS 3.1.2 couple of weeks back to allow users to jailbreak their iPhone and also preserve the baseband firmware so that they can unlock their iPhone. This step-by-step guide will show iPhone 3GS users how to use Dev Team's PwnageTool 3.1.4, which...

Read the full story here

Comments

• kkbk@yahoo.com
    kkbk@yahoo.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

i am getting error 1600 have deleted the file in itunes library and all

• something@me.com
    something@me.com Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

worked for me perfectly. thanks!

• Richard
    Richard Posts: 141
    via Wordpress

Cydia crashes when I try to open it. Used ICY to SSH into the phone so I could delete the files in /var/lib/apt/lists, but there were no files there to delete. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Richard
    via Wordpress

P.S. If I do not set up my phone from back up, cydia works just fine. Any ideas on why setting up my phone from my backup causes cydia to crash? Thanks. . .

• Boogie
    Boogie Posts: 5
    via Wordpress

will this work on firmware 05.11.07, so that i can now use it on t-mobile becz i jailbroke using the last pwange and we all kno that had the boot updater. so will using this fix the problem?

• Pilar
    Pilar Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

When I copy the Pwnage Tool to my Applications folder it says there are some items that could not be copied because they require special authotization. I run the app anyway and everything goes fine until the part when the app is supposed to guide me thru the steps to put the phone (never jailbroken before) in DFU mode. It just says it's on Restore mode and opens iTunes...
    Can anyone help me with this? Many thanks in advance!

• ryu_190185
    ryu_190185 Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I am having iphone 3gs 3.1.2 Modern firmware: 05,11,07. Have not jailbroken it before.. can I use this tool to jailbreak it? tried blackrain but failed..

thanks.

• pinoytutorial
    pinoytutorial Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Thanks for this great tip and tutorials. I have been looking things like this in the internet and now I have found another one!
    Just to share with you guys and this is for apple itouch lovers who want to convert their itouch 2G an iPhone-like very easily.

Here are the steps http://pinoytutorial.com/techtorial/how-to-convert-itouch-to-iphone/

• shaka
    shaka Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

apple is supposed to be comming out with another firmware update 3.1.3 within the coming weeks from what ive heard from a teck

• Kwame
    Kwame Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I did all this successfully only to discover sadly later that i could not install redsnow.then something prompted me to chk the baseband and to my horror it 05.11.07.now my iphone has been reduced to itouch.my only hope is for a miracle to come so i can use red snow or snowbreeze to get my sim working.dev team ppl please help

• akabucha
    akabucha Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

wow look at all these updates..

and yet it still hasnt thoroughly fixed the flaws from the iphone OS 3.1. As of this moment my 3G S is still running OS 3.0.1 jailbroken and unlocked.

I will probably keep this OS until apple releases an update to fix those battery, random shutdown, all that crap.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Well, my question here is that I run os 3.1. How can I update to 3.1.2 without losing all my Cydia apps and what not? Is there a way to do this? Can anyone fill me in please? Can I just create the custom firmware and restore in itunes or is that a no no? Thank you!

• non
    non Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I have a iphone 3g 16 running on 3.1 ....only issue im having is the voicemail password incorrect message keeps popping up...any suggestions?

• non
    non Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

oh and one more thing ...about 200 of my pics are gone?.. and I no longer have the picture mail mms thingy ??? please help?

• Pilar
    Pilar Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I wonder if when the PT puts my iPhone in recovery mode I could just leave the Expert Mode and click on the DFU button on the top of the PY window and see if the jailbreaking process can be picked up from there... any thoughts? I really need some help, thanks a lot!!

• Helio
    Helio Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I still get error 1604 ... Any suggestion?

• T-mobile lover
    T-mobile lover Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

I haven't been able to update to 3.1 on my 3GS bc I have a windows-based computer. I need to jailbreak and keep my baseband. So far, two of my applications are not working anymore bc they require 3.1 - the jerks! Please come out with PWNAGE tool for windows 7 soon. Thank you!!

• Dan
    Dan Posts: 348
    via Wordpress

I am having some troubles. The first run-through, i was unable to access the DFU. When i turned off my phone, it turned on too quickly, and i did not get a chance to wait the 5 seconds to press both buttons. I rebooted my Mac, and went through the process again, and this time it doesn't even see the phone. It just says "Connect Device to USB." ITunes can see the phone, but Pwnage Tool cant. Any ideas? The 3GS is a gift for my dad's b-day, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

• nick
    nick Posts: 219
    via Wordpress

Bill, check out AptBackup app available in Cydia.

http://thebigboss.org/moreinfo/AptBackup.php

• Dean
    Dean Posts: 125
    via Wordpress

hi what sap iphone hack i just want u to know that tom tom car kit is here
    it is on apple store for $119.95 free shipping and it takes 2 to 3 weeks.
    thank you for your good jobs.

• Ryan
    Ryan Posts: 260
    via Wordpress

when are they gonna create a custom logo creator ? every time i make one on my own that meets specs pwnage tool says it still isn't compatible.

• Richard
    via Wordpress

I never had to manually put my phone in DFU mode, as soon as pwange told me to put my phone into DFU mode iTunes came up and said it had detected a phone in recovery mode. I just closed pwange and continued to do option-restore in iTunes and everything worked out great.

• iphone 3GS Apple
    iphone 3GS Apple Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

thanks for sharing.

• Bill
    Bill Posts: 153
    via Wordpress

Hey Nick!
    Yeah, I have it but I can never seem to get it to work. I back up my apps, but then when I reinstall it and restore either it doesn't work or it doesn't restore all my apps.

• W
    W Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

Thanks.
    Worked for me.
    But had to Remove ICY from the IPSW file.
    And had to update Cydia first before installing Unlock tool.

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

my friend told me about how to jailbreak iphone 3GS, but i select the "Simple Mode" instead of "Expert Mode" and i accidentally click restore without holding up option :(
    now its 3.1.2 firmware, but is it still possible for me to re-jailbreak it ?

• Paul
    Paul Posts: 239
    via Wordpress

Hi,
    I have a 3GS and jailbroke. I went to unlock it with ultrasn0w and the phone froze. Now it is stuck in recovery mode. The only thing I can do is update it with the latest firmware. If i do that, I won't be able to unlock it. I have tried restoring it with a custom firmware made with pwnagetool, but it won't allow me to. It says something like incompatible firmware. Is there any hope?

What about the ad on this website from autoiphoneunlocker.com? Has anyone tried it? Will it truely unlock 3.1.2 with the newest baseband? If it does, it may be worth it to buy it since I have several iphones I can use it on.

Please, someone help.

• T-mobile lover
    T-mobile lover Posts: 4
    via Wordpress

Paul, the autoiphoneunlocker only uses what the Dev Team and GeoHot has released. They don't have any new sources. I bought it for 3.0.1. Same thing as what's posted on here, except clearer directions and all the necessary files are all in one place for easy quick download. Well, it does have unlimited upgrades. Hmmm...

• Minh
    Minh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I followed these steps and successful JB and unlocked my iphone 3gs with 3.1 OS. However, I could not make any phone calls at all. When I make a call, it suddenly ended it and then it announced that the call is failed. Accept that I still received calls and msm from other people. Can anyone help me to fix it please?

• elvin_1987@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

erm... i just get iphone 3Gs then the VERSION 3.1.2(7D11) n the MODEM FIRMWARE 05.11.07 can i jailbreak??