How to Jailbreak And Unlock your iPhone With Blackra1n And Blacksn0w On Mac

Andy
Andy Posts: 1,127
via Wordpress in iPhoneHacks.com
imageHow to Jailbreak And Unlock your iPhone With Blackra1n And Blacksn0w On Mac

If you are looking to jailbreak or unlock your iPhone, here is a tutorial on how you can do it with Geohot's blackra1n software. This tutorial is for Mac users only. If you are a Windows user, you may read the corresponding jailbreaking guide here. Some important points to note...

Read the full story here

Comments

• bocaj7777
    bocaj7777 Posts: 20
    via Wordpress

batter later then never i guess

• SM
    SM Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

thanks for the post but slight fix on the instructions...it should read "blackra1n.dmg" not "blackra1n.exe". (dmg = mac, exe = windows)

• gappochan
    gappochan Posts: 14
    via Wordpress

This is the most awesome piece of software I've ever used in my entire life. it was easy, painless and so fast my head is still spinning! one thing though... just as "sm" said.... and this is a silly mistake... exe=windowz....dmg=mac....

also... there is no snow icon on my springboard... but the program told me my iPhone was unlocked.... am I missing something?

• iPhoneHacks
    iPhoneHacks Posts: 2,315
    via Wordpress

Thanks guys for highlighting the error, it has been fixed.

• andrewpetti1@mac.com
    via Wordpress

awesome u rock dude, works a treat so simple

• Josh
    Josh Posts: 265
    via Wordpress
  • Vk
    Vk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

silly question please forgive me but i can unlock 3G and 3GS by same steps?

• Justin
    Justin Posts: 142
    via Wordpress

i really need help, i accidentally update my iPhone 3G to 3.1 or 3.1.2 through iTunes updates months ago (it was 2.4 before)
    and i just did those, but im stuck at reboot :(
    my iPhone keep reboot and rebooting all over again, i already tried press reset+home for 10sec but it just turn off the iphone and when i turn it on, still rebooting X(
    what should i do now ?

• markrj
    markrj Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

By far the easiest I have ever used, amazing! Be sure to donate like I did :)

• Noosh
    Noosh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

my phone has been downloading sn0w for way more than 10mins now - what could this mean???? Help!?!

• Noosh
    Noosh Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

I just have some Post install log for sn0w screen with a small download cirle moving - cannot see if it is working or noe - how long should it take?

• matt
    matt Posts: 283
    via Wordpress

every time i install this upgrade the phone stops being able to use the internet and then when it turns off will always need to be restored .. have tried twice ..

HELP!

• Sean
    Sean Posts: 138
    via Wordpress

it just stopped at recovery mode and wouldnt work until i plugged it back into itunes and recovered all the files. so ill give it a 2/10 for trying and wasting my time.

• wildfire_003
    wildfire_003 Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Once I restore my firmware it says it is version 3.1.2 (7D11). Everything seems to work fine but the iPhone does not fully reboot and I am left with a picture of a USB cable pointing to the iTunes logo? Can I not unlock 7D11? what is that even?

• maria
    maria Posts: 10
    via Wordpress

OMG this is GENUIS! Works like a charm...I LOVE YOU!!

• MJC
    MJC Posts: 0
    via Wordpress

Greetings, has anyone had any issues with recieving or sending text messages once the phone was jailbroken or unlocked? I've updated my 3GS to 3.1.2 and 05.11.07 baseband and I'm ready to hack away. :) Any heads up? Cheers.

• arty
    arty Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

Mine's doing the same... what did you do?

• sdf
    sdf Posts: 7
    via Wordpress

Actually, ISO = windows, DMG=Mac or app = Mac and exe=Windows. Parallel structure makes comparisons sensible.

• Slim
    Slim Posts: 11
    via Wordpress

complete RUBBISH!
    don't work for me lol...
    jus get a message in Blackra1n saying "waiting for device" <<< the bloody thing is plugged in the damn pc!!
    can anyone help or offer advice? if you can pls tweet @ me!!! @djslimdizzle

• krillebjurling@hotmail.com
    via Wordpress

Hey!
    I have done this once and it worked fine! Then all of a sudden the iphone freezes and goes into a apple logo mode and nothing happens, i've waited, tied to restart for days. Finally now i got it to restore from "let it rain" but again it gets stuck att the apple logo when reboot, and restarts and restarts... Anyone got any idea?

• zulayirvin@gmail.com
    via Wordpress

I've tried blackra1n and pwnage. neither has worked for me. I think maybe they worked back in October, and maybe in early November, but not anymore. I tried both on my mac, maybe I will try blackra1n on my PC instead.

• Vignesh Shenvi
    Vignesh Shenvi Posts: 1
    via Wordpress

I have the exact problem too.... I dont know what to do next???

• Max
    Max Posts: 62
    via Wordpress

im in chian and did all of the following to the letter.
    now i popped in my sim and it it shows the network working ont he top left corner but a message on the screen saying different SIM detected please connect to itunes and when i do itunes just says theres a problem with my iphone to contact apple.
    what do i do now pls?

• blackra1n
    blackra1n Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

I recently jailbrok and unlocked my iphone 2G 3.1.2 with the blackra1n program and everything was good except when it came time for me to open any application from the apps store, but it will allow me to open any original apple application that came preinstalled on my iphone, can you please help me fix this problem.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

mkay, seems like this piece of software works for some older 3gs with 3.1.2 and latest baseband. seems like apple put something new for christmas into new iphones. I tried both apps this one and pwnage. both applications work ok untill first reboot after jailbreak. iphone doesn't reboot but instead it enters DFU and stays there till you restore original apple firmware. meaning if you jailbreak it then it doesn't boot anymore. for people having the same problem, just open iTunes and hit normal Restore, it will automatically download and install the latest orignal firmware and then just wait for new jailbreak software to come out. this sux, just got my brand new 32g 3GS and i'm stuck with it.

• Bob
    Bob Posts: 183
    via Wordpress

just got a new 32Gb 3GS (3.1.2 and 05.11.07 preinstalled) in the mail and the first thing i did was to run the blackra1n app. after it did its thing and rebooted, i too got the USB cable pointing to the iTunes icon and iTunes on my mac telling me it needs to be restored. i then ran the blackra1n app again and it rebooted with the blackra1n app on my springboard. all is well after the second install. so all you unappreciative, free app downloading jail breakers leaving negative comments can go F yourselves!
    enjoy

• bebe
    bebe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

Need help Please any genius out there.... Big Thanks.

I have problem with iphone 3GS, recently upgraded to 3.1.2 JB & unlock using Blackrain & blacksn0w. It was working fine until now. I used Rock to add most of my repo & apps. Started to notice bugs with categoties apps, wouldn't hide those hidden apps from springboard. So I deleted categories, deleted libhide and reboot the phone. However, after that the phone didn't work anymore. It won't reboot, won't sync, couldn't rejailbreak again. What do I need to do now?

• bebe
    bebe Posts: 3
    via Wordpress

It happened to me now... have you figured out how to fix this problem? Thanks

• doctor octagontapus
    via Wordpress

hey, when it says it needs to be a tethered jailbreak, can i still turn the phone off manually?

thanks.

• mbk
    mbk Posts: 2
    via Wordpress

Have there been any updates to this jailbreak? I have tried the jailbreak 3 times and it never reboots, it remains in recovery mode. Is there a missing link in the steps?